The consolidated monk Dragonfire mimmiiimiiimiiimmi thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dolgrin, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Dolgrin Active Member

Who is whining?
    - Mostly everyone never played a monk.
    - Mostly everyone who has no idea of the monk mechanic.
    - Somes SKs because their ego are hit, not beeing always top parse anymore.

Is Dragonfire breaking any scripts - NO, not in solo, heroic or raid!
    If you say yes - give a concrete example.

Do you can run faster thru any stuff? - Not really, some trash is going down faster, nothing else.

Does Dragonfire make you a better tank? - NOOOOO.
    Tanking is more, then pressing 2 buttons!

Does Dragonfire make you a the best dps? - NOOOOO.
    Take a group well timed Ascend combos, a beastlord or assassin or warden with a grandmastered Instinct and you get 10-20 times more dps.

Dragonfire is not a one button dps, even not a 2 button, but i won't tell you the secret.

Todo-List (in correct order):
    Lower overall SK-DPS, because they are T1-DPS on Raid-Nameds.
    Lower overall Ascen-Combo-DPS.
    Lower assasin spike DPS.
    Lower Warden DPS-Buff.
    Lower all Top-Parse DPS in order to please another class.
    Lower all Proc-DPS.
    Lower Monk-Dragonfire.

All this multiple hate threads suggesting Dragonfire is THE godspell to trivialize all game-content are irrelevant and meaningless.

If Dragonfire is to strong for you, you are do weak for POP heroics and raids.

My 2 Cents,
    Dolgrin
    Sounson and Kabbe like this.
  2. Dannni Active Member

If it’s not doing 70% or your parse you must not have ‘worked it out’ yet lol
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

nobody said it broke anything

having more dps makes u run zones faster.

it does ! more damage = more threat/ second

using DF makes u a better dps. try a fight without it, and tell me how well u did. Or use the previous tier DF and tell me how good u did on the parse.
    are u sure ? in some fights I've seen DF top raid parses (beat asc combos and primals)
    I've seen parses where DF was first, instinct was 2nd, ascensions were after.

ignoring the "dragon fire is OP" is stupid. It is, we all have numbers to show it. monks also say it. If DF was OP last xpac .. people would have known already. monks didn't become skilled in dps only in 2018 !
    Xillean and Snikkety like this.
  4. Uganda Knuckles Member

maybe its you not knowing how to use. there is french word for slow understanding. you are silly bubu.
  5. Sounson Active Member

I've been stomping SKs on the parse for many xpacs, just ask some (perhaps Kielex). It's always some new excuse. "Oh it was your reflect!" Didn't even use it. "Oh, you paid to max implosion" I'm not even etherealist. "Boneshattering Combo is overpowered!" "Oh you exploited Dragonfire" The tears flow like water, and they will keep flowing long after you people finally drown this forum and get what you want.

I hope they lower all fighter outgoing damage by a set % so everyone suffers from this endless barrage on these forums.
    Scalo likes this.
  6. Revanu Well-Known Member

was that necessary? seems a bit amateur and juvenile.
  7. Sounson Active Member

Pretty sure I served a MT for Revelations and Covenant expansions before reflect was a thing. Fun facts of the day, King of Zamunda.
  8. Dannni Active Member

This guy is so skilled. GM Bulwark, check, GM scorched earth + GM Dragonfire check... what broken ability will you being paying to max out next? ;) Maybe the devs just worked out monks have the fattest wallets and have acted accordingly. Im cool with it, you can pay to keep the game a float with your uber credit card.
    Xillean and Snikkety like this.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

it's not about stomping parse.
    I don't even play SK.

I don't care if you're better than Kielex. but not admitting dragon fire is overtuned is what makes acts as a ******.

I play warden, I know instinct is strong, I like it, I don't want it to be nerfed either, but I know it is really strong and I admit it.

when the apprentice version of the new tier is better than the master version of last tier ... there's a stut
    Xillean likes this.
  10. Revanu Well-Known Member

Just curious, how do you know they were paid for? there has been ample time to farm zones to get scrolls, raid drops, etc.

I'm quite enjoying the assaults that are transpiring in this lovely informative thread.

Please continue.
  11. Clintsat Well-Known Member

In my opinion, Wardens Instinct proc needs nerfed more than dragon fire. At least dragon fire requires buttons and timing. Instinct is a passive proc that is dominating the parse...
  12. Uganda Knuckles Member

becaus dragonfire gm book was discovered like 3 days ago?
  13. Uganda Knuckles Member

14. Revanu Well-Known Member

so you pin point 1 spell out of the litany of them spewed. whats wrong with p2w? it was implemented to separate the player base. Sorry for having a job and spending $ on a game that's enjoyed?

What is your proposed theory on any other broken ability? Or do you solely find fault in Dragonfire because you don't have a valid thesis for any other over scaled ability at the moment? Or could it be something that we aren't noticing.

Stay tuned for the next incoherent rambling....
  15. Dannni Active Member

See above, GM book discovered 2 days ago on a different server. Although maybe he could have server transferred, had it commissioned or purchased the book then transferred back?
  16. Revanu Well-Known Member

like I stated prior, you state many spells but only focus in on one.

This rhetoric is so tame and bodiless. oh well. good luck on your crusade
  17. Dannni Active Member

Did you manage to actually get in game to witness dragonfire yet... i do remember you saying you hadnt been playing the game in a few months but it didnt hold you back from defending an ability you hadnt seen
  18. Revanu Well-Known Member

Nope, I speak entirely out of ignorance and lack of fact and perspective.
    Snikkety likes this.
  19. Nero Active Member

So let's summarize:

Zerkers: Can and do top parses, especially on large AOE pulls
    Monks: Can and do top parses, especially on large AOE pulls
    SKs: Can and do top parses period.
    Bruisers, Guards, and Pallys have just gone by the wayside i guess, unless someone plays one and wants to offer some valid feedback that doesnt start off with "nerf everyone but me".

Some thoughts:

1. Tanks can and do tank in offensive. This gives up an extra 20% base potency (roughly 8-9k for most). This is a big deal, especially now, as the difference between having 70k and 80k is nearly a 100% increase in DPS output.
    2. Tanks are "generally" the first ones to see raid loot upgrades for the majority of their slots. This has been the case in so many raids that I have run with. Refer to # 1 why this could exacerbate the difference in DPS output.

You guys are still stuck on parses from the first month of the xpac, where the disparity in potency made for some pretty ridiculous parse standings. For a while we had a fury that was topping parses, then it was me, then it was a zerker.

As people are getting gear upgrades, all is starting to normalize, and once again, you T1s (Conjys, Rangers, Sins, Wizzys) are right back at the top of the parse.

I get that you all have a problem with DF doing 60% of a monk's parse, but you really arent looking at the big picture. On any given parse, It's DF, passive procs, curava renda, defiler's damage proc, some other garbage that i don't cast, and then my actual abilities start showing up at #6 or 8 or so. So now, I really dont care if DF get's nerfed, however, a measly 20% increase to my actual combat arts will will basically cripple the class. It would literally take a 200-300% increase to make up for any nerf to DF.

Looking forward to more flames, insults and irrational banter from captain uruguay.
    Revanu likes this.
  20. Dannni Active Member

Its ok we understand some monks want to defend their positions as 'skilled' or 'nothing to see here'... lets face the music, your opinion and all of the other monks posting is biased. There is a consensus among objective players free from this bias and that is when any class consistently does the vast majority of their dps from one ability, it should be addressed. It could be any one of the other classes next week, if its as broken as dragonfire is, then people should be allowed to question the poor game design.