The blackhole void between level 17-20.

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Cusashorn, Mar 30, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I decided to start playing my wizard a little more and started tradeskilling to turn him into a sage to help with is own spells.
    It was a drag just getting to level 10, but once I turned into a scholar I went over to New Halas and did the questline there.
    The questline got me to level 17, and that was partially with the help of having to retry to make some of the combines because I couldn't keep durability up enough to get it.

So now I'm at level 17 with no more quests to help me get to 20.. I just have to grind these three levels out by making items that no longer give XP bonuses to help.

...please tell me I don't have to go through such a hell. There's gotta be another way to get to 20 just so I can start advancing with Tradeskill writs.
  2. ARCHIVED-GussJr Guest

Um, only thing I can say is pop a pot and grind it out. It is only 3 levels and really should take just about 45 min if you know how to counter events...And really, it is only 2 levels because once you reach 19 you can go talk to the Tradeskill person and get a free ding to level 20.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Didn't we just have this thread?

• Duggin's Hungry Halfling quests give TS XP
    • Qho's Gathering Obsession quests give TS XP
    • City Fest harvesting and crafting quests give TS XP
  4. ARCHIVED-GussJr Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    Yes, we did. That's exactly the first thing that popped into my mind...
  5. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

This is copied and pasted from a reply I made in the other thread, but, since it's the same topic and relevant here too, here it is:
    I just did this again tonight for my new armorer and thought I'd take notes. I had vitality since I'd rolled the toon 2 days ago but hadn't started her on the quests yet. I have 7 level 90 crafters on my account so I was getting 140% veteran bonus, plus the vitality. I ended the quest chain at level 17 with 82.2% experience at 11:41pm pst. I went straight and bought my outfitter's essentials books and went to the forge. I chose an even combine which was Iron Vanguard Cuirass.

1.) 82.2% to 0.5% into level 18
    2.) 0.5% to 15.8%
    3.) 15.8% to 31.1%
    At this point I switched off the Iron Vanguard Cuirass because I finally noticed it was blue not white since I'd dinged, so I switched to Iron Reverant Coat.
    4.) 31.1% to 48.4%
    5.) 48.4% to 65.8%
    6.) 65.8% to 83.2%
    7.) 83.2% to 0.5% into 19.
    I talked to the trainer and dinged 20 at 11:56pm pst, 15 minutes after I'd turned in my last quest to Tami.
  6. ARCHIVED-Crickett Guest

GussJr wrote:
    If you are unwilling to make a few level 16 and 17 items to "grind" to 20 in your chosen profession....
    Do an additional crafting line in TD or GF (etc) or the two parts of Qho's quest available to you....
    If you are unwilling to do a grey quest too I really am at a loss......again :)
    I am trying to understand why these posts recur, to choose a crafting profession but wanting to "quest craft" to 90 (or 20 in this case) without crafting, I just do not "get it".
    Appologies if I bent your nose, I simply do not understand.
  7. ARCHIVED-GussJr Guest

Crickett wrote:
    Why did you quote me? LOL I'm not the OP.
  8. ARCHIVED-LaurnaRose Fauldorn Guest

GussJr wrote:
    Probably to emphisize these points that this was just covered in a lengthy argument not a few days ago ... not to say that the quoted posts were redundant, just the question that these posts answered. Or at least that would be my guess.
  9. ARCHIVED-GussJr Guest

Anobabylon@Oasis wrote:
    my bad.
  10. ARCHIVED-yohann koldheart Guest

pop a pot and do rush writs, should only take 4 or 5 writs to level if you got a pot up at that level.
  11. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Scanki@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    There are no rush writs before 20, but level before 20 also does not take very long even when you've done the crafter questline. There're the other quests you can do listed above and taking the highest level item you can make nets a decent amount of xp per combine.

Further to the OP, doing the newbie crafter questline that results in the artisan tunic quickly gets you from 0-10. I do not understand the drag you had in those levels. Especially if you have a higher level character that can fast harvest up some raws from tier 1 & then 2.
  12. ARCHIVED-Elifin Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    With how tradeskilling was changed with the introduction of DoV (no bonus xp for pristine) either more quests should be added or writs should be made available from level 10.
    Getting to 20 used to take an hour max, now it's a drawn out button pressing boredom fest.
    I've just swapped to leveling my carp instead of my lvl 16 WW she's 48 ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

It took me exactly 15 minutes and 7 crafted items after the last quest in the chain before I dinged 20. I'm not sure how this is a "grind". /boggle
  14. ARCHIVED-Elifin Guest

Senya wrote:
    You must have more capped crafters than I do.
    I was only getting 3% per recipe. I'll probably have more fun with my carp anyway.
  15. ARCHIVED-Crickett Guest

GussJr wrote:
    Hehe, yep, that was why, thank you Anobabylon. Sorry for being cryptic Gussjr.
    As stated though "
    "I am trying to understand why these posts recur, to choose a crafting profession but only wanting to "quest-craft" to 90 (or 20 in this case) without crafting any other items,..... I just do not "get it". There are no tiers that I am aware of that allow you to "quest-craft" the entire tier, except MAYBE 1-9.
    Appologies if I bent your nose, I simply do not understand."
    Not only did I have to walk to school and home again, but it was uphill in both directions, it was always snowing and I also had to make my own ink ;)
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I wasn't aware that Qho offered tradeskill quests to level 50 adventurers and level 17 tradeskillers. Thanks.
  17. ARCHIVED-Elifin Guest

Crickett wrote:
    But you can quest/craft the whole tier now from 20-90, it's sooooo fast with writs. No complaints for those levels.
    Wow lol sounds like my trip home from work, but I also have no shoes. ;)
  18. ARCHIVED-Crickett Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Welcome, I'm not sure if it will bump you three levels though. I believe Qho's requirement is level 5 adventurer, then it goes by TS level.
    1-9, 10-19 etc and there may NOT always be a feather on him, but click on him to be sure.
    As a 50 adventurer though, the quest "golden acorn" comes to mind. Eq2traders has a full list of all full and part TS quests. G'luck and have fun Cusahorn.
    Personally speaking, if you'll pardon me, I hated even trying writs pre-80 as they seemed too time consuming, monotonous and plain old yukky. That being said, I do have a 90 or three and 16000+ SP for 3 minutes work is still too boring for me.
    I'm learning too, about the new changes with pristine and such...'long as I don't have to make ink or anything, I'm happy.
  19. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

The New Halas quest line + T1 to T2 Harvesting Obsession easily gets you to 18 if you have the 110% potion buffs and some vet bonus/vitality. I didn't have to grind craft once going from 10-18.
  20. ARCHIVED-SirDinadan Guest

Senya wrote:
    Hey.. just because this particular 'blackhole void' is the equivalent of one of those singularities created in a nuclear accelerator lab, lasting a few microseconds, and covering such a tiny volume of space that they can't ever seem to get a picture of it without a gaggle of quarks hogging the camera.. doesn't mean it's not a valid black hole!