Super boring tank-only raid encounter ...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kalika, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

There are only two tank-swap fights I know of.

The Toxin Twins of Accursed Sanctum, where you have to swap to the archetype they call. The fight is really easy, a 4/4 Arcane Geared Tank can do it and I am not talking just Monks. They have to be kept within I believe 5% of each other so DPS does have to watch what it is doing, if you think healers aren't doing anything well, have them not cure and see what happens.

Caden and Keplin of Guardian's Edifice which is a much more focused fight.

Yes, it is a raid and it already requires everyone to be paying attention. Not every fight can be like Four Soulwell Drinal or Psyllon'Ris or even Djinn Master and Pirate Kings. A fight where one persons mistake wipes the raid. Fights like those take a lot of work to make so not all raids can be like that.
  2. Kalderon Well-Known Member

I like tankswaps, even more, after i didnt have to tank them ^^
    As estred said, there are not that many. But many other scripts and it can be a pain, if you have to relay on everyone in the raid to be 100% accurate ^^
    To come back to the sisters, at least today, you can burn em down and ignore the script as such ^^
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Eh, I guess Rarthek Swiftclaw is a Tank-Swap too but there is much more to that fight than what the OP seems to say so I highly doubt it's him.

Tevekalem is sort of a swap too, I do actually like they are encouraging more than 1 "fulltime MT" in mane encounters.
    Kalderon likes this.
  4. Kalderon Well-Known Member

At least its better then, only to need one tank for the whole raid. Actually i like the new content raidwise. Challenging (to me) but doable, without the need of having tons of dps ^^
    Right about that estred ^^ swiftclaw need swap to, but it keeps be a minor amount of encounter ^^
  5. Ucala Well-Known Member

tank swaps have existed for quite some time.
    3sages, HM Talan could have been. tons of names in SG as well.
    the ghost name in Perah Celsis.
    the list goes on and on
  6. Cisteros Active Member

The actions of everyone do matter. These two are supposed to be kept within a certain health range of each other, so DPS have to be paying attention. This is one encounter in the entire expansion that uses this mechanic. Variety is good. It does not need to be changed because your tanks are bad at it. So as a healer you cannot be the star, the tanks have to be. You'll have plenty of time to shine elsewhere
  7. Cisteros Active Member

And neither of the other two "Tank swap" fights call for a specific tank type, any tank can grab aggro, so the Toxic Twins fight is unique
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

Much before, shard of hate had it.

Anyway it's not the tank swap that i dislike, it's simply that others have almost nothing to do.
    Maintaining the two mob at the same health is very simple.

Fight like venrill satir pre-nerf are certainly not something i want to do everyday
    byt scripts should be such that we all pay attention.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Keep in mind the Toxin Twins are only the 7th boss of AS. The Dev's said that zone was designed for people to gear up in, granted Charms and other Raid-Jewelry Procs need work as most everyone I ever look at is using Heroic over Raid which is not a bad thing, but it's every slot that people are doing it for pretty much.

Healers are important on every fight, they may not have a Curse every fight but they are critical. As I jokingly said, try having your healers not cure anything during Toxin Twins and tell me they "have nothing to do." The DPS-Coordination may be easy but if that aspect wasn't there then a Tank could Temp-through the Swap Failure and speed burn each down. It's a simple script, but it has to be done as it was made.

Many encounters after players Gear Up have a tendency to become burn-fights as DPS rises. Toxin Twins isn't quite that unless you can coordinate a speed-burn which is doable.
  10. Ucala Well-Known Member

this fight is nothing like VS pre nerf
  11. Kalika Well-Known Member

I know that my english is not that good but your understanding neither very good.

My issue is that this encounter is BORING and TRIVIAL for everyone else than the 3 tanks.

I was answering to Estred, who reasonnably said that not all encounters should require
    extreme focus (like VS pre nerf).

There is quite some margin between something totally boring for 19 people (everyone but MA who switch and the 3 tanks)
    and some encounter like VS.
  12. Luhai Active Member

Welcome to the wonderful world of raiding. It's absolutely impossible to make every single encounter interesting for all 24 people in the raid.
    Guess how I feel if i don't have something to tank? Bored, right.

And if every mob was designed like the Djinn Master, where every single raid member had to be on their toes, people would be quitting left and right after a month or two.

And honestly, the majority of the players don't play for challenges - especially not after having killed a mob a dozen times already - they want nice rewards for a minimum of effort.
  13. Mae- Well-Known Member

Says you. I'm a DPS and i love this fight, because I can burn to my hearts content! Our tanks have no problem with the swap and our dps is good at keeping the nameds even. It's just a fun burn fight.
    Draylore likes this.
  14. Draylore Well-Known Member

Agreed it is a fun fight for DPS. Of course I can't speak for tanks or what they think of it =P
  15. Veeman Active Member

Geez and now I feel like the odd man out, that happens to be one of the fights I like the most. Oh..but I've only raided it once on my monk, I'm normally on my Swashy