The Dragon's Armory is open!

Discussion in 'Fan Site News and Announcements' started by Dedith, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Dedith Well-Known Member

I'd like to invite everyone to check out the Dragon's Armory website (http://www.dragonsarmory.com)!

This is a site I built to help folks analyze their characters and see what options they have for upgrading and getting the character to perform better. The site is free for use. No sign-in is required for just looking up a character, but for saved character lists and some additional tools you'll want to sign-up.

I hope everyone enjoys it! If you have any feedback, feel free to PM me or send me feedback on the website.

UPDATE: By popular demand, a larger font option is now available in the Account Settings.

Thanks,
    Dedith
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

I'll have to check it out, seems mostly atm it is just for checking Hard/Soft caps for those who do not know what they are on the top of their heads.

Your text however seems to be <12 point and it is a bit hard to read for even those with good vision, I would recommend increasing the font size a bit especially for users with poorer eyesight. I don't really have much else feedback though.
  3. Alenna Well-Known Member

That would help those lke me who then wont' have to ask.
    sigh was going to check my main but she is wearing her harvesting gear at the moment. and I can't get into the game yet.

and you are right <12 point is hard on my eyes.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

If I am on you can always shoot me a tell with quick questions. As long as they aren't incessant I usually will answer a question regardless of how "newbie" it is.
  5. Dedith Well-Known Member

When first reading this I was a bit baffled as I have this mostly at 12px for regular text and 14px for headers, but I found a point to px comparision.

I'll see what I can do. Over all, it's a lot of data to get in a limited space.

edit: I will note, item tooltips have a few things set at 10px (procs and set bonuses). I'll probably bump those up as well.
  6. Avianna Well-Known Member

I loaded my pally and in the tool tip I was receiving accurate numbers but on the stats themselves were incorrect. I think I have more DPS than 4 at lvl 95. other than that and slow loading time on adornments page it was good.
  7. Dedith Well-Known Member

Interesting, but this may be that you were chrono'd or mentoring someone at the last update. I believe the stats will be the same in any Census page (EQ2U, etc). Feel free to message me if that is not the case.

The item tooltips are pulling the items directly, so they would not show mentor'd or chrono'd variants.
  8. Avianna Well-Known Member

hmm let me double check that....

Yup indeed I was mentored down and that was the cause. displaying perfect now
  9. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Cool site. Yeah, looks like Refined items' stats aren't be taken into account for some things. The green totals in the main stat window appear correct but the values for the items themselves aren't. For example, it shows 8.2% potency on my Cloak when it's really 9.0%. Same thing happens on EQ2U. That's more of a Sony data feed problem I suspect because the items probably have the same ID code or something.

As far as the text size goes, can just Zoom the webpage.with the browser if needed.
  10. Dedith Well-Known Member

@Mysstie - I just looked at the datafeed for your toon (Mysstie I presume) and you are correct. There is no indiction of refined materials used. I'll ask if we can get that provided in the Census data feed. Any experimental alterations should show properly.
  11. Mrsteatime New Member

Dedith, great site looks like it will be really handy. I just tried to submit a bug report, but your feedback form is give me a php error when I try to submit anything.
    • The bug was being able to add duplicate characters to the toon list.
    • Removing one of them removes all of the duplicate characters.
    • Moving a toon, moves both the duplicate characters to the selected group.
    Mrsteatime
  12. Dedith Well-Known Member

I had never originally intended to allow multiple entries of the same toon, but several folks have mentioned this. The move and remove features don't yet support it. I'll see about fixing that shortly.
  13. huhahee New Member

got to look at it the first day it was released. very nice, but since then the page as be unavailable, resolve the address in DNS and cant ping the IP address. seems the site is offline and has been for the last few days.
  14. Dedith Well-Known Member

The page is and has been available. The ip I currently show is 184.168.178.1, and I can get to this from multiple internet connections (home, work, friend's houses, etc)
  15. Sucha Active Member

Handy, but like others have said that font is atrocious. Please make it larger.
  16. Dedith Well-Known Member

Good news, it didn't take as long as I thought and I have included a larger font (12pt) option in the account settings. Feel free to try this out and let me know how it works.
  17. Calthine Well-Known Member

Hey, thanks for the news link! I've added Dragon's Armory to our Community Resources page.

I'm going to add my voice to the bid for a more readable font. The serif font (Times Roman, maybe?) is tiny with very tight kerning. Call me old, but I have to either grab my reading cheaters or use my browser to make it readable.
  18. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Signing in with Facebook doesn't currently work. At least not from where I am sitting.
  19. herem Member

love the page - especially where you can hover over a stat and see what items provide that stat. What about adding functionality to let you click on that stat and have the information remain displayed, so you can move the mouse to another part of the screen? would love that.
  20. Dedith Well-Known Member

haha, I think I know exactly what you're doing and have done so myself. Open the webpage and use the stat hover over items for reforging.. I'll see what I can do in a future update. I need to get some backend components cleaned up first.