Summer Fireworks Festival and Massive Marketplace Sale!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Jun 30, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-ocenau Guest

Flamewing@Butcherblock wrote:
    some guys don't have that ability i know pvp server players don't due to the constant need to hunt the opposite alignment but some of us like to collect stuff to show off or just to look pretty. I personally stop what I'm doing to do a warfeild or go hunt for freeps when i want to but think for a second dude the majority of players play on a PVE server due to there being more PVE servers out there so of corse you do nothing but raid.
  2. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

Or not. I don't care about double xp, I'll take the item.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

If insanely fast XP is that important maybe some of you are playing the wrong game.
    Most aspects of EQII should be player driven, for most things I think everyone has a right to say how they would like their game to work. One place I think they shoulidn't have input is when to have bonus XP days. The people obsessed with PLing (especially those who make plat or RL cash off it) want it every day of course. The majority of players who wanted to be were 90 long ago, there shouldn't be this huge obsession with double xp. XP is pretty fast as it is. And I know there will always be someone leveling, and I know some people choose to change classes for raiding or level another toon.
    As for the marketplace sale, there's always some items on sale, they threw in some extras.
    (I think you have your genders confused, Amnerys is clearly not a bro by her signature picture.)
    LilNut wrote:
  4. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

wanting something for nothing is always "accurate" personally I would love to get 10 billion (insert your countries monetary designation) tax free every week then get my paycheck. That would be considered a "accurate statement" also because I suspect that 99.999999 of people would agree
  5. ARCHIVED-Moldylocks Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    Of all the fanboi responses thus far, I think this one is the most disproportionate. In its rediculousness, in not even capturing the flavor of anything that has been said so far to critique this Marketplace promotion + a sparkler, you completely diminish whatever effect you thought you were having.

Unfortunately, as with every thread that criticizes SOE in any way, the fanboi brigade, with blind allegiance, shows up to replay the same tired, skipping tracks rather than simply think for themselves. Its like the Devs keep a scoreboard and they are keeping track of who brown-noses the most, who most effectively defends and repels against the customers that *gasp!* dare to question the institution.

I'm really glad that a percentage of players were satisfied with a sparkler. Really. However, weighing FOUR DAYS of double xp vs a..sparkler.. and perhaps an hour or two of quests for trivial, niche, items then you really have to have blinders on to not see the inequality or understand why people are grumbling.
  6. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Moldylocks wrote:
    fanboi - the last basition of name calling that is invoked to describe the posters that do not bow down and worship the statement / pipe dreams / demands of those that think they deserve something.
    Would I have liked it - sure. Been doing things with my family over the holiday instead of spending time in a virtual world. Thing is a lot of us feel no need to complain and moan when a bonus is not given - a bonus by definition is something that can be added at any time, not a requirement. Where is it documented that they will give "bonus" expierence at any time, or have you just gotten into the gimmee attitudae that you feel you deserve it at the drop of a hat?
    Don;t even have the sparklers on any of my characters, might log on and get them on one or two characters, but if not oh well not a major issue, just like not getting x2 expierence. It is just a game after all. To be truthful no I do not understand why you are grumbling, could understand it if it was promised and not given, but it was never promised to eq2.
  7. ARCHIVED-dawy Guest

Have to say i've been rather indifferent to this little event,sometimes there's just too much to do ingame and these sort of things get left behind,for me at least.
  8. ARCHIVED-Moldylocks Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    There's just so much that you wrote that I'm just not even going to address. There is this thread, and there is another that is quite lengthy. You don't get it, and that's fine. Everyone has their limitations. Sometimes reading and comprehension are not for everyone.
  9. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Moldylocks wrote:
    what is there to comprehend, they decided not to give the BONUS of extra expierence this year, the limitation in your thought process is that you exist therefore you are required to have it. Nothing else is needed to comprehend anything. Just becasue you got it last year does not mean you will get it this year, there is a difference between a required items and a optional item, the x2 is a optional, that is where your reading comprehension and understanding is lacking.
    At the end of the day - deal with it, their game, their decision
  10. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

I posted this in the other thread, but I find that it is true. At the end of the year, people will see that they had an event for every type of player. Raider, XP'er, crafter, housing enthusiasts, quest a holics... So this event may not be what you would like, but it is for others. There will be more Bonus XP weekends this year :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Elorah wrote:
    Well said, indeed there will be. :D
    And just a reminder for everyone who is enjoying this event (and from the looks of our logs it's a lot of you), the fireworks questgivers will be departing at midnight tonight (pacific time). So, gather up any last fireworks launchers that you want before then, or be prepared to make a deal for them on the broker!
  12. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Sadly, I missed the whole event. I was too busy finishing up my costume for Fan Faire *laugh*. I would have loved to do the quests and things and get at least one set of the fireworks. Oh well, next year! (I hope)
  13. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    Check your broker, there may be some for sale. There were on my server. not quite the same as doing the quest, but at least then you will have some of the items :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    Check your broker, there may be some for sale. There were on my server. not quite the same as doing the quest, but at least then you will have some of the items :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

Dominio,
    thanks for bringing and let your dev team and sc team know that is cool, i did like to see them coming back again for next year 'summer' firework festival, please keep those for next year, my other alts didnt get chance to do those.
    Tyrus of BB server.
  16. ARCHIVED-Eileah Guest

Elorah wrote:
    And when the exp bonus comes around for adv you can bet the whiners will come out because they didn't get a <insert house item/appearance gear/fluff etc>, I hope they remember their fireworks when the tine comes.
    There was nothing preventing having BOTH the fireworks event and bonus exp, SOE created this division amongst the players.
  17. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Honestly, I think what would help prevent misunderstandings is to have an overall, posted plan of when these things are planned. I didn't really care whether they did extra xp this holiday weekend as I was too busy to play anyhow, but apparently it was expected by some due to past years having it. If there was a calendar that stated: you will have double xp on these holidays listed on the calendar or give some sort of guidelines for when they are offered you would go a long way towards avoiding confusion.
    Part of what causes outrage is to do things a certain way for a while and then change it without warning. Another problem is lack of communication quickly responding to questions about it.
    I've seen this where I work. They change things constantly and don't communicate it to people. This causes extreme annoyance and exasperation. Communication is very important.
    I'm assuming that everyone was busy getting ready for Fanfaire and just didn't have or perhaps take the time to check the forums. If you would see what causes extreme annoyance and then problem solve to prevent problems then you would have had it covered even if you were busy. For example, the calendar listing when double xp would occur.
    Edit: for sentence fragment