The Bood Drenched Gi. How to get it.

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Owain, Sep 29, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Owain Guest

Not sure what you mean by 'wear it up', if you mean 'will it work when I level up?' then mine is still good at lvl 45 and has so far managed not to disappear no matter how many times I zone. If you mean 'will it disppear when I come up from the caverns after having attuned/worn it?' I couldn't really say as the Gi I've been wearing was bought from the broker a while ago and may well have been looted before LU#13 -
    which as Bones pointed out, seems to have caused this item to become horribly bugge(re)d.
  2. ARCHIVED-Balmore Guest

Cool, Thank you for the awesome amount of information!

I really appreciate your help!
  3. ARCHIVED-Owain Guest

No worries. It's nice to be able to post something informative. Usually I just shoot my mouth.
  4. ARCHIVED-Balmore Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Ribbitz Guest

Are there any Gis that are reasonable to get at level 51 without an x4 raid that actually have better stats than T5 Legendary tunic? I mean seriously, from what I've seen of the Blood Gi it's way outdone by an Augmented Tunic or a Scaled Tunic for that matter. Anything that seems to beat out the Blood Gi seems to be fabled from X4 raids, and while my guild is just to the point of x4 raids they arnt happening frequent enough for me to feel like I have any decent chance at a rare fabled drop from an x4 raid zone. The targets that seem like they have it on their loot table seem to be a) rare drops and b) no interest in the targets or zones, such as Splitpaw Raid zone.

Bleh, we need a compiled guide to all the Gis in the game. The mob that drops it, the zone, the access required, the level of the mob, the stats on the Gis, and the rarity of the drop.
  6. ARCHIVED-bonesbro Guest

The Rujarkian Gi has comparable stats. Slightly higher mitigation, and the 9 agi/str is very close to the 8/12 on the Imbued Augmented. It's not as good as a Scaled tunic, but I'm enjoying looking like a brawler again, not a druid.
  7. ARCHIVED-bonesbro Guest

Yup! I call it deathtouch, which pisses off most classes - except when there's an assassin in the group, where I'll call it assassinate.
  8. ARCHIVED-Icewolf99 Guest

46 monk here, I can't solo those guys, they nuke me for 460 damage over and over and using all my stuns I still can't stop them long eough to kill them... any hints or tactics you guys are using ?
  9. ARCHIVED-Owain Guest

What I do is get all buffed up, perhaps with a resist posion or magic potion if I've got some spare cash, then tear into the minions, trying to mez/stifle or stun the named on the way in. I beat down as many as I can - just damage, no fearing/stifling, stunning or any of that fancy stuff - before my health looks iffy then I run, FD and recharge. If you're quick you can get rid of the minions and take on the names before the encounters reset. Unlike the minions though, I use as many stuns and fears as possible when fighting the names and never fight'em 'til their mates are dead - 'cause their nukes are indeed pretty nasty.
  10. ARCHIVED-Ribbitz Guest

Since when can a monk fear and mezmorize?

lol.
  11. ARCHIVED-Owain Guest

I put a '/' between mez and stifle to indicate their equivalence. Put simply, playing as a Bruiser I would use mesmerise, whereas playing my Monk I would use the equivalent line - which is stifle.
    See?

Message Edited by annaspider on 10-03-2005 08:41 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-Balmore Guest

Annaspider,

I got one. Attuned it. Put it on myself. But ... :-(

The bug ... no-zone took it away! :-(

It's not funny at all! I hope they fix it soon!

I want my Gi back! :-(
  13. ARCHIVED-Owain Guest

Pisser, innit?
  14. ARCHIVED-RyanTSi Guest

what is the highest level you can be before the names grey out? im just a little confused i see on the first post it says optimum level is 45 and someone said they tried it when they were 46....i always thaught it was 40.... does anyone know definatly the highest level you can be and they'll still be green?
  15. ARCHIVED-Owain Guest

Two of the three named vampires (Rhayn T'Dax and Dvith N'Zur) are 35, the other (Nilith T'Feyd) is 36.
    Since the combat revamp, the level at which mobs will continue to con green has been increased to 10 levels below.

You could go in at 46 and just attack the level 36 name - it was he, in fact, who dropped the Gi for me - but the optimum level might stilll be 45 when you have a choice of three possibles each time you try.
  16. ARCHIVED-RyanTSi Guest

ahh ok thanks for clearing that up
  17. ARCHIVED-Balmore Guest

So, I contacted a GM to return the missing Gi to me. The GM was kind enough to do that. Yay!

BUT... bad news inc...

By the time I logged in, it was gone again!

I hate it, I hope devs are looking into fixing this bug.

Armor with 'no-zone' tag on it? That's just wrong!

Folks, please /bug this!
  18. ARCHIVED-Owain Guest

Yup - this is the most desirable non-fabled Monk/Bruiser item, it works great (I'm still wearing it at 46 even though the pristine imbued augmented has its advantages) and if you go through the (many, many) hoops to get one you can make a sh*tload of cash.
    If the 'no zone' tag had been slapped on all iron cestii, for example, I'm sure we could all live with that. But on this godly piece of kit? Uh uh.
    After hearing of your -partial- success, I'm going to try and get a GM to give me mine back. If it disappears again, well at least that's one more person aware of the problem - and I strongly suggest anyone who wants one puts a /bump on Bones' thread on the Items board.
  19. ARCHIVED-Balmore Guest

Devs are looking into it. Yay!

I will petition after they fix it. :)
  20. ARCHIVED-Owain Guest

Got a message from GM Emwor today saying I should check my inventory . I'm guessing that that's in case I don't know what the Gi looks like or have imagined the whole thing. Unbelieveable. Of course I'd appraised him that there were numerous posts regarding the Disappearing Gi, but clearly reading any of them was beyond the purview of customer service.

Having decided he'd solved everything he* informed me that he was closing the CS ticket. By the way, as I was trying to have another crack at explaining this mind-bogglingly simple problem I found that you can't post CS tickets at the moment. Genius.

How, exactly, does one get a job in SoE's... ahem... 'customer service'? To paraphrase Jerry Seinfeld, I think all you need is a name.

I don't know what they're paying these monkeys, but if it's anything more than nothing, something's going on.

* Could have been a she. Not all cretins are male.
    Message Edited by annaspider on 10-05-2005 10:09 PM