Suggestion for Erollisi day

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Mercychalice, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, Tom Lehrer...long before the current crop of snarky comedians, he bridged the gap between folks like the original Spike Jones (accept no substitutes! :D) and the more "sophisticated" (in his words, "obscene") trend from like the '60s and '70s on. ;->

He didn't just do "kinky" stuff, but he did have a slightly dark/warped sense of humor. I don't know if he's still alive or not, but he had quite the following in the late '50s->early '60s, and did some singing and songwriting later for the Electric Company, with surprisingly cute kids' educational songs. One of his "educational" songs for older folks was "The Elements Song," which was played in an episode of NCIS. Apparently, Abbie was a big fan of his once she discovered him. :)

And oh, yeah, he also taught math in a few universities, including his alma mater of Harvard. ;->

Uwk
    Juraiya, Breanna and Mercychalice like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Some of his bits are youtube. NSFW.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Depends on your workplace, frankly (if they're all easily offended there, perhaps not); he doesn't swear at all (he went out of his way to say in one song intro "those dedicated little -- BASTions of [...]" (rather than what some would be expecting from that start ;->), though some of his earlier songs are a bit -- well, occasionally disturbing. ;-> "The Irish Ballad" and "I Hold Your Hand in Mine" come to mind...well, frankly, most of Tom Lehrer Revisited (of "I Hold Your Hand...", he said that "Out of all the songs I've done, that is the one I've had the most requests NOT to.").

Safer albums include An Evening Wasted with Tom Lehrer (which includes "The Elements" song and "The Masochism Tango") and That Was the Year That Was, which is quite topical for 1965. Good history lesson. ;->

But even the song "Smut" is, surprisingly, not all that risque, just slightly suggestive. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna and Mercychalice like this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I don't nkow about the pigeons one... being viewable.

Anyway, I'm about to just quit the Unexpected Consequences quest. Just past 5 hours. I don't like long drawn out quests.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, bleagh! Is that from the new expac? :-/

Uwk
    who prefers falcons to cyanide, yeah ;->
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

No, its from a previous expac. I'll post details in the Quest forum.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, this is the quest forum. I was very tired and should have said in a different thread in this forum.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hugs! :)

Uwk
    Geroblue likes this.