The Fabled Halls of Fate - Knock backs...

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Spira, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Spira Member

Can we please tone down the knock backs in this zone? please? its a bit too much..
    Kalderon and Errrorr like this.
  2. Glassjaw Active Member

The amount of knock arounds and stuns is quite high I agree. There are some easy ways to counter them though like the use of Astral Dominion purple rune, stun pots or character traits and abilities that prevent stun. As for preventing from getting kicked across the rooms I always wedge my tank in a nice corner and he generally stays put and it sets the mobs up nice for the aoe dps to knock em down.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

+1 one for toning the knockbacks down. Especially when trash is as feeble as it is, it adds no challenge, just pure annoyance.
    Spira likes this.
  4. Kalderon Well-Known Member

I felt like a flipperball last night ^^
    Can be done, no big deal, but still anoying ^^
  5. Spira Member

Id prefer the zone to be ALOT harder.. and up the drop-rate for gems
  6. Chrol Developer

Looks like the major culprits are Whirling Strike and Gut Check. In a future hotfix, the knockbacks will be removed. (Will be called out in update notes.)
    Kalderon, Bouncing Skull and Spira like this.
  7. Spira Member

Love you <3
    Errrorr likes this.
  8. Shanak Member

You disappoint me. :(

"This zone is too easy, but could you please make it easier?"
    "Ok sure, no problem."
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

I'm in the disappointment crowd myself, just reduce the severity instead of all together. The reason players are complaining is they are pulling 30+ Mobs at once (thus Whirling Strike from the Skarize Champions and Gut Check are being casted more often).

It's not really a mob issue so much as players-overpulling and not knowing how to position to account for Knockbacks. As a Tank I have no issues with the KB's and neither do our mages who back into a corner that I left open for them.
    Kalderon likes this.
  10. Kalika Well-Known Member

Such a degree of trivialisation is likely to be too much for me.

Old school players may remember when druids had to root, ranger had to snare, necro to fear,/cage enchanter to mez/stun, summoner to offtank one opponent with their pet tank.

I also remember back when WOW was released (very first monthes or weeks) ...
    In Shoolomance we had to chain undeads, sap humanoid, pulling was tricky, hunter were freezing or slowing mobs ....

The current game experience in EQ2 can be summed up as : Tank and spank + some trivial thing to do ... like stop "beating the mob", "cure that expected curse", "run out from a red area".

I probably need to investigate and find out if a game with real gameplay do still exist.
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

I remember those days. Knowing how to CC was pivotal to being a Mage/Healer in small groups back in RoK and before. It really was DoV thru Current that saw things get munched down so much. You still could CC everything in SF iirc just Named had a higher chance to break that CC.
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Anybody thinking the KB's might the zone harder is just being stupid really. It doesn't change anything at all, its just an annoyance tanks suffer as they stand in a corner and bounce up and down repeatedly.
    Kalderon likes this.
  13. Banneloria New Member

If that's your stance, why not lean towards reducing the amount of trash so groups aren't obligated to pull huge amounts? Less problems with the knockback. Only thing the knockback and such are accomplishing right now is annoying people, I've only seen a couple groups in there where they were undergeared, that it actually became more than an annoyance.
  14. Estred Well-Known Member

There are multiple ways to make a zone hard, there was that much Trash in KoS and to be really accurate it needs to stay. I realize that I personally am probably better than your "average" tank and my groups also are better than your "average" group. That being said the zone can be done slowly by skilled tanks. In KoS over-pulling was a wipe, which isn't true here so the Kickback issue has arisen.

So the easy fix so to speak would be to reduce the magnitude or frequency. The fact my groups have no issues with the current zone does not mean that all groups aren't experiencing issues. I shouldn't be posting while fighting raid bosses though.
  15. Spira Member

Like I already said, I would prefer the zone to be a lot harder.. and by that I mean make the nameds encounters more interesting.. In my humble opinion trash is not what makes a zone hard, and having hundreds of trash mobs with kb, stun and stone skins isn't making the zone hard, it is just making it annoying.
    Ranga likes this.
  16. Draylore Well-Known Member

The named are trivial easy even for 'average' groups.

The trash is simply annoying no matter who you are.

Zone is not hard or challenging by any means.

IMO removing knock backs or lessening them does not make the zone any harder or easier ....just less annoying.

They need to learn how to make zones like Dom that actually has some level of challenge.

They need to re-learn the definition of challenge......frustrating, annoying, pointless trash and time consuming are not it.
  17. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Yeah, thats the point of all, oh, dont remove them ^^ It is not that much fun, as dwarf, to get bounced like a ball.... well might even look funy for someone outside ^^
    But as said before, it does not mater, even with kb mobs, the zone is just a burst through ^^ (if setup is right... well not that bright right, but 2-3 mio dps do more then enough ^^)
    Oh, oh, oh... put in some Challenging modes from the so called fabled(boring) zones, make the nameds be x2 ^^ which drops gems each of em and make em HARD ^^ (ok, i might get a stone or two for this one ^^)
  18. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Last named should have an actual Challenge Mode imo but I gave up hope of hard heroic instances.

Should become an epic x2, and do a lot more damage, and have waves of drakes that come into the fight at certain %.
    75% = 5 Drakes (^ ones)
    50% = 5 Drakes (^^ ones)
    25% = 5 Drakes (^^^ ones).

I mean, if he's sat there protecting his eggs, and he is being killed, who would just sit there and leave them to watch you die :D
  19. Kraeref Well-Known Member

But then he needs to drop a sparkling gem more often than now.
  20. Typos Member

Thank you sooo much dev for lessening/tuning down kb's.. playing a scout is obnoxious at best.

tanking lol... yes i lock in corners.. and i just bounce around until mobs are dead.. Its not challenging... it's just annoying.

You can add challenge without annoyance... reference the bouncy fight in ooa in moors.