Tarinix needs Incentive for PvP - tokens

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by acoloss, Jun 14, 2021.

1. acoloss Active Member

I know this has been discussed and it's a "no no" - but:

The server needs tokens which allow you to buy raid quality gear.
    It's not so much about the gear, but about getting people to pvp..

This incentive has always worked - guilds will make groups to farm players which compounds the goal of more PvP groups.

Without this the server will just be guilds zoning direct to the raid zones. With 1 or 2 (currently 3) PvP guild/groups roaming on rare occasions which rarely meet.
    atm the only people to kill are questers which is not good for them and boring for the pvp'rs.
    With tokens the same thing will happen however there will be much more PvP out.

The gear can even be the same gear as raided gear so new ones don't need to be made.

When everyone has most of the gear and people start to get bored (no need to look for tokens) - release next expansion.

The game for group pvp is as balanced as it's ever been (since i've played for the last 15 years or whatever it is) - melee groups, mage groups, mixed groups, mixed healers, all work and can win. Good job. It's really fun - except for rarely finding a group to pvp with.

Solo balance isn't great, but probably fine for now - wouldn't touch it or will probably break group pvp.. you can always run away.

though would touch one thing that won't screw anything else up - Dirges need love - make their self heals bigger or make them group heals, make root last longer than 2 seconds.. and give more dmg. CoB should last longer..

Thanks.
    lcubanol likes this.
  2. acoloss Active Member

Addition:

only needs to be simple token drops (consensus in discord).

simple gear just like raid gear - not with funny procs (maybe the odd one). but nothing that is mega OP that will break the current balance.
    good nizara or other gear should still mean you have a chance vs full PvP gear.
  3. Renew Member

Too many people cheat with tokens...
    Obano, Arielle Nightshade and Siren like this.
  4. acoloss Active Member

most people won't, and if they do, then ban them if you catch them. Accept player videos as evidence (post on the forums) and give them some tokens for catching them. The community can police it. Little work needed from daybreak.

also only drop tokens if not on recent as in the past.

The solution in the OP is very simple and will work.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

For me the open world battles were fun , I loved being in a big group where strong opponents were less likely to just murder me
    I would level up for that , just don't do the war every 2 hours that's to disruptive for people questing in that area , even with marking yourself for war on a tower , I once got killed 3 times by others as I tried to make my way out of the battle area .
    I like the idea to have a goal for my PvP and those PvP guilds would know where to go for fights .
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

You are describing Battlegrounds, basically.
    Kriptini likes this.
  7. Fulton Active Member

Bring back tokens and writs and add that big dude from beta with all the gear and set token prices(that are reasonable). If u wanna raid and farm for other pieces then go for it. Also add server xp bonus, all see in chat is x looking for grind. I don't wanna grind, I've done the content tons of times, I just wanna pvp. There is hardly any pvp in questing areas as people mostly stick to dungeons for xp. Its summer and people are doing other things. If I could fast track to 70 and get competitive gear without raiding then id prolly play .
    acoloss and Aleda like this.
  8. Kriptini Hard Member

I am firmly against tokens that body drop from PvP and are turned in for gear. That makes PvP inorganic. As Arielle said, what is being described is essentially battlegrounds. I am not interested in EQ2 becoming a game where organized PvP battles occur in the open world as faux-battlegrounds. I am instead interested in creating more contested PvE objectives to facilitate PvP organically.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok ____________________________________________________________________________________________________

if you played at the end of Nagafen we had just that , we had battlegrounds and Battlefields .
    One in the regular servers and you had to mark yourself by touching a tower and it lasted an hour or till one side won .
    and the other one was in instances on a separate server .
    But I guess I am in the minority here of what I think is fun .
    Have finding the opponent out there , maybe you can make a playdate .
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

I honestly doubt that they will put any open world incentives in an attempt to encourage PVP will happen, though its the only valid thing that could be done to create incentive for PVP in general. Its something that should be done before even launching the server. But since this company seems to have suckered the most of us to test their games before they are actually ready for release while we pay them monthly for it, they have no real reason to stop as they already get the money up front. Especially since we keep doing it.

