Summer Etheral Runes

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Buco, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Vencido Member

Some classes runes are significantly better than others, example.. mystic rune is really only for the 5 fervor, yes you can live without that especially on a healer.. other classes not so much
  2. Drona Well-Known Member

I don't know how big a difference they make in raids but for heroic content don't need them at all. Most heroic content is being cleared by people who doesn't have those runes in less than 30 minutes....

I know they make a big difference to DPS numbers but they are not needed to clear any heroic content in reasonable manner.
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

Ok, so if these are obtainable year round, then what's the incentive for people to play during the summer? How about you make a way for us to get the fallen gate rewards in current content. Having to play on other servers is bad design. How about you make a way for us to get frostfell items year round because I didn't play during christmas. Don't forget tinkerfest, I want those greens year round and in current content.

Now how dumb does that sound? Why isn't anyone complaining about the tinkerfest greens, when they are best in slot? Because the oranges are a hot topic and people just want something to complain about. A summer event is a summer event. Deal with it.
  4. Buco Active Member

It's all about why is there no way to obtain it. They are not needed for heroic content, sure but for endgame raiding they are significant to if you fail a dps check or not. So they are required for everyone that wants to raid.

And I want to point out that items from prior summer events were in fact obtainable in the next expansion, so its completly wrong if you say it was always this ways, when it wasn't.
    It started this year with the orange adornements which are not available in current content and never happend before. It's obviously overlooked and DB isn't able to understand the impact and Roxxlyy wasn't answering the origin question.
  5. Ahmassar Active Member

It's not the best in slot, Ghiosk is since it's got the most DC.
    Either way, like they did during ToT was great imo, sure the summer event ppl have the advantage of having it all this time thats fine, just make the runes and belt/cloaks exchangable for coins. Nothing strange about that.

6. Leed Active Member

Well...'available', and available are two different things. They were 'available' in the sense you could go back and try to do an old zone and get lucky with a drop that you MIGHT see after hundreds of hours. Just like this past summer's are 'available' in that you can get the tokens from IoR. It's just - most people can't/don't want to do it - just like I didn't/couldn't do the hundreds and hundreds of hours of grinding to get the ones I missed by leaving during the ToT summer.

I know I made sure to stick around and stay subscribed and not miss out during KA's summer event after missing out on ToT's (came back to KA to constantly hear 'you don't have your reset rune? No fervor rune? Ohh, you won't compete DPS wise then.' I tried KP, probably 100 hours, I tried key chests, the IoR option is so much easier than that.)
    Snikkety likes this.
  7. Arclite Well-Known Member

Stop squabbling before this thread gets locked unceremoniously.

+15 fervor is game breaker. If you think that it is not the case then three of the following apply to you:

1. Not sure what fervor is.
    2. Do not know how fervor helps your class.
    3. Do mostly solo/group content (where the content melts if you sneeze at it).

If so, then there is really no reason for you folks to post about ethereal runes not being needed.

Lousy excuse that its "summer relevant". Don't give people BiS items in summer and expect the returning players to just roll over and get over it. Yes you want people chipping away with their cash during summer and you need to keep them interested but no reason you should'nt let returning players catch up.

In not so many words if you want people to go to IoR and then come back, why not simply put the ethereal items on marketplace? They will sell.
    Ahmassar likes this.
  8. Dannni Active Member

Flawless KA buff gives 15 fervor, 10 additional fervor from mythical vs fabled epic. Plenty doing just fine without these. If you werent here when it was available you dont have some divine right to it be handed to you. I dont accept any of this whining, there are really no excuses on the summer events. There was double - triple ethereal coins at the end of the event. Thats 6x the number of coins per day. It was made super easy for everyone to catch up. If you werent here too bad. Either get the oranges from IoR or wait for the next summer event and remember to take part.
    Seadar likes this.
  9. Alexstrasza Active Member

How is this even a discussion, Summer Ethereal's are just that SUMMER, its a summer event, if you don't play during the summer then you don't get a chance, I fail to see why people get upset about this every year, if you want the gear you gotta play, there are ways to still get the coins but it requires going to Isle of Refuge buying the coins then transferring back after 30 days, people should be so lucky there is an even an option to do such a thing.
    Seadar likes this.
  10. Sowy Active Member

I never understood the whole summer anger, even when I did miss the boat on the older ethereal runes. You guys actually got to participate in real life things when you did non eq2 things during the summer... so what if you missed out on the 15 fervor rune, you don't see me asking to have a share of whatever it was that you did instead of play EQ2 during the summer.
  11. knine Well-Known Member

