The End of EQ2

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Rajaih, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Rajaih Member

Well Halls of Fate is at 21 hours and 10 minutes right now so I would say EQ2 will have no players left very shortly and then they will be able to merge all the servers down to one....whoo hoo Daybreak. It was fun while it lasted but since you don't care about your customers and think your game is worth us waiting in queue for over 20 hours a day to play for 5 minutes and be kicked, you have lost your minds. I love the game and my guild and will miss my toon but I need to be somewhere were I can play when I want to. Peace out!
  2. Avouriel the Ratonga Active Member

I have a feeling there will be very few like maybe 20-80 on EQ2
    Mizgamer62 and Rajaih like this.
  3. kylelight Member

yet on the server statues it shows halls of fate is pretty full like medium
    Mizgamer62, Kalderon and Rajaih like this.
  4. dcruse2 New Member

the server status screen is updated daily by a 2 toed sloth that gets distracted very easily by anything shiny .... take that with a grain of salt anything you read on that page :)
    Mizgamer62, Rajaih and Finora like this.
  5. Foretold Well-Known Member

LOL so the server is so busy that you can't get in... that certainly spells the death of EQ2.

Like the Yogi Berra quote - No one goes to the mall any more, its too crowded.

They have a fix in Tuesday. If you don't want to wait, cough up $15. And cool down the melodrama.
    Shazta, Kuulei, Kittybock and 2 others like this.
  6. Marie New Member

If you don't like the wait sub
    Kittybock and Moonpanther like this.
  7. Adevil Well-Known Member

Where did you see that, Foretold? I've checked Holly & Daybreak's twitter pages, News & Annonucements, as well as the Staff Post Tracker and can't find any mention of a fix.
    Mizgamer62, FriggaWitch and Finora like this.
  8. flameweaver Well-Known Member

That, if I may say so, is just plain dumb, and I say that as an allaccess member. Sometime ago SOE, as was, decided to embrace an alternative free to play model, now they choose to discriminate.

I have no issue whist a short queue, when the servers are busy, but forcing f2p players to wait near 24hours to play a game is just plain wrong. It's clear something is broken with the queue system.
    Xillean, Mizgamer62, Juraiya and 3 others like this.
  9. Enoibia Well-Known Member

Holly said it on HoF server yesterday.
    Moonpanther and Adevil like this.
  10. Emesh Well-Known Member

Yes, Holly was on Maj'Dul yesterday as well and she told us a fix was in for Tuesday.
    Enoibia likes this.
  11. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

So "Windstalker" was on both new consolidated servers and in all the time since she was there not one mention of this was made on any sort of media stream? Hmm, nice communicating to the community, so whose stirring the pot now?
  12. seanabrady New Member

I can confirm she was on Maj'Dul yesterday and posted that a patch would roll Tuesday to fix memory issues and should remove queue.
  13. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Well that is a welcome bit of good news for sure!
  14. Stach Well-Known Member

This is amazing going on the server that the people that need to know this cannot get on, and announce it there, instead of on the forums, or twitter, or facebook...........
  15. suka Well-Known Member

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/is-the-temporary-queue-permanent.565027

Canth Active Member

New
    (1446427393)[Sun Nov 01 17:23:13 2015] \aPC -1 Windstalkerdev:Windstalkerdev\/a tells General (1), "F2P will have Queue issues until Tuesday withour fixes. The queue drops as the population drops. Obviously weekends are tough. But it should be gone on Tuesday."

(1446427581)[Sun Nov 01 17:26:21 2015] \aPC -1 Windstalkerdev:Windstalkerdev\/a tells General (1), "The queue is temporary. It was that or server crashes. The queue for F2P gets longer the more members who bypass it. It's not ideal, obviously, but we should have it fixed Tuesday."

That's all I have on that subject. We did have a bit of a /rolleyes moment about the fact that the people who couldn't log in wouldn't see that.
    Juraiya, FriggaWitch and Adevil like this.
  16. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

17. Rajaih Member

Well, here we are on Tuesday night and the queue continues to tick upwards. Looks like no game playing for us tonight again.
    And I am tired of all-access players bashing the FTP. It takes all of us to keep this game feasible, up and running! If we didn't love this damned game we wouldn't be here ********, we would have ran off in search of greener pastures long ago!
    <gets of soapbox for the night>
    Mizgamer62 and Moonlit_Evening like this.
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

My alt is only sitting at 2 hours & change for a queue but STILL!

I'm unimpressed with this fix =(. 24 or 2+ doesn't make much difference when you only have a short window for playtime in the first place.
    Mizgamer62 and Rajaih like this.
  19. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Despite some unforeseen issues resulting from a new form of server mergers, there are still some EQ2 servers you can access at any time on a FTP account. So really, you should be grateful that you can still access free entertainment. Want better service from a company that makes its money by selling entertainment? Pay up.

It would be nice if some form of queue system remained in place as a permanent fixture, to help provide paying customers with improved server performance during prime time. Yes, yes... We already know, countless freeloaders love to claim they spend copious amounts of cash via micro transactions, but mysteriously see no value in a subscription. The only thing such claims achieve, is making me laugh.
    Shazta, Leeroy and Kittybock like this.
  20. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Claiming you play entirely for free generally means you are accessing the servers for free, but in actuality ponying up 1~5k monthly in just about every case except here, where you can almost be certain they're fully playing it free, except for 10~15 a month in broker tokens.