[Suggestion] Ethereal Runes

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Hardwell, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Hardwell Member

Devs please allow the Ethereal Runes to be exchanged for Ethereal Coins at least 15 coins as the jewelry if not 30 coins due to the fact they are twice the cost as the jewelry. Response is appreciated.

Thanks
    Montag likes this.
  2. Domineah New Member

I've always felt there should be some way to exchange the "coin of the expac" into something else. I have more primal velium shards than should be allowed but they sit there because I'm SURE some expac soon is going to use them or something. >.>

Being able to exchange them would allow for some malleability as we increase our gear and find the best balance per play style, not sure more than 15 coins.
  3. xkrisx Well-Known Member

I completely endorse this request but.... I have a feeling they arent doing this because the runes can be aquired through other means.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

There's an NPC on the Butcherblock docks that will exchange some of the old currencies for adorning mats, I beleive.
  5. Rondo9 Active Member

But then people could farm KP Contested and get ethereals coins :p LOL
  6. Hardwell Member

If farming contests is a worry they need to make all runes a pattern and eliminate it there. But I see that happening way after coins for the current runes.
  7. Hardwell Member

But truthfully more I think about it on average each class really only cares about 2 Ethereal Runes. After that they want the jewelry so if we could implement the exchange for Ethereal Runes to Ethereal Couns it would be superb. Because personally I have 2 Ethereal Leech runes (one from contested and one from keys) and others got awarded runes for a shield when they don't where a shield so it would help the large portion of the player base.
  8. Xellium Active Member

If runes aren't dropping in patterns then we most certainly should be able to turn them in for coins to buy the one we want.
    Common sense.
  9. Hardwell Member

Can a Dev please acknowledge that not being able to exchange the runes is a flaw that needs to be addressed?
  10. Montag Well-Known Member

Yes please, but also can we make the runes heirloom? :)
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Making the runes heirloom defeats at least part of the purpose of making the currency no-trade. I doubt that part is going to change.
    Kraeref and Neiloch like this.
  12. Hardwell Member

Yea if they were to make the Ethereal Runes Heirloom it would defeat the purpose of having the coins no trade. However the runes need to be eligible for exchange for Ethereal Coins!
    Mermut likes this.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Agreed. that would be very nice since you can, in theory, get them instead of coins and if you get one you've already got (or is of no use to you), you're kind of sol at the moment.
  14. Montag Well-Known Member

It wouldnt defeat the *entire* purpose of making the coins heirloom. You would still need to get 90 coins on one character and if i understand how the vendor works correctly, youd have to buy them with the same archetype, since the vendor only sells you ones your