Cool since most of us to the time to do it when it was rough and then we put months into.. lets make it say..3 times more expensive.. still available but now you can spend the time getting the orange rune since its so valuable and worth the time, the people who spent the summer to get it won't feel like their getting the short end of the stick. Don't change the way its gotten either.. they need to get the worthless grandmaster cloak and then they can get the belt and rune.. and if they were really worried that much about the fervor they could still farm the roost belt and get the fervor from that as well.. short on resolve but they can be made up for in other areas.. SO SICK AND TIRED OF PAYING TO WIN. Of course they would sell.. garbage that you would even mention it to be brought in that way. So sure catch up, only make it a touch more a pita.. if you really want it because its game breaking at this point you can solo those old heroic zones for coins.. feel free to then.. I wouldn't mind ;)
  12. Travail Member

The fact of the matter is there should NEVER be items only made available for a limited time so strong that they will be BIS whether it be an adornment or a piece of gear even once 10 lvls higher or even through the next xpac. Sure give people that can commit the time a great reward but never BIS. If you want to make them give BIS items that are that strong ie no replacement even with a lvl cap increase, then it needs to be available year round. No one is saying they want them for free, 99.9% of the people that want them are more than willing to do the same quests you did the same amount of times. We just want to still be able to get that amazeballs item without forking out a sh** ton of RL cash.

This has literally created an entire new tier of players within the game, those without the adorns. At a time when this game needs to be enticing people to hold subs and get new ones they are making it even harder for returning players or new players to want to play. No one who is even remotely competitive wants to play a game where they can never be as strong as those they are playing with. This also goes for the preorder buffs. Yes you should get something the others can not but not something that strong that turns others away from the game.

I am one of the ones spending the cash to get them via IoR server but i would much MUCH rather just be able to do the quests, solo or otherwise, the same way you all had to get them.

If you can't agree with that than you are part of the reason why so many people have/are quitting this game or not returning/starting new.
  13. Kheldar Active Member

Not caring one way or the other here, but I think the real point of contention is that the seasonal events should just be for fun and fluff, NOT for actual stat-gear.
  14. Alexstrasza Active Member

This is a horrible idea, the whole point of the summer ethereal events is so people log in and play during the dog days of summer, if i'm logging in everyday to grind I should be rewarded for it, this isn't a game where everything should just be handed out for free. Sadly a lot of the EQ2 community feels like it should be.
  15. Arieva Well-Known Member

I agree..no one is going to log in for fluff over the summer
    Drona and Arkmarux like this.
  16. Microdeath Member

Seriously, the game is like real life in some aspects. In real life, you have sales and limited availability shows, cars, ect. This game primary purpose is about making money 1st. In order to do that, you need good content, graphics, social aspects, and stability. The summer of ethereals is the gimmick, much like sales 4th of July Sale ( for the month lol). You want people in a time when less people are going to play to get them to play and this improve profits. They would be negligent in their duties if they did not have some program to get people to play in summer time, when its the lowest population. When people complain about summer of ethereals, imagine no summer of ethereals because no game. Yes it can suck for people not here for the summer, but you get rewarded for loyality.
  17. Kheldar Active Member

Well, considering the responses, I guess I do care after all.
    Do away with the summer events entirely, and completely.
    OR,
    Make them last exactly the same time on IoR as they do on Live.
    They really serve no purpose, you are either subbed or not, it doesn't matter if you play.
  18. Microdeath Member

No, just play in the summer time. Do not punish me for playing year round, and guess what, lots of thing only happen sporatically. I assume you want to have Frost Fell, and Moonlight Enchantment happen all year. They are not going to change the summer ethereals, so I guess learn to play a little bit in the summer time.
  19. Drona Well-Known Member

My only complaint is that, you can actually get those runes right now. It will cost you lot of money so why not put them on market place and charge similar or greater amount?
  20. Dannni Active Member

If they are sold directly on the marketplace no one has spent any time playing and subscribing to create the runes. Whereas currently someone has to actually play the game and subscribe on the IoR to farm and generate the currency. Its good in several ways for the game

- Subscription income from IoR players (its mandatory there)
    - Nice benefit for subscribing players on IoR, probably helps retention rate
    - Good for IoR server population
    - If you put best in slot items directly on the marketplace, its harder to retain the players that buy those items because they do not have the same amount of time invested in the game. Also it would upset many players that have 'worked' to achieve the items if someone can buy them so easily. Same reason you wont be seeing top raid items on marketplace anytime soon
    Drona likes this.