The Conjuror Guide to Macros and / Commands

Discussion in 'Conjuror' started by ARCHIVED-Thocar, Apr 12, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Loralor Guest

double post
    Message Edited by Loralor on 05-15-2006 06:31 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Thocar Guest

SWG Macros are very different from EQ2. You can't do all that much in EQ2 except execute a series of commands. You can't call other macros, which is a huge difference. Calling another macro will give you the ability to create a loop. This is why EQ2 doesn't have it in. Thus, there is no way to AFK macro.

Thanks for the info Loralor. I'll add the CoH and the Essence to the top.
  3. ARCHIVED-Twsly76 Guest

These are all great, But the one I use the most isn't here. I know I am only 28 and still learning but for somebody that doesn't know this might help. Only problem with this I will point out... Don't keep pressing it after your attacking the first target. Main Tanks Like to switch targets half way threw the batter to control Aggro

/assit ( Name of Main Tank )
    /Pet Attack %T

LOL Apparently you can't leave off the IT on Assit its a bad word but in game you can
    Message Edited by Twsly76 on 05-24-2006 10:50 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

and also

/telltarget Calling you here , don't attack anything

Works...
  5. ARCHIVED-Amocus Guest

How do you enter any of the macro's that have an apostrophe in it so they work.

For example, I am trying to write a macro that will summon my tank pet and give him a couple of basic buffs

/usea tellurian myrmadon
    /use a Conjuror's signet
    /usa Minion's STance: Volatile Haven

I can't get the signet for Haven to load. It tells me it can't find the spells.

thanks
  6. ARCHIVED-jthunt Guest

Not sure about how to get Volatile Haven into a macro button.

But I do know you can't have 3 spells in one macro and expect them all to go off. You can only do 2. One that will cast right away and one to queue up as the next spell to be cast.
  7. ARCHIVED-Thocar Guest

Yes. 3+ spells won't work. Only 2.
    If you look at my macro list above, you'll see how to call the pet stance spells. At 70, you don't need the "Minion's Stance" part. I'm not sure about the lower level versions, but I assume it's the same.
    Also, you have some mis-typed stuff in your post Kyricus. The first line is cool, but the last 2 won't work as you have them typed. /use a spell.... won't work. Also, /usa isn't a command either. (This is besides the 3 spell problem you'll have, even if you type these in correctly)
  8. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

That's because in essence, macros will immediately casts both spells. And since EQ2 allows you to have one queued spell in addition to the one being casted, hence the limit of two.

Therefore, one thing to keep in mind: if you are in the middle of casting a spell (for example, summoning your pet), you can't queue BOTH spells from a macro (a pet buff macro that has stance and signet, for example) at once. You have to wait until your current spell is done casting, or else only the first spell in the macro will be cast. I discovered this with my scout that had two backstab CA in a macro - if I were still in the middle of debuffing/stunning, I can't queue both macroed CA at once, but have to wait until the current debuff CA is done.

The master strikes are somewhat different there, since strikes that can't be cast on the current target don't count as an executed strike, therefore the next one is also checked. That's how we can have 6 strikes in a macro, and still have the right one process.
  9. ARCHIVED-Bheema Guest

Excellent candidate for sticky.

Many many thanks to OP for posting macros. Will make my life easier :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Shadus Guest

The master strike can also be done this way... (Shamelessly stolen from the defiler boards.)

: ; usea Djinn Master's Smite ; usea Giant Master's Smite ; usea Droag Master's Smite: ; usea Elemental Master's Smite ; usea Ghost Master's Smite: ; usea Golem Master's Smite ; usea Orc Master's Smite
  11. ARCHIVED-Thmy Guest

you migh play around with the NEW command %C

/say I have a ( %C )

the item under you pointer say a spell buff or a dot will be reported
    beats just telling the healer I am stuned or dotted.
    must be other uses we can come up with.
  12. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

By the time you mouse over each and every icon to figure out which one is actually a problem the problem will be gone. Further, as a Conjuror, you are so far down the healers list of "fix this now" that you're really wasting your time telling a healer you are stunned or whatever.

