The Fabled Halls of Fate - Knock backs...

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Spira, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Shanak Member

Wah wah wah, all I hear are a bunch of babies crying. I am sick of all the whining these days and devs kowtowing to every little thing. Somehow we made it through KoS, EoF, RoK, TSO, SF, DoV, etc. without them removing knock backs from this zone. Now all of a sudden it's a problem? You kids and your "have it my way" attitudes.... If you're getting too many knock backs, pull fewer things at a time. If you want to pull entire rooms at a time, then deal with the consequences... My god... Knock backs are a part of this game, and whether you believe it or not, it does add some difficulty to the zone, or you wouldn't be crying about it. If you know how to deal with it, it's not a problem. Shame on you devs for this, especially if you are removing the abilities alltogether. That's just wrong. This is Halls of Fate, it has knock backs. Won't be the same zone without em.
    Tahuti likes this.
  2. Treejay Active Member

It adds absolutely zero difficulty. all it does is make me move to a corner, get KBd out, move back, it literally adds zero challenge.
  3. Treejay Active Member

And it wasn't the same zone to begin with, we clear it in maybe 10 pulls.
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

Indeed they could make this zone interesting if a bad pull (2 encounters)
    was meaning : root/mezz/lite and burn your emergency and try to survive.
    And if 3 was almost a certain wipe (assuming your group is running in arcane gear partially gemmed).

I ran this zone solo with my 60 something paladin (was it 68?) -- nothing was red but many were orange --
    I had to be super carefull pulling especially in rooms in which a boss was patroling. And yeap it was fun.

Now if they do that those zones will become longer to complete, hence they should grant more etymas
    and reards than regular zones that can be cleared in 15mn.

Last since most priests are immune to stun/stiffe, the challenge that raised from the necessity to deal with such
    way to disable magic is gone too.

I remember sebilis, when a bad pull of double harmtouching sk
    could mean a dead tank, umless he used stoneskin or got a DP running.

Currently i don't see the point in having content that you can clear auto-following
    the tank with a stick maitainng a poor dps macro key pressed (or using one of those programmable gaming keyboard/mouse).
  5. Treejay Active Member

I can clear Halls in 15 minutes. It's not hard.I don't know why I post anymore.. it's useless.
  6. Luanne Active Member

I agree with a lot of this. Please make the zones harder, and by harder I don't mean the bosses hitting harder, in fact the bosses can hit for 10k for all I care, make the STRATEGY difficult, and if someone fails the strategy, THEN something happens that is bad. I actually enjoyed having to use roots snares, mez, fears, stuns, etc to get correct pulls. The varsoon fight in palace (heroic) was one of the best fights in the whole game because it was almost entirely based on strategy.. more like this please.. The dominion zone is actually pretty nice for strategy although it's still following suit with the gotta have good gear and ridiculous HP and 2 healers type of zone which it should be not based on how hard things hit but by how good you are at playing the game ( as in, if you don't do something right you do get hit hard or 1 shot , like not interrupting or jousting or mezzing or stunning or moving , anything other than mass heals/dps is preferable ) Nexona fight, that was fun.. Even venril was fun.. because after you got done with it, you felt like you accomplished something. Munzok? Miragul, fun stuff.. What happened to the people who designed those? lol
    oops /togglerant
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

most of the things you named are raids :p
    most people don't want raid encounters for group zones. thats why there is raids and there are groups :p
    also most of those aren't "purely strat" only fight that comes to my mind of purely strat is DMP and most of palace (raid). as far as heroic zones go I can think of the 3 mobs in Maidens Chamber. where you probably can't win at the current level it was if you couldn't do the strat.
    although fun in small doses though. no I don't want fights that are scripted in strat where if 1 person fails you all fail. personally it ruins the fun for most people and they are like "why even run this zone?"
    like I said, once every few is fine, but eh
    sixx76 and Avahlynn like this.
  8. Jezes Active Member

Knock backs don't make things hard. They make things annoying. Learn the difference.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Just ran the zone pulling ~15 mobs per pull. No issues with the KB. Mages stayed ranged to minimize the interruptions and melee did what melee does. Tank barely moved once in position.

The thing with Kingdom of Sky was either you pulled mass and were powerful enough to deal with it or you pulled slow. This pull-style is still in FHoF because it was indicative of KoS.
  10. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Ok, call me baby ^^ well i´m not crying ^^ but i got sick about all those ups and downs (yeah, i did not kicked out of the corner and i did not died). But i gues the action will be less meaningfull if you character is around as tall and only gets lifted 1 or 2 feets and hits the ceeling ^ ^
    To a dwarf, its like a rollercoaster ride ^^ (first time fun tho ^^)
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

Yeah I fly about 2ft up and my horns hit the ceiling, I guess a bump for me is a punt for you :p
    Kalderon likes this.
  12. Spira Member

Listen cry-baby.. the zone is just boring and annoying when nearly all the trash have kb, stun and stone skin abilities.. It adds absolutely NO challange. Removing the annoyance from the only zone that drops the retardedly rare gems is a good thing.
  13. Ucala Well-Known Member

their 50% stoneskin is more annoying than the KB, imo
    xkrisx likes this.
  14. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Can I like this post more then once ....

I dont give a rats a** about the kick backs .. I am a bruiser so the Stuns don't even both me much .. but those stupid stone-skins are so damn annoying. Maybe the stone-skins themselves aren't that bad but the spam in chat window is ridiculous. Talk about lag caused by the insane amount of logs being generated by those.. OMG.. please fix :)
    Kraeref likes this.