Summer 2016 Ethereals Begin!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ysonoko Member

It's not really help most players need.
    Alot of the returning players I've been seeing, as well as myself, just need a group to get in to that will take the time to work through a dungeon properly.
    I mean, it's insanity when the dps is running around pulling stuff, and I can't even keep agro over some of the better geared people. The whole thing just doesn't even feel like a dungeon run. The content is either so trivial that it's just a nuke fest, or it's so hard like MC, that the dailies can't even get done because players don't understand what to do besides nuke stuff.

The advanced solo's are good for teaching the mechanics of a boss fight, but they are limited to the easier ones, or ones that weren't in the Ethereal dailies.

The whole system seems poorly designed.
  2. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I primarily solo/duo/molo these days by choice and therefore, I don't expect to receive the best gear in the game. I think that if players are willing to work hard and advance from solo to heroic to raiding, then they deserve the better rewards. However, I do believe that the majority of players are now solo/duo/molo and therefore, I wish that there was more content centered around that play style (new epic weapon quest line, new heritage quests, end game pq's etc.). I will be curious to see how they handle the next expansion.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  3. Anaogi Well-Known Member

You can't design a system to teach it all effectively. Sooner or later you have to rely on your player base.

Like I always say, if people are the solution, it stands to reason they were also the problem...

(And I only solo because my experienced, raid-tested & geared defiler can't get groups. Think about that a while.)
    Coconutty and Mizgamer62 like this.
  4. Zanger Member

why would i play darksouls if im not intrested in a rpg ? darksouls is a rpg lol
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

Is it? A role playing game is a place where you act out a character. You enter the game and take on that character's persona. It's like acting a part in a play. I guess you could do that in a single player game, but it would be sort of lame sitting behind your computer acting out your character to no one. Maybe it would be a good way to practice your acting skills, but that would be about it. Most of the games we call MMORPGs are really just MMOGs. Some people role play, but most don't.
    Meneltel likes this.
  6. Zanger Member

i can give you an adivce that gets a returning player 100% back in game.

Step 1: farm key in zek with multiple chars and sell them.

Step 2: buy the bloody bookminion collection from RoV equipt 850 pot nek.

Step (3 maybe if you need weapons): get the 2 collections that give you devistation strike procs from the heroic scourge wastes. ( you can look up the name of the collection on eq2u, i dont have time for it atm)

Step 3: buy all ct collections and get a 300 pot 10k mod wrist, a 400 pot 8k mod wrist, a ring with 300 pot and an earring

Step 4: do ToT main questline to get a decent mount and the 850 pot ring

Step 5: search in eq2u after good player that play your class, try telling to them and ask if they can give you some advice. i know not everyone will answer but you will find one that helps you 100%

Step 6: you are now able to run any instance ever. because you do dps as dmg dealer. heal as a healer, and hold agro/dont die as a tank

Step 7: Profit

you mostlikley wont find time to walktrough a dungeon, but if u do them 5 times you will find out what the script is like by yourself.
  7. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

I cannot agree with the solos teaching mechanics. You and maybe one other person fight a mob. 9 times out of 10 you practically one shot them with fair gear. Bosses last maybe an extra 2-4 hits. In essence you are actually not learning mechanics at all. And to be brutally honest mechanics are only half of the battle. Knowing class and the right AA is another chunk, but I think one that takes practice is the group experience to learn the group member variable. For example if you have a T1/pet class in your groups you should expect a burst at some point during the fight. The part that requires learning is when this usually happens for each class. Hopefully people use macros for certain temps and abilities because this is a helpful gauge of when its "about to get real" as I say lol. I am still learning tank myself and don't claim to be an expert at it but I am improving and can successfully tank MC and SK, which seem to be brick walling some players. Different specs are used for different play styles and this can literally change tank ability over night for some.
  8. Jynetta New Member

Sadly, all too true.
  9. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Making perfect groups, apparently, is considered a given. NOT the case. So, where it the UI prompt that says: Jay only has blah, blah, blah AND was created 2 days ago...."kick him to the curb"?? With all the PL alts running about, you may get Joe on his 10th crap character, that was made yesterday. Yeah, Joe has serious time invested. Heh.
    Cyrrena and Diveris like this.
  10. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Ah, my friend...you speak the truth ;) I have helped many catch up, I--admittedly--have been taken advantage of, via this approach.. It helps us all, if they stay and contribute, as opposed to trying every MMO that debuts, then come back....expecting someone to catch them up. When they can't excel by catching up, they blame the game....

These days, my motto: "Help those that help themselves"
    Cyrrena and Diveris like this.
  11. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Just because some don't spend the time to research and learn doesn't mean that everyone does that. I will agree there are a larger number who don't more than who do. This is what I refer to when I say time invested. I am never talking about how many alts Joe has. If he cannot learn his main character or maybe 2nd (different archtype) then you will have this grouping problem. But truth be told, the groups don't have to be perfect. They don't even have to be ideal anymore. This is a case of those who learn vs. those who buy gear expecting to magically pull it off.
  12. Kittybock Well-Known Member

BACON FTW!!! :cool:
    Diveris likes this.
  13. dariusthegreat New Member

awwwww jeah!!!1 ty dbg's im enjoying new ethereal quests be nice if we could either run more than once a day though as I have alotta alts and end up either tanking or healing and my dpsers get left out lol but thank you all for hardwork new gu100 lookin nice yo!!!
    Kittybock likes this.
  14. MikeySaysGo Member

Will the ethereal quests continue to be available after this summer? Or will they end at a certain point of time? If they will end what is the date? Devs please answer :)
    Lucus likes this.
  15. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

How long will this run? Will some of us who can't get these very fast end up with coins and no weapon because we are slower at getting them done?
    Meneltel likes this.
  16. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I will give you the same advice Azeem gave Robin:

"Get up, and move faster."
  17. MikeySaysGo Member

Will the ethereal quests continue to be available after this summer? Or will they end at a certain point of time? If they will end what is the date? Devs please answer :) ??
  18. Rainmare Well-Known Member

they will end at the end of summer, just like the ethereals have ended every year since they started them, I imagine. this isn't a year round thing, it's the 'Summer Ethereals'.
  19. Estal Well-Known Member

While the quests will most likely go away whenever they think summer is over they should reconsider that.

Why?

With etheral runes now being more readily available they will have no choice but to balance next expac content around everyone having them, so everyone not playing during this summer will be screwed.
  20. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Or just replace them for our epic adventures next expac.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.