Summer Fireworks Festival and Massive Marketplace Sale!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Jun 30, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Fadedspirit Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    And the redNames are ignoring it outright without saying either Yes OR No on the issue. People want a REAL event, and that is Double XP for the July4th weekend like HAS BEEN done for the past 3-ish years straight.

I don't mean to be rude, but we don't care about this "sparkler" event or the worthless gimick of Market 25%. EQ1 is getting double xp and a whole hell of a lot more than us!!!

AnswerUsPlease
  2. ARCHIVED-Mandaline Guest

I am disapointed too by the lack of double XP event but the fireworks are cool (according to the vids), thanks for these.
  3. ARCHIVED-melanie66 Guest

Fadedspirit wrote:
    Some of us want sparklers. Don't speak for everyone.
  4. ARCHIVED-idabrat Guest

And most of us want an event thats going to take longer then an hour or two to complete and forget about.
  5. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

The fireworks are now available and the sale is started also, so grab your sparkler and go wild! :D
  6. ARCHIVED-Asre Guest

So I guess thats a no to x2 xp?
  7. ARCHIVED-idabrat Guest

Doesnt look like it. Apparently what we actually want doesnt matter.
  8. ARCHIVED-Soresha Guest

Fireworks are cool. :)
    And you should bring this back for 5th November too, with added bonfires. Not all of us set off fireworks on the 4th July. ;)
  9. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Soresha wrote:
    That's a good suggestion we'll have to discuss. And some of us set them off on the 1st ... happy Canada Day too ;)
  10. ARCHIVED-Lazaretto Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Domino, you are cool and player focused. Why are you guys ignoring our calls for a double xp weekend? I might even celebrate with an in-game sparkler if you were to turn on the bonus xp!
  11. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

Sparklers for Bonfire Night would be fun. We usually run a little player gathering in game anyway. :)
    Double XP is not on for this weekend, folks. We'd have announced it if so. It's something that we like to turn on occasionally, but it was never meant to be used for every single holiday weekend or special occasion. It would lose its specialness if we did.
  12. ARCHIVED-Druid03 Guest

no double xp weekend? :(
  13. ARCHIVED-UGAdawg Guest

Is there any reason in particular why EQ1 would get it and EQ2 would not? It seems as if most of the community feels as if their request for a holiday weekend of fun and double xp goes ignored, while it's sister game gets a lot more perks during that same period of time.
    It's not like the community is asking for double xp during the "holiday" weekend that is Nurse's Day, Secretaries Day, Boss's Day, etc... We're asking for double xp on one of the biggest holidays of the year, which you guys have previously awarded bonus XP on. We would also like some equality with EQ1, but that might be too much to ask....
  14. ARCHIVED-Lazaretto Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    Thanks for the first formal response. Is Vanguard getting a double xp weekend? No word over there either, but that's not super unusual. I think the point it you guys are doing it for EQ1 and not EQ2. Seems like you would want equality across games and not aggravate the playerbase so much that they spend the weekend in competitors' games. It's not too late to flip the switch! Smokejumper you are a marketing machine, doesn't that make sense to generate interest in the game and bring some positive EQ2 mojo into FanFaire next week?
  15. ARCHIVED-gourdon Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    Thankyou for not giving in to the whining about double xp. Having a special event with a few interesting items is preferable.
  16. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Please make the fireworks On state persistant ...

Could you do something like with the fog where you have an item to turn them on or off ?
  17. ARCHIVED-LilNut Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    no bonus xp and a marketplace sale i have no interest in. sorry sparklers are lame.
    good job continuing to dissatisfy your customers amnerys! keep it up bro!
    now all of you can whine about me whining about no dbl xp. have fun hypocrits
  18. ARCHIVED-idabrat Guest

gourdon wrote:
    So your saying something that will take me (and most people) all of 2 hours to complete on all of our toons, and a discount on stuff I'm not (nor are 90% of the player base) going to buy is preferable so something that we could use up until its turned off? Interesting logic there.
  19. ARCHIVED-Lazaretto Guest

Gourdon wrote:
    Gourdon here is an analogy for you - customer is hungry and standing inside a Burger King at dinner time.
    Customer: I'd like a hamburger
    <no response>
    Customer: I'd like a hamburger
    <no response>
    Customer: I'd like a hamburger, I have cash
    Worker: No, we cooked squid
    Customer: Isn't this a burger king? You guys have served me hamburgers for dinner every night for the last 3 years.
    Worker: Yep, but you really want squid it's sparkly! We only do hamburger on special occasions.
    Customer: Um.. no I want a hamburger, aren't you a burger king?
    Worker: Squid rulez!
    Customer: Ok (walks out goes across the street to McDonalds) - enjoys his hamburger and McDonalds enjoys their revenue stream.
    Worker: Hmm where did everyone go?
    EQ2 isn't the only game in town. Ignoring you paying customer doesn't make sense in gaming or any other business. Remember if you don't make your customer happy, someone else will.
    Laz
  20. ARCHIVED-Taladorm Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    Thank you Amnerys for the response. I may not agree with the xp decision but I am appreciative of an end to the speculation.

Having said that why has this question been at the top of the general forums for a full week and not been answered till now? Why didn’t a dev post last Friday (or Monday once they had their coffee) that “Double XP is not planned for the 4th weekend but we have other special events for you”? Being ignored on a simple question for a full week is why SOE has a reputation for terrible customer communication.