The Conjuror Guide to Macros and / Commands

Discussion in 'Conjuror' started by ARCHIVED-Thocar, Apr 12, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Thocar Guest

The Conjuror Guide to Macros and / Commands

This guide is set up with spells in the 60th-70th level tier. Conjuror spells are in a 14 level range tier setup.
    So, with a little research, you should be able to adjust this to spells appropriate to your level.
    Check out here: EQ Summoners Conjuror Spell List
    Want more information about the slash commands used in EQ2: EQ2 Slash Commands
    Here is a link to general macro tips and stuff: Macroing in EQ2
    Also, read the Conjuror FAQ. (Always read the FAQ)

Pet Attack
    This macro will cause your pet to attack, and toggle its auto-defense flags to "on."
    (I'd like to give credit to who/where I first saw this idea... but I can't remember. Sorry)
    The /pet preserve_xxx only toggles. There is no way to set it on or off specifically. So, /pet backoff always turns them off. This followed by a toggle will always turn it on.
    /pet backoff
    : ; pet preserve_self ; pet preserve_master
    /pet attack

Self Buff Hotkey
    This macro is simply used to keep key clicking down to a minimum when you cough...die.
    (It's important to note that you can only have two spells in a single macro.)
    /useability Escutcheon
    /useability Geotic Seal

Pet Defensive Buff
    This macro will set your new pet up with a Defensive buff set.
    /useability Temporal Haven
    /useability Conjuror's Brand

Pet Offensive Buff
    This macro will set your new pet up with an offensive buff set.
    /useability Exasperate
    /useability Conjuror's Brand

Dumbfire Pet (Fire-Based) with name
    This macro will cast your fire-based dumbfire pet, and name it.
    Note that you can't tell when the recast duration cycles when used in a macro. Place this spell on a toolbar somewhere so you can watch the recast duration.
    (It's all about flare ya know.)
    /petname Nuke
    /useability Pyromancy

Dumbfire Pet (Water-Based) with name
    This macro will cast your water-based dumbfire pet, and name it.
    Note that you can't tell when the recast duration cycles when used in a macro. Place this spell on a toolbar somewhere so you can watch the recast duration.
    (Again, you don't want all your pets named the same, do ya?)
    /petname Landsquid
    /useability Aqueous Horde

Summon Fire Pet with name
    This macro will cast your fire pet, and name it.
    /petname Flame
    /useability Igneous Savant

Summon Air Pet with name
    /petname WhirlingBlades'oDeath
    /useability Aery Hunter

Summon Earth Pet with name
    /petname Poppy
    /useability Tellurian Champion

Call of the Hero
    This macro will cast CoH on the target and provide some nice notifications.
    Thanks to Loralor for this one.
    /useability Call of the Hero
    /t %t Call of the Hero on you. Press Yes when prompted. Also, please don't attack anything.
    /r Casting Call of the Hero on %t.
    /g Casting Call of the Hero on %t.

Scitilla of Essence
    This macro will cast Scitilla of Essence and provide a nice notification.
    Thanks to Loralor for this one.
    /useability Scitilla of Essence
    /t %t You now have a ModRod in your inventory.

Mastery Strike All-In-One
    Many thanks to Bellandra for submitting this.
    This macro will cast ALL mastery on the target mob. All will fail until the appropriate one works.
    You will get the following error for each fail:
    This attack cannot be used on this type of creature.
    Create the following file: C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest II\MasteryStrike.txt
    This file should contain the following commands: (Change the names of the mastery strikes as appropriate for you.)
    useability skeleton master's strike
    useability gnoll master's strike
    useability giant master's strike
    useability goblin master's strike
    useability lizardman master's strike
    useability djinn master's strike
    useability droag master's strike
    In order to cast these spells in game, use the following command:
    /do_file_commands MasteryStrike.txt
    Additional Tip:
    Place one of the matery spells on a toolbar somewhere. This will allow you to see when the reuse cycles on your mastery spell set.
    A fourth toolbar used to watch macro spell cycle durations is one idea.

Message Edited by Thocar on 05-15-2006 08:14 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Thocar Guest

Is there any desire to make this a sticky for future reference?
    There are questions about this topic from time to time. I also find myself searching the world for macro answers. So, I'd like to help we conjurors out.
    Also, any corrections/suggestions would be awesome!
  3. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Fabulous! This is exactly what I was hoping for! My thanks.

(And yes, it should be stickied!)
  4. ARCHIVED-Mordith Guest

Ok, this finally got me motivated to go home tonight and set up my macros. I have been putting it off far too long.

