The Bood Drenched Gi. How to get it.

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Owain, Sep 29, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Owain Guest

There seems to be a lot of interest in Gis at the moment, so I thought I'd post how to get the level 30+ Blood Drenched Gi.
    (Note: it is NOT "Gi's". No apostrophe. I know it looks weird, but that's just the way it is, ok?)

The full post is in the Bruiser section. It's a bit of a mess as I was writng it whilst doing the quest, though I believe Ganjookie has already linked it in another thread on this very board.

Anyway, here is the skinny:

1) It definitely drops from either Rhayne T'Dax or Nilth T'Feyd (the first two of the named vampires in the first instance of The Mysterious Artifacts quest in the Tombs of Night).

2) You can get it soloing, or grouping, and you can even get a spare for Sunday best if you already have one.

3) The optimum level is 45 as most of the rest of the zone is greyed out and you can zip through to the named vampires without having to piss about. The nameds are levels 35 and 36, so this is as easy as they get before they grey out too. As long as the vampires con green you will eventually get a drop. If you're too high mentor someone. It will be fine.

4) It may take a very, very long time to get a drop. Do not be discouraged by the deluge of teeth. If you kill both vampires and you get nothing, zone out and in 'til you do.

There it is. The fruits of three very long and very dull days. I only wish someone had told me all this when I was your age etc etc.

Note - The Gi may very well drop from the named vampires further in but if you want it ASAP don't bother looking.

EDIT - THE C*NTING THING DISAPPEARED FROM MY INVENTORY WHEN I ZONED OUT. OBVIOUSLY YOU CAN'T HAVE TWO AT ONCE. BE WARNED.
    F*CKING BOLLOCKS TO SOE.
    Message Edited by annaspider on 09-30-2005 02:51 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Detka Guest

This Item has a No-Zone tag on it now. Tryed to toss it in the bank and as soon as you zone it is back in your inventory.

Detka
  3. ARCHIVED-Owain Guest

Can someone explain why they would design it this way? It's not like getting this Gi is easy to start with. How many Brawlers are there? Quite a lot. What percentage have actually found this armour through their own efforts? I'd hazard a guess at just a tad over, oh, f*ck-all.
    Making it 'No Zone' is really taking the piss, especially as there is no warning or information available to tell you that the item you spent all that time and effort - and money - on will disappear for no good reason. And what the f*ck IS 'No Zone' by the way, and where is the explanation for the purpose of this tag?

Clearly the item can be zoned out without wearing it otherwise it wouldn't be available on the broker once every 7 months. But why put yet another hurdle in the way of fun gameplay? Is the game better and are the players happier that it's so inexplicably difficult to get this item? What's the worst case scenario? That Brawlers might have a decent chance at wearing armour they actually want?
    That acquiring the Gi should require time and effort is perfectly understandable, but there is a point beyond which the sense of achievement at surmounting the challenges SoE throws our way becomes a sense of bewilderment as to why things have to be quite this bloody complicated.
    Not a happy boy.
  4. ARCHIVED-JudyJudy Guest

Well, regardless of how they managed to fubar a great Gi - You're post completely rocks. Thanks for the information, Anna!
    (I've been after this Gi for.... well, forever!) :smileyhappy:
  5. ARCHIVED-bonesbro Guest

Can you please screenshot and post the new bugged gi? And /bug it as well?
  6. ARCHIVED-Detka Guest

I will give it a go when I get home tonight.

I am sorry and didn't mean for my statement to sound negative about getting the Gi, just thought I would mention it and never thought about it as being a possible bug.

Annaspider, Great post and thank you.

Detka
  7. ARCHIVED-Owain Guest

8. ARCHIVED-x0rtrunks Guest

I'm confused by what the no-zone tag actually does.... Does it mean you can only wear it inside the zone in which you got it? Or that it unequips when you zone... or what's teh point of the no-zone tag at all?
  9. ARCHIVED-ganjookie Guest

Nice work Anna! thanks

(although I was lucky to get this from a friend at 24)
  10. ARCHIVED-Owain Guest

I must confess I'm a little mystified by this whole 'No Zone' thing as well. What I CAN tell you is that if you equip and attune a Gi you've bought from the broker, it acts just like normal items and stays where it bloody well should. I can also tell you that if you're already wearing one and have just managed to get another to drop, when you zone out the unattuned, unworn Gi will be nothing more than a fond memory. Don't ask me why - I've only just reached the mental equilibrium where I can even tell you this without having to periodically leave the keyboard to assault innocent passers-by and bite the heads off local fauna.
  11. ARCHIVED-bonesbro Guest

