Tarinix needs Incentive for PvP - tokens

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by acoloss, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Since there seems to be complaint that people are 'hiding in dungeons' for loot and XP, this seems like a perfect answer. You need pvp tokens to access dungeons or raid zones. As a matter of fact, IMO, this is brilliant.
  2. Daarkstar Active Member

3. trollanfrog Member

PvP gear would be nice, force these people out of raid zones, but I don't think guilds like SS and DH would get out of them, they have large numbers but are very blue players, other people might though
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

Secret Service and likely others too would just exploit the PvP tokens to death.

They can't even leave the simplest, most basic game mechanics (like plat) alone.

I think you can forget all about PvP tokens/gear ever making a comeback on this or any PvP server.
  5. Sunlei Well-Known Member

I had to login because you're totally off base with the whining! comments like this- "Since there seems to be complaint that people are 'hiding in dungeons' for loot and XP"

I have 5 on Taranix...sure just try to level up in regular dungeons on a PVP server....that's where pvp players wait and hunt 'regular levelers' down like a dog. This is part of PVP deal with it.

Earn a coin for better gear!! ?WTF ...omg like the coins and items, usually a rare harvest, a status item & ranking- pvp players loot isn't enough reward.

They got rid of the plat exploiters and did what they could to roll back the damages. I don't think they got all the plat but they did what they could. They aren't my faction but really get off of the SS back or do what we do....when they raid and pull a contested , OMG you can drop them so easy and loot many chests!

I do wish they would extend time a pvp can re-attack the same player to an hour-

start to ban, even give 2 week suspension/warning to any player running an automated program to change broker price, harvest or track. It's a very unfair advantage for a few 'cheaters' to avoid the intended time sink in EQ2.

The devs could easily add some targets only a bot runner would click on and catch them.

6. DefeatedZ Member

There will always be people who find a way to exploit the tokens.... always has been. Just live with it. The more immediate issue is a lot bigger than "one guild exploiting tokens so they out-gear everyone else"
  7. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

If you read what I said.... My comment was in support of getting people out of dungeons and into overland PvP. If players zone out of a dungeon after completing it, they mean to pvp. Those hiding from fights will just Call back to home from inside.

No whining here. We were supporting the concept of pvp'ing in order to be allowed access to dungeons. That increases chances of good fights. Not sure what you were reading.
  8. Sunlei Well-Known Member

I don't want to be locked out of dungeons or instances or forced to pvp. I can hide if I want to :)
  9. Lorielf New Member

Hello everyone!

I agree with the topic authоr. PvP server needs PvP tokens and PvP players need PvP gear.
    At the same time, a solo PvP player should receive more tokens than players in a party.
  10. Tatt New Member

Nope, tokens killed pvp on Naggy, u get the elite in pvp gear and others cant compete with em.
  11. Fulton Active Member

Actually, there were tokens back in EoF if I recall, and the game was still very successful for many xpacs after that. I don't think tokens killed it...
  12. acoloss Active Member

definitely didn't kill it at all..

People won't just log on for raids.. they will find a group to PVP - just like they do for PVE.

PVP Incentive.. PVP progression..
  13. Sunlei Well-Known Member

acoloss, you still think pvp servers needs tokens to buy "pvp armor" as an incentive to pvp?

I don't think people need any more rewards, 'token gear' or incentive except the loot/plats and rankings they get from pvp chests.

Today there are over 1300 lvl 70s on Taranix , can see by the rankings they have hundreds of kills, most unique kills and also lose a lot.. Take a look do you see any who need 'tokens' for incentive?

PULL UP SERVER name Taranix AND lvl 70 here https://u.eq2wire.com/

The broker is overflowing/glutted with armor selling for almost merchant selling price. Lower level can gear up very, very decently just off the broker or armor quests or self crafting if they want to.
  14. Creasote Well-Known Member

Tarimax definitely needs 1) some incentive to be in the open world pvping and 2) a method to get gear equivalent to raid gear from pvping.

The server numbers posted above are bloated from the many bot groups who have infested the server. The bot groups are so brazen they have taken over contested zones at times.

There are only a few actual guilds who are doing the game content and raiding for their gear. The rest of the server is pay to win and selling kronos to buy gear from the bots.
  15. Laij New Member

People don't need incentive to pvp. They need incentive to PvE out in the OPEN WORLD. Thats gearing, itemization etc. Which is currently being trashed by bots and the terrible itemization.
  16. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

nope.
  17. Shnozz New Member

PVP Tokens/Gear will ruin the server. How many times must this be proved over and over again? The issue with PvP high level is the design of the game (instances galore, shared contested content few and far).

There obviously isn't a simple answer. Remove the draw to instances/raiding and you lose out on what a lot of people truly enjoy. But if there aren't contested (non-raid content) BIS butchery items which are obtained from the world with a VERY SLIM CHANCE, then pvp is inorganic and boring.

You need incentives for raiding, because of the nature of the game. But ultra rare, non instanced drops (ie low level butchery items) which are highly sought and BIS promote pve game play and organic pvp.

The pvp server will die with implementation of pvp gear and/or instanced focused gear. Just like it always has.
  18. Nuada Active Member

The server get only many players if any player has that was he want, some want pvp gear other raid gear. im for PVP gear for Tokens only BG has naggy killed sure nothing other, warfield was always full.

give us pvp gear back with ROK like in the old days. Its sure not much work to do.

The Prob is the Raiders want gank all ppls without gear as always. And that destroy the population.

I from Eu, I can't raid in "us" time @2h in the night, and have to go 4h later to the work. Impossible

and im sure not alone with that problem, i know 22 ppls that play that game not because of the late Raiding time for EU Players.

That alone should be reason enough to insert pvp gear.

As an eu player, you feel worse off than, "usa" players in everquest.
    "like a two class society"
  19. Fulton Active Member

Pvp gear isnt the reason the pvp servers died. Servers were fine for years with pvp gear, it was a good way for people that didnt wanna raid to be competitive in pvp. You guys are just looking at it wrong.. all servers are struggling, AB was like detroit, booming and now a ghost town. Its the nature of the beast, games die out, and all mmos seem to have this fate, as all games do. How many years can you run here, kill 10 of these, run here kill 5 of these, and rinse and repeat. Newer games with high graphics, quicker leveling, faster gearing, multi-platforms, and higher populations are where people will flock to. Even the new WoW server is having to decide if they are gonna let the horde factions pvp against each other because nobody is playing the alliance...its all mmo's. As much as i love everquest, its hard to stay motivated doing the same thing over and over for years, especially tle...been there done that. Most games these days are multi platform....and you buy the game and no monthly fees, if you want fluff you can buy that stuff, but they still do updates, fixes, and dlc's which you can usually purchase fairly cheap.

TLDR: The population is the problem not pvp gear. It takes a long time to usually find groups to level and solo questing is pretty boring, especially if you arent a dps class.