Summer 2016 Ethereals Begin!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucus Well-Known Member

i'm going to disagree here, not all fights require massive dps checks and are usually script checks, ppl that only want fast groups are a detriment to the game.

i know for a fact most of the time i am spoiled on my tank with high dps but you can do most stuff without top DPSers.

This is a social game, just sitting in [LFG] asking for group and getting in grps won't get you groups to the same level of effectiveness as looking for group, demonstrating team skills and doing the best you can do on your class while chatting with the other members of the group.

any players worth their salt will take a dps that while might not have the top level DPS possesses teamwork skills over someone with the DPS but absent of teamwork skills of listening, reacting to callouts and actually chatting in VC with the group.
    RedvsBlue likes this.
  2. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Zek is a portion of content they are using to test new things they want to implement permanently and with testing there will always be ups and downs to it. But in order to keep the interest of those who clear content in a matter of 2-3 months there has to be something god awful for them to strive for. That is the real crowd I feel they aimed these runes for. Because of the sheer affect they have on the classes everyone obviously is going to want them. It has to be understood at some point that the devs have to satisfy all of the play styles hunger.

I will tell anyone in the game that if they need to move guilds to better suit their play style they should do it. You have friends lists, custom channels that you can use to stay in touch with friends you made in other parts of the game. The play your way slogan keeps getting thrown around but for some reason everyone wants you to play their way. I have been on just about every server and played solo up to hardcore raider at some point and still keep in contact with people. We need to get away from this locking people down in an attempt to keep them from doing what they want to do.
  3. Varlow New Member

So people who only solo are mad they can't get the runes solo because if they don't have the runes they can't...group?
  4. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Nobody said you had to know their favorite color or where they go on vacation, but you do need to communicate to accomplish scripts. That is part of the game no matter which play style you are. If you are not willing to do that then imo you don't need these items as they will not help you progress in the game. They are a stepping stones to help people see more of the content not watch it hit the ground faster.
    Lucus likes this.
  5. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

I can see that you truly don't grasp the concept of an MMO. If your skill level isn't enough to get into the groups then you have to bring something else to the table. Most of the people in these groups you talk about communicate after the group or during other times when they are not killing the same stuff. Most are in guilds who talk with each other on a normal basis. Guilds cannot be successful if people don't trust each other and work together. What you are asking for is to just hand loot to everyone and erase the bonds people form that keep them in the game and striving improve as a unit. You break those bonds and you have essentially what happened to Nagafen. Childish bickering about who is better, and aww you cheated, and so on. I would highly suggest that you try out a casual guild. There is a lot you can learn from others other than what class they are and what role they should be in.
  6. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

If you are referring to heroics it doesn't matter what gear they have. My guildies getting upgrades matters more than who you run it with. I am a raid leader and I make sure that those who need items the most get their opportunities to do so. Put a couple better geared players with some not quite as geared, problem solved. Everyone in my eyes can do it. I have trained 3 people in the last 4 months who have never raided (some haven't played the game in years). They are looting members of my raid force and have been there for recent progression kills. Guilds fall apart because of greed, egos, and drama. This is number 27 for me, trust me I have seen it all from stealing plat to leaders and officer cheating on each others spouses. If you keep drama to a minimum then you have a solid group who can learn and improve. Just because there aren't many willing to spend their own time to train new players or returning ones doesn't mean that they don't exist or that they can't be successful.
  7. Nockturnal Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the time we sent a shipment into Tanzania to a very good customer of ours. The customer called when the shipment didn't arrive. I tracked the shipment and it showed that it made it there but was held by Customs. Customs kept denying they had the shipment even thou the customer could see the crate over the counter. Finally Customs released the goods after they were paid with expensive alcohol. It ran them over $3K. :eek:
  8. Varlow New Member

There is a sustainable way to obtain them which is running KP contested. For the next few months you have an accelerated, eventually guaranteed way to obtain them which are the ethereal tokens. A game where the best things are easy to get isn't much of a game.
  9. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Forgive me for finding it hard to acknowledge you are a raid leader with the stance you take on joining guilds and group focus. One thing I know from being at the top is that you don't need every item in the game to get there. Dealing with Zek raid zone there is no rune that will give you the resolve required to damage the mob. So for that point the run isn't screwing us over. When I look at ToT, all of the content was cleared by plenty of guilds who never had a single one of these runes. The scripts are heavy and they require practice. As a casual guild I will never expect my raiders to parse what any of the top 15 guilds do. They melt all raid names in a few minutes with only a few people wearing items/runes with fervor procs. They are not as necessary as you think they are. So being that they are not necessary at the highest point of raiding, I still struggle to see why solo/heroic people are losing their minds of this. Runes are not the problem.

