Summer Etheral Runes

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Buco, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Drona Well-Known Member

I didn't think of it like that! Not only are they making money from people who want to buy the runes but also people who are selling the coins as well! Well there is a method to all the madness I guess :)
  2. Kahling Member

I didn't play for 3 years and came back with the current expansion. I learned of the Runes from last summer and thought wow they are nice, that's a shame and thought nothing of it, the summer events are the summer events. Then I learned you could still get them on IoR and promptly went about getting them. It cost me minimal real life money to do so and I wanted them and thought my "hobby" warranted the money I spent in doing so. This is my hobby and I chose to spend RL money to get them. If I was in to skiing or fishing or shooting or name any other hobby it would cost me 10x as much per year than my subscription + the £19 to transfer a toon from IoR to my server?

You don't have to have them, I was doing just fine without them, but saying that I was thankful there was a way to get them. I had to put a lot of work in in game to get the plat to buy the coins. And since then I have a 110 toon on there that's got his own coins and runes. Just didn't want my main on there.

If it's the plat your short of, then move an alt over with some friends and farm the coins, the zones take 30 mins to do all 4 and you get 24 coins per day and its fun, will take you 23 days for 570 coins for all runes and you will probably get the class rune for the alt you move over for free as it has a high chance to drop it seems. If its RL money that's the issue then it's your choice, the choice is there, I know people who spend thousands on their cars. I spent £19 on a server move on my hobby.
    Leeroy likes this.
  3. Arclite Well-Known Member

I take it you were there for the summer event then. Will see your post if you did not deck your toon out then. Or you do not have them and just want to chime in with an uncouth opinion.

On one hand you are saying "they should not be handed to you" but then you conclude by saying get them from "IoR" -- is that not considered as being "handed to you?"

Let me expand on my point in case you missed (which seems to be the norm with most of your posts).

If you put incredibly powerful items for a "summer only event" then how is it fair for anybody not to earn them at a later date through the same amount of grinding? except that you can if you are willing to pony up some cash and server hop.

People complained about PG adornments being a chore to grind and then they were added. I see absolute no reason not to add them in some form or shape so people can at least catch up on some aspects of grinding. The ethereal effects from AoM were added in ToT as runes, why not the last summer ones in pop?

I doubt anybody would dare to contest the point of the 50 tithe potency boost they got to catch up and shrug aside the work of those who legitimately spent hours upon hours grinding in thalumbra contested zone.
  4. Dannni Active Member

I was only here for the last week or so of the summer event and managed to get the cloak, the belt with rune and one of the other orange runes. Personally I have no problem with the ior method. You missed the event, you didn’t pay into the game during the slower months, you can catch up if you’re willing to stump up the cash. The game is not a charity, if you don’t want to spend the money you can still catch up by waiting for the next summer event. The problem here is people are confusing something they want and are claiming the game is not possible without them. The runes are nice but not a necessity
    Snikkety likes this.
  5. Ahmassar Active Member

Exactly. Stop being ridiculous, 15 Fervor is a gamechanger.
    And also, it doesn't really compare to the KA Flawless since you can't get that from running a couple of grps/week.
    All I was saying was that the items should be made exchangable for coins, just like in ToT, long after the event is over. Not that shocking a request.

6. Melt Actually plays the game

Actually, they're exactly like they were in ToT. They are still obtainable with tokens.
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

I've already basically quit again just from the runes.

I might come back when I can server transfer from Isle to my normal server after buying a bunch of coins to get the runes.
    But really it seemed like a waste of my time and just discouraged me from joining the game again.
    /shrugs

This is basically one of the only games I can think of that a returning player can't grind themselves back up to their peers because there are best items around with no even similar alternatives without having to jump through loops while waiting for a 30 day timer between server transfers.
  8. Nkito Well-Known Member

Both sides have valid points. These are from a "summer event" for a specific reason, increased playing during slower months. If the rewards are easily available year round they will lose the main goal they are trying to achieve with them. They are still obtainable, but yes there are hurdles. This seems like a fair compromise.

They should hold their value for one year, until the next event, then be replaced/upgraded, not a permanent advantage.
  9. SteveB Active Member

You can also play without the runes and if you need tham that hard, create lvl 1 toon and play in between on the server you like... next summer is incoming soon anyway ;)
  10. Wgrace Active Member

I have my runes and I still agree with this.