The new %c is the most useless thing I've seen coded in quite some time unfortunately.
  13. ARCHIVED-Thocar Guest

I always thought you could only do 2 commands per line. If what Shadus is talking about works, I'll make note of it above. It's not that I don't trust you... well... I just need to verify for my own peace of mind.
  14. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

I think the 2 that is sticking in your head is the no more than 2 abilities per macro. Commands are fine, but because we lack a /pause there is a most unfortunate limit of only 2 abilities per macro.
  15. ARCHIVED-Shadus Guest

I've been using it for >10 levels... works great. No, you're thinking of something else. There is a limit to line length (thus the reason the script is broken into 3 lines and not just one) and its almost impossible to stick more than 2 abilities in a single macro because there is no way to pause the execution between macro items. C&P it into a macro, it works fine... you even get the message in the "system" window that says that you can't use it on mobs of this type for each of the types it can't be used on (Eg: You target a Carn Plant, you'll get the message one for each one you have setup.) My only problem with it and really all macros in eq2 is there's no good way to make the icon "refresh" when the ability is ready to use again. I'd be thrilled if i could just do a /refresh 60 at the end of the macro and it would work like any of my normal abilties on the hotbar :(
  16. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

On the Mastery Strike macro, the easiest way to judge the timer is to just put any of the Mastery strikes on one of your hotkeys. Once you use any of your strikes successfully, they ALL gray out until the recast is up.
  17. ARCHIVED-Thmy Guest

Good point : I have one spell casting bar that has the only function of being (idiot-lights) for spells that are in macro keys.

For items like:
    -----------------------
    CoTH
    mana shards
    (pet names ) main pet now as Swarm pets are no longer namable -
    Master strike
    killing pet for group power
  18. ARCHIVED-GoatSlave Guest

Here is my question.

Is there a way to automatically target a Conji's pet and then cast TWO spells.

For example using

/target_group_member 0
    /: ; usea XXXX ; usea XXX

Works like a charm...however there seems to be no way to use this if lets say the pet's or party member's name was Booboo

/target Booboo
    /: ; usea XXXX ; usea XXX

Because only 1 spell is cast not 2 although targetting seem to work...just refuses to cast 2 spells...any workarounds?

Thanks
  19. ARCHIVED-CacheRAM Guest

IIRC, you can :
    /target_none clears all targets/target_group_member 3 targets the Conjurer
    /target_group_member 3 targets the Conjurer's pet
    /: ; usea Spell One ; usea Spell Two
    I am not sure how to make more than one of the /target commands work on one line, but a workaround is to create a new text file in your EQ2 folder. For instance, I play a Conjurer, and I have a file in my EQ2 directiry called PetAttack.txt. Contents of the file:
    pet backoff
    pet preserve_self
    pet preserve_master
    pet attack
    target_none
    target_pet
    autoattack 1
    Notice there are no slashes or anything else in the txt file
    You could make several textfiles - one for each group member number - and either make 5 macros (you are always F1, or the first player - regardless of when you join the group), or modify one macro based on where the Conj. is in your group.
    Example of a file, let's say Conj3.txt:
    target_none
    target_group_member 3
    target_group_member 3
    Then the macro would read :
    /do_file_commands Conj3.txt
    For that matter, you could also make 5 text files to target a Main Tank - and since you would not need to target the tank's pet, the file would be:
    Tank2.txt
    target_none
    target_group_member 2
    Then the macro would read :
    /do_file_commands Tank2.txt
    Hope this helps -- I have also run into issues when making macros. I wanted to make a macro that informed the group what I was sending the pet after, and ask them to assist / heal the pet. Couldn't make it work, not with any syntax of punctuation, not with /do_file_commands :(
    (i have a MOB targeted - this is for when my Pet is a cheap Tank for a group)

/gsay INC! %t !! (should give name of MOB - as in INC! a moat rat !! )/: ; pet attack ; target_none ; target_pet (this part still works - pet attacks, and my target switches to my pet - so far so good)/gsay Please target %t and assist or heal !! (this part fails - the %t still returns 'a moat rat' instead of my Pet's name)

Best of luck!
  20. ARCHIVED-GoatSlave Guest

Holy crapster it WORKS! THANK you so much for ansering my question and writing even more. This is great! I can finally target the pet and cast 2 spells! You rock!