The problem is that everyone wants these runes but refuse to put in the work to get them because they don't understand progression as they are not in a guild, on a friends list, speak to people, or raid with 12-24 people, or whatever the reason. Solo/heroic players were just given a fabled loot merchant. You should be far more concerned with obtaining that gear before skipping though all the other stuff just because it is better. We put in the work to get that loot first before runes became more accessible.
  10. Chillispike Active Member

Llyleia not Lylleia ;)
  11. Theodorn New Member

At the end of the day if this was meant for all players it could have been done that way.I'm sure no one would have complained about a solo/heroic/raid version where solo got 1 coin,heroic 3 coins and raid 5 coins,which meant raiders would get 9 per day,large groups 4 per day and solo 1.Everyone earns their item solo got 1 in 90 days raiders get 1 every 10 days fair and simple time spent per reward.
  12. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter how you word it, stage it, or paint it. The play styles that require less effort in the game will always see anything one of those more indepth ones gets over them as a slap in the face and demand to get it at the easiest possible level. If I work for a company and my boss gets a bonus or company car and I do not as a regular employee do I go complain about that expecting to get the same reward? I mean seriously? He has a more advanced job than me and thus should be paid more and get certain perks I do no (see gold member vs. FTP for a better understanding of perks). Solo/heroic people already have a shot at them without coins and an unlimited attempt limit. Maybe if you want items that require teamwork you should actually develop those skills so you can get into groups and get them.
  13. kluxor Well-Known Member

To the guy saying resolve has ruined his game....well, that's funny cause bar brawl doesn't even use the resolve mechanics
  14. Theodorn New Member

If resolve hasn't changed the ToT instances then must have just been bad luck the 2 times we tried it after running it before resolve,will give it another shot.
    If the items are for raiders then so be it if they are needed,I'm not anti-raid,yes my comments come off that way but I do believe if its needed in that content then it should be added.Just because I don't raid doesn't mean those that do,aren't to get anything better than me,not my view point at all.
    Just think if the event is meant for everyone give everyone a way to get them,if its meant for raiders then do it for raiders.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Speaking as the "wife", there is nothing wrong with the way he plays or what items he gets, he limits himself and his playtime to my playing abilities. I have severe progressive multiple sclerosis and do not have the reaction times any longer that are needed to not impede the progress of larger groups or raids. We play together and enjoy that time. We try everything at least once and most things a multiple of times. We have accounts that date back to launch and played other MMOs' as well for many years.

It is our style and if I were physically able to not limit the progress of others, I am sure we would probably play larger groups, but I know my limitations. I had to quit being a corrections officer for the same type of reasons, its not fair to put anyone's safety at risk due to my limitations, I resigned for the greater good.

There are many people playing this game that have a variety of physical limitations and they don't wish to hinder others as well, but its only fair that they too have a shot at some good items, they support the game the same as everyone else. Those that do not have any limitations very rarely stop and think of those that do.

The last I will say on this subject is to those that feel that everyone would not put in a significant amount of effort to obtain good items in the game no matter what their playstyle is, pray that the day never comes when you find yourself being limited physically through no fault of your own.

Cyrrena
  16. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Awesome idea the ethereal event with tokens heaps of ppl grouping .

Thank you.
    jasonx likes this.
  17. Sapryze Member

Amen to that - you'll probably get a ban for expressing this opinion as I did last time i spoke out against the overlords ...
  18. Sapryze Member

One of the stupidest comments I've ever seen. They pay the same sub fee as you and everyone else but should only get part of what that sub entitles you to get?
  19. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Thanks for the extension of the double Ethereal Coins time.

Misfortune enough, brings us but little, if you then today then makes 6h server down in our prime time on the extended day.

Please consider this and changes the extension accordingly. So now benefit only people who do not have to work and play during normal working hours.

All EverQuest II Servers, both US and EU, will be brought offline on Tuesday, June 14th, 2016 at 7:00AM PDT* (2:00 PM GMT) for an update. Estimated downtime is approximately six hours.
    Update notes for this downtime can be found in theGame Update Notesforum once they're available.

7:00AM PDT to 1:59PM on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 is approximately our prime play time in europe.
    Zanger and Beee like this.
  20. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Can we get tokens added to raid weekly mission? Thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.