Honestly the real problem here is the culture of players that remain in eq2. about 10% of the players here actually PVP. The rest are questing, or chilling at their home city until raids happen. I have seen it over and over in this game( and have at times been guilty of it as well, since the system incentivizes it anyways). All the hardcore players mostly race to the end, a fraction of them will actually PVP, but the rest sit in Qeynos, haven, or freeport, or just log off.

and most people coming here solo will probably quit fast if they cant find people to run with.

It probably isnt going to change at this point regardless what developers do.
  11. Fulton Active Member

So basically u want contested pve mobs that like 2 guilds will fight over and block everyone else until they get all the gear they need and move on
    acoloss likes this.
  12. acoloss Active Member

So you don't want others to pvp? There are already loads of contested, no one ever fights over them.
  13. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Plus, when you log on to a pvp server, you've indicated that you understand the entire place (with a few exceptions) is somewhere you might get a fight. You don't need specific spots with pre-assigned battles happening. That said, there is some very fun pvp at a PQ or a contested raid mob, but that's not the same thing.
    Siren likes this.
  14. Peak Nagafun

Are people misunderstanding PVP tokens and chest drops?
    Lots of people referencing battlegrounds, warfields, and literally scheduled PVP, when tokens drop from players when killed in PVP combat, similar to the Toe Tags we have now. Nothing scheduled about that.
    Also, token drops and faction PVP gear were something we had on OG Nagafen. Not exactly asking for battlegrounds.
    acoloss likes this.
  15. Joomus New Member

Only worry i have about the PVP gear is what it would do to grouping. I think for the server to keep going you need to balance need for PVE against the drive to PVP. I'm more for the events that force you into the open world instead of PVP tokens and gear.
  16. Obano Well-Known Member

Nothing ever good comes from PvP gear. It all it does is encourage people to farm alts for it. People saying they won't exploit is LOL.

Points are currently shut down server.
    Siren likes this.
  17. Blanket_Bearer New Member

Not necessarily. I heard about a game in the past where, people would fight in the open world to gain control of an objective. If their faction won, then they would gain access to enter a raid or dungeon that had difficulty levels spanning through many, many levels. They would have access to enter for an hour. After that if the other faction won, then if the first faction could stay in until they died, but the catch is that there would be people behind you from the other faction that would want to kill you.

This sort of system would do a lot for EQ2. It would keep the same people from necessarily always being in the battlegrounds, as they may want to go into the raid to gain gear. The 2nd thing it does is keep people in the raid constantly moving if they want want to avoid PVP, to get better drops deeper in the raid. 3rd - It keeps people who want to PVE interested in PVP to gain access to the raid or dungeon.

A whole new raid system or dungeon system would have to be made for this content, but it could be done. It would have to be largely linear or have few branches.
  18. Peak Nagafun

I like the idea of PVPing to unlock temporary buffs or access to a dungeon or whatever, but it seems like the lopsided nature of FP/Q would lead to a bad situation for the lower pop faction.
  19. Sunshimmer New Member

1) I like the idea of non-tradeable tokens to buy good gear (better than mc but not quite raid quality). The tokens cannot drop on a pvp cooldown opponent or someone with revive sickness.

2) Also, if devs announced ahead of time an area where a high-level raid event will occur (say TS) and a time range that the event will occur, it would give non-guilded people time to assemble a raid and guilded people time to get their raid force out. The exact place and time of the event should not be told. Whichever raid group manages to kill the event should get temporary week long buffs. By announcing a zone and an approx. time, people would start pvping just to have a chance at the raid event. These events should happen at least once a week but at varying times and in different zones.

3) I do think if they are going to allow level locking, people should get xp from pvp kills that can't be mitigated by turning off quest/combat xp. This may be already happening (not sure of the current rule set).
  20. DENSER Well-Known Member

"The gear can even be the same gear as raided gear so new ones don't need to be made."

I liked that sentence haha.

For me it all wants We know for a fact that they do what they want, and the minimum. You just have to get down on your knees and say it doesn't take much work. Lol
    If they played their game, it would be a long time since all the ideas set out here on this forum would have been exploited.
    We chew their work, it's free ideas. But clearly you, we are talking in the wind, it will remain a discussion between players with other results than a nice verbal joust
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.