I vote for a sticky.
  5. ARCHIVED-Truxker Guest

Very nice indeed. But may i suggest, make the dark blue a little brighter color. But yea went ahead and stickied it

Also you can add

Adding multiable commands on a line

/useability Skeleton's Master Strike : ;useability Golem's Masters Strike

Cant remember off the top of my head if that is correct.
    Message Edited by Truxker on 04-12-2006 02:03 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-Thocar Guest

I have a link on there that talks in great detail about macroing and it does mention the multiple commands per line. I'll illustrate this when I add the "mastery spells" macro tonight when I get home. I couldn't remember the spell names off the top of my head.
    I'll change the blue color to something else in a bit.
  7. ARCHIVED-Beldin_ Guest

Tip for Masterystrike macro ... since you can only add max 6 into a macro but have 7 now ...
    create a text file named for example mastery_strike.txt .. content of file :
    useability skeleton master's strike
    useability gnoll master's strike
    useability giant master's strike
    useability goblin master's strike
    useability lizardman master's strike
    useability djinn master's strike
    useability aviak master's strike
    or whatever masterys you have .. then make a macro like this :
    /do_file_commands mastery_strike.txt
    nice side effekt is also you can use it with your twinks .. as long as they are no fighter classes ;)
  8. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

Is there a specific directory you need to save the .txt file in. I definitely would like to set up a macro for the mastery strikes.
  9. ARCHIVED-Thocar Guest

Put the file in your c:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest II directory. I'll put this info up top tomorrow. Thanks for the great tip on this file casting thing Bellandra.
    Message Edited by Thocar on 04-13-2006 12:12 AM
    Message Edited by Thocar on 04-13-2006 12:12 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

Just out of interest could you use the text file type to run a buff macro for more than two or would the queue system still get in the way?

The below is what i have for macros currently but if i could put 4 in one file it would be useful.

def stance
    AA def buff

necro seal line
    rending line

Off stance
    AA def buff

Ive barely played with macros in EQ2 but is there a way to call a macro to run within another macro like there was in SWG?
  11. ARCHIVED-Shakir1065 Guest

TYVM Thocar, this is very usefull :) Will definately be using several of these you have here in the future.

Just as a note, I have my two dots on a hotkey as well doing the /usea <spell> .
    Message Edited by Shakir1065 on 04-13-2006 05:35 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-Calman Guest

The only reason the master strike macro works, is eq2 goes through each strike, till 1 works. with buffs the rule is, you can only cast 2 in a row. since we don't have a pause command thats the way its got to be im afraid.so no way you could make a text file macro to buff or cast more than 2 spells.
  13. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

14. ARCHIVED-The_Itch Guest

Great list, gets a bit boring seeing conj with all there pets named the same.

I use
    /petname ubername
    /usea summon whatever
    /usea relevent stance

in 1 and the pet buffs in another
    Find this is better if resummoning in combat as the stance is prolly the most important of the pet buffs.

Only problems with the macro's, if you change target half way though a macro, the queued action will be canceled, so make sure all the buffs have gone on.

Also, If you cast named fishes (for example) and cast named dumbfire before the fish are done casting, all the pets will use the dumbfire pets name, which is a shame, but not the end of the world.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Good stuff there.

Anyone knows a way to get/use more icons for the macros than the default ones available? Main reason why I'm not going macro-happy is the short list of available icons for the hotbar macros. I'd like to at least have three easily distinguishable icons for the pet name/summon macros. In fact, it would be great if you could use the same icons from the original pet summons for example.

---
    Signature under construction :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Thocar Guest

Added Mastery Strike info to the list above.

The question about the icons is a good one. I'd love that. I have the same issue. I'm out of icons......
  17. ARCHIVED-Crass76 Guest

I've never understood why they only offer a very small subset of all the icons for use with macros. They should really allow you access to every icon in the game for macros, not just the social icons.

Now in a dream world a macro button would also fade out for the duration of the longest /useability that it fires. I doubt it would ever happen, but it would be a nice little feature as well.

Edit - or even a /command that let you set the fade time for a macro button after its hit, like /button_fade 60, where 60 is the number of seconds to fade. You could just match the fade time up with your spell durations. A little more work on the part of the player, but perhaps easier to implement.
    Message Edited by Crass76 on 04-14-2006 12:24 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-Jessyme Guest

Thank you for sharing this Thocar. This will prove very helpful. I tend to die lots in raids and have to recast all the time. Sweet timesaver.
    Xyladosia
  19. ARCHIVED-Megasus Guest

all me dumb but why use macro unless your going to do things while afk because you got a hotkey there and you need to place the macro on the hotkey whats the difference in macro and hotkey nothing in my books but what do i know im just a dumn female
    macro's confuse me a tad if ya cant tell lol i used them in SWG but they was a tad more easily done there i used them for danceing and so forth or casting doc buffs other than that i didnt use them since i didnt go afk for long the danceing it was nearly a must because of the flourishes but even still i had to make a hotkey for it again most of the spells we have and abilities have hotkeys already why complicate it with macros?
  20. ARCHIVED-Loralor Guest

Single button:
    /usea Call of the Hero
    /t %T Call of the Hero on yourself. Press Yes.
    /r Call of the Hero on %T.

Single button:
    /Petname Fiery
    /usea Igneous Magi

Single button:
    /pet attack
    /usea Magic Leash

Single button:
    /usea Scitilla of Essence
    /t %T You now have a ModRod in your inventory

etc. etc. etc... Macroing is not just for AFKers... It is a way to make your life easier when used intelligently. Also a way to save hotkey slots by combining spells that (for example) you always cast one after another.