Terrors of Thalumbra: Deity & Infusion Systems

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

By: Robert "Caith" Fouts

We're getting closer to Terrors of Thalumbra. So far, we've shared two zone previews (Thalumbra and City of Maldura), and we've talked about what's in store for Tradeskillers. Now, here's an introduction to two new systems that will be introduced with the expansion:

Deity Abilities
    Delving into the depths of Norrath has awoken a deeper connection between the gods and the physical realm, allowing them to channel power more directly through their chosen instruments in the form of powerful new miracles. As you gain adventuring experience you will also gain tithe experience, and tithe points. Tithe points can be spent in one of two ways, the first is to purchase charges of these new miracles. You can only have a certain amount of tithe points banked or spent on miracles at any particular time. While you can purchase any abilities that match your city alignment as well as neutral abilities, the ability from your chosen deity from completing the existing deity quest lines grant will be at a discount. For example, if your deity is Tunare you would be able to purchase the Lifeshield ability at a discount. This will allow you to use the ability more often as well as to hold more miracles as it reduces the amount of tithe points spent on that ability. You do not have to have completed any deity quests to make use of deity abilities.

The second way to spend your tithe points is to purchase passive increases to Potency, Crit Bonus, and Stamina. Each of these passive lines costs an increasing amount of points, the more you have the more expensive the next level will be. This means that there will always be a reason to be earning experience, and subsequently tithe points.

The deity window may be accessed through the main EQ2 menu, or via /toggledeity.

[IMG]
    Equipment Infusion

The strange planar energies found throughout Subtunaria have invested the items found therein with latent energies granting them small bonuses to its granted stats when looted, which may be further unlocked to enhance the effectiveness of the item. In this example we have Cinder, newly looted from a chest so that we can see the stat bonuses that have been modified with the default infusion. Note the four grey numbers, which indicate the item’s base stat, with the green or blue higher number immediately following.

[IMG]

Infusion may be accessed by right clicking on an item in your inventory or with the /toggleinfusion. Within the infusion window you have two options on how to infuse the item. The default option is to directly tithe platinum to the gods, enticing them to grant you their favor which can unlock these bonuses, each subsequent infusion attempt will increase the platinum cost. Second is to apply infusers which can be crafted or looted throughout Thalumbra. Purchased infusions work toward one cap on infused bonuses, while crafted and dropped infusers work on an entirely separate cap. Allowing you to maximize the enhancements you receive by pursuing both methods of increasing your items power.

The picture below is using the default platinum tithe to further infuse Cinder. In this case it cost’s 5 platinum to attempt infusion, and it has a 25% chance of successfully infusing a stat bonus.

[IMG]

And here we are using one of the mastercrafted infusers, represented by the purple gemstone icon. You will note that there is no longer a platinum cost and that the chance of success is 100%.

[IMG]

If an item is no longer able to be upgraded by a particular, the chance to succeed will indicate 0%.

Terrors of Thalumbra is now available to pre-order. Pre-ordering the expansion gets you access to Beta, so you can test these systems and provide feedback.
  2. Foretold Well-Known Member

I have so many questions.

If a weapon is infused, will reforging it cause infusions to be lost? What about unattuning said weapon? Or experimenting on it after infusing has taken place?

Will infusing a weapon after it has been experimented on or reforged cause you to lose the experiment gain or reforging changes?

I'd like to know what the proper order is for infusing/experimenting/reforging (all three of which can be huge plat drains) so that none of the gains/changes from these systems are lost.
    Wintir, Kurisutaru and Laiina like this.
  3. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

I have a question. My main has been a follower of Mithaniel Marr so how is this going to affect my favor I already have with Marr? Will this system be retroactive to the blessings I already get through the old Deity system? Is my lil Lion dude gonna go away now?
    Nevermind lol I guess I shouldn't have jumped ahead in the post. Not enough coffee yet this morning I guess.
  4. Caith Developer

No, no, and no. The infused bonuses should stick with the weapon for as long as the weapon exists.

Infusing works off of the items base stats, and reforging and experimentation both stack with infusing.
    Kittybock, Belenos, Wintir and 3 others like this.
  5. Foretold Well-Known Member

Thanks, Caith :D Can't wait for beta!
  6. pzpz Active Member

Interesting stuff, thanks.
  7. Laiina Well-Known Member

Will infused items be tradable or heirloom?
  8. Akina_Storms Active Member

does the equipement or weapon upgrade included in the premium edition have something with infusion?
  9. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

So a good character can use evil deity stuff and vice versa?
    I am thinking that people were expecting to be able to do a second deity line (alter, pet, blessings, etc...).
  10. Zacatl Coatl New Member

Nothing to see here, I make a mistake. Don't remember why I believed Tunare was at war with Solusek Ro :p
  11. Uncle Active Member

will all current gear be infusible or will this only be able to be done only on ToT gear
  12. Feldon Well-Known Member

I wouldn't expect Infusing to change the flags on the item.
  13. Elinea Well-Known Member

So infusing works like Experimenting, but for non-crafted items? Or can crafted and experimented items also be infused?
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

No good characters can only use good or neutral and evil evil or neutral
  15. Akina_Storms Active Member

you have the answer some post earlier... yes infusion can be done on crafted or experimented.
  16. Stabaholic Active Member

What about changing weapon damage type? For example piercing to slashing or slashing to poison? Is that included in this process? We were huge fans of the elemental damage changes to weapons.

Deity window - What is the level cap on the Potency, Crit Bonus, and Stamina?
  17. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

In the current diety system, exiles can worship any god. For the new system, will they be able to get bonuses from any god as well, or will they be limited to the neutral gods?

(Though honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing anyone be able to get bonuses from any god, but they have to pay more to get it from one on the opposite faction. But then, I still want a method whereby players can get faction with any city if they're willing to work hard enough at it, like adding a small amount of city faction to writs. Make a space for true neutrals!)
  18. Elinea Well-Known Member

I somehow missed the post that answered it before I asked, and by the time I saw it, I couldn't edit post anymore.
  19. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see what all is unique to Karana. Hopefully some long-ranged Storm attacks. XD
  20. Anunnaki Active Member

I have so many questions about this, but I'll hold them off since Beta opens tomorrow and I'll play with it then.
    Armageddoux likes this.