I posted a thread on the Items & Equipment forum linking here. The item devs generally read there and will hopefully fix this soon.
  12. ARCHIVED-Owain Guest

Bones for President!
  13. ARCHIVED-zaboron Guest

wow. just wow.
  14. ARCHIVED-the_Lawbringer Guest

Please forgive my ignorance, but I just recently purchased the adventure pack and really haven't gotten far into it as I've been playing around in DOF instead. As I understand it, the Tombs of Night pack is kind of linear in it's storyline/quests, meaning I probably have to do a few other things first before I can get to the named vampires no?
  15. ARCHIVED-Balmore Guest

We have been farming Rhayne T'Dax in ToN: Retribution. But no luck, he dropped adept 1s lv. 30 ones.

I wonder if the instance does matter.

Or shall we keep farming him for that?

Thank you for the valuable information!

EDIT: We trio'ing that thing at 34. So the fight is really exciting.

Monk + Fury + Ranger
    Message Edited by Balmore on 10-01-2005 09:20 AM
  16. ARCHIVED-Owain Guest

Yes. The key thing to remember when playing the Bloodlines expansion is that it's cack. This means that the quests are extremely dull and long and awful, and that the mobs are bemusingly overpowered. In fact, off the top of my head I can't think of any mobs that are as under-conned, pound for pound, as the named vampires in the Tombs of Night. These chaps have plenty of hitpoints, can melee like b*stards, and throw out all manner of nasty AoEs and DoTS from a seemingly limitless power pool.
    The ultimate reward for completeing the storyline is nominally an ability to assume the form of a vampire (without any of their powers, unfortunately) and 'Corpsecrush', a very powerful vampire-specific attack which, for reasons best known to the designers, is attained at precisely the point where you don't have to kill vampires any more.
    However, the real best reasons for doing this storyline as a Brawler subclass are the Blood Drenched Gi - which is a great chest piece with very good melee stats and, more importantly, an unusual graphic - and 'Devastation Fist' which, in my opinion at least, is the very useful ability to one-shot all sub-50 non-heroic/epic mobs. It stuns you for a few seconds after you cast it, but it's still worth all the hassle even if just for its ability to piss off other classes. Both of these are available without having to finish the storyline, and unless you really want that natty 'Vampire Hunter' tag I would just stop there.
    To get to the named vampires you need to complete the D'Morte Burial Chambers in SE Nek Forest (which will take no time for a decent party or a 40+ soloer), then go up to Timber Falls and talk to either the 'good' or 'evil' quest-givers who lounge around near the waterfall. The quests are all covered at OGaming, http://eq2.ogaming.com/db/search/quests_results.php?zone_name=Tombs of Night: A Search for Answers, but basically, you need to clear a couple of missions in the caverns behind the falls before vampires appear.
    Message Edited by annaspider on 10-01-2005 09:55 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-Owain Guest

"Retribution" is the right instance for the Gi - but if you've completed the "Mysterious Artifacts" quest it may have some bearing on whether this item drops or not. I took care NOT to finish the quest before finding the Gi, just in case - but I can't say definitely whether this is a factor.

What I can say is that I had to kill a lot of Rhaynes and Nilths before I got my drop. But it did drop eventually. The only problem, as I believe I may have mentioned, is that the Gi tends to disappear immediately on leaving this zone. It's possible you might consider this an amusing and wacky bit of coding fun - but personally I didn't care for it one whole f*ck of a lot.

Message Edited by annaspider on 10-01-2005 10:00 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-bonesbro Guest

The level 50 restriction has been removed. It will work on any non-heroic mob. If it lands (and kills them) you are stifled for 11 seconds afterward. Of course, because it's just a normal melee attack, it can miss or be parried, so against an orange or higher mob it's definitely not a guaranteed kill. It has a 5 minute reuse timer.
  19. ARCHIVED-Owain Guest

Uh huh - but does it still piss off other classes?
  20. ARCHIVED-Balmore Guest

Thank you Annaspider!

One more question about the no-zone, what if I attune it then wear it up? Does it go away?

Thanks again!