The 2011 Nights of the Dead MazeMansion

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by ARCHIVED-Jazabelle, Sep 24, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Jazabelle Guest

Minsipone did a lovely Spotlight here. Thanks, Minsipone!
    Jaedrian of PUG TV did a fun walk(run?)through of the maze. Click here to see the video.

It's that time of the year! That time of the year when dead things walk (more often than usual).
    In honor of Anashti Sul, the Goddess who brought undeath to Norrath, Lilith has opened her home to us.
    What does this mean to you?
    It means a maze, of course! A maze, with a riddle at the center. Find the maze, run the maze, answer the riddle, and win prizes!
    So get a head start on Nights of the Dead with the MazeMansion and The Crypt Maze to Anashti Sul!
    This maze was from last year, and so only token prizes will be awarded for completion. The Crypt Maze is this year's maze, with better rewards (although what reward can be better than plain ol' fun?).

There is a place in Gorowyn
    Where spirits dance and vampires spin.
    To Timorous Heights you should go;
    Find Lilith's mansion deep below.
    For Nights of Dead, a prize to win;
    Find the end, or thy life forgo!

Server: Antonia Bayle
    City: Timorous Heights, Gorowyn
    Name: Lilith
    Posted on the leaderboards under the Hall of Fame as "The 2011 NotD MazeMansion."
    [IMG]

Riddlemasters (2011):
    1. Minsipone
    2. Kiosha
    3. Vadra
    4. Kaian
    5. Morgose (Alauria)
    6. Barakahn
    7. Atmu
    8. Lillein
    9. Odirak
    10. Aribellia
    11. Skarthos
    12. Sensqui
    13. Kilyanaa
    14. Splitpaw.Hiso
    15. Naimara
    16. Hisvet
    17. Rrrrazzle
    18. Raenar
    19. Kandiey
    20. Melago
    21. Sylexia
    22. Kahmen
    23. Mebi
    24. Mookachooka
    25. Latiz
    26. Tully
    27. Dayeyes
    28. Oasis.Bearr
    29. Flamesong
    30. Krugus
  2. ARCHIVED-Afista Guest

Such an incredible job on the graveyard, I'm in love with all of the detail there. The maze itself was totally awesome! I finally made it through Thanks Jaz for the fun time!

*edit* I should add that I only made it through after I started to diagram where I'd been on paper LOL Yes, it's that hard :D
  3. ARCHIVED-Amitee Guest

/makes note of address, scribbles on to-do list
    Those pictures drew me in, I have to go see this and sent a link to a friend to see too!
  4. ARCHIVED-Amphibia Guest

One hell of a maze... really, I got lost. Very lost. I'm one of those people who could get lost in a hallway, and I was cruelly reminded of my own brains' very limited capasity in this aspect when entering this place. Curse you, Jazabelle! ;)
    To be frank, this is a real kickass maze. Best one I've seen so far. The whole place is wonderfully creepy, without getting cheesy. Very, very well done. I really enjoyed touring this home.
  5. ARCHIVED-Atmu Guest

/Cries and I am now sitting there lost and lonely on the ceiling and a piano over me ermm under me.... or ?
    greetings Mu!
  6. ARCHIVED-SkyheartSilverwing Guest

7. ARCHIVED-daswai Guest

I really enjoyed myself going through your maze. It took awhile but well worth it :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Jazabelle Guest

Updated the first post with a (really bad) poem, and the Riddlemasters. Keep up the good work guys! There are several people trying to figure out the riddle at the moment, and quite a few more making their way through the maze. Join in the fun!
    I've also published the house (I know, I know. I dislike the leaderboards, but I'll be leaving the house up there until the 31st, for easy travel for people). It's under "Large Homes" as "The NotD Mazemansion: Open through 10/31."
    Edit: Oh yes, and thank you very much for the kind compliments. I'm really glad everyone's enjoyed it so far.
  9. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

Ok I had my turn in the barrel. I can only guess that this must be a really well done maze as I was thoroughly lost for way too long. After I got some hints and made myself larger it was a little easier. I still never found the end. Very nicely done
    Kudos,
    Cloudrat
  10. ARCHIVED-Severai Guest

Wonderful! and so much fun!
    Ingeniously built. I ran though it once "properly" (getting lost en route) and then a second time, making a map (cheating? Nooo! Just being a good rogue!). It's so cleverly put together! Very disorientating ...
    I got the riddle very quickly but it's because it's a style I'm used to ;)
    Thanks so much for building this!
  11. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

Wow, this looks great! I'll be headed out to see this home, pronto.
    Edited many long hours later to say: Jaz, your maze is fantastic, and I have no idea how to find the secret BUT I'm not done looking yet. I was getting a bit dizzy and cross-eye, so I needed to take a break. Someone commented earlier that they can get lost in a hallway. Well, I can lost in a closet, so finding the secret might take me a good long while!
    Incredible job! That maze is a brain-twister.
  12. ARCHIVED-Atmu Guest

Hijas,
    so you hooked me up on that and some other guildies and finally some of us made it some not yet....
    But what I want to say:
    What a clever idea.
    What a great execution.
    So much fun we had.
    So....thank you for doing this and adding some extra fun to the game.
    All can participate, no level restrictions.
    Tradeskill is not requiered.
    Mitigation is not a must.
    U never know what comes next.
    Greetings Mu!
  13. ARCHIVED-Jazabelle Guest

It's been open two weeks, and only ten people have completed both the maze and the riddle! Don't be shy, feel free to send guesses if you aren't quite sure what the answer is.
    I know that at least 15 people have made it to the end of the maze (which means at least 5 of you haven't sent Lilith your guesses yet. Guess, guess!) This doesn't count the number of people who have made it to the end of the maze, but haven't yet sent in their guesses or told me they've made it. You can do it!
    Prizes will only be awarded for another 20 days, so come on down to Lilith's Timorous Heights mansion on Antonia Bayle. Remember, you can also visit by using the Leaderboards. Look for "The NotD Mazemansion: Prizes thru 10/31" under Large Homes (changed the name since I kept getting tells asking why it was only open through the 31st...).
  14. ARCHIVED-rowanC7276 Guest

I just love this house. It makes me really ready and excited for NOTD this year. Great job.
  15. ARCHIVED-Arbreth Guest

My poor Slipps got so very lost and dizzy in there... Of course she will just have to go back and try again!
    Excellent job Jaz! Especially the creepy Freeblood wandering about the cemetary late at night >.>
  16. ARCHIVED-Dawnstrike Guest

First let me say this place is just amazing. I love the colors and the feel that it's a mansion. It reminds me of Nektropus Castle but much more beautiful.
    I thought about doing something like this on my server but after trying three times and even attempting making a map I figure there's no way I could be this creative. I'm officially giving up!!!!! You win Mazemansion!
  17. ARCHIVED-Lady_Ninette Guest

I brought my boyfriend along to visit and we both loved the maze. It is perfectly creepy and it is easy to feel lost and hopeless in there. While my navigation skills are rather lacking I felt I came close to finding a way to the book :) When dungeon builder tool comes out you should give this maze a try in a new context!
  18. ARCHIVED-Afista Guest

Bumping this because it's totally awesome and if anyone hasn't been it's a fun NOTD event :)
  19. ARCHIVED-K'hara Guest

ROFL I clicked on the "house link clicky" and the page I got sent to said

"UNDER CONSTRUCTION...Inserty pithy comment here"

it made me giggle and after the HORRID week I had...was indeed very welcome!!! Lovely work as always on the house :)
  20. ARCHIVED-Farahn Guest

I love this place. Still havent finished it but I'm close.......I can just feel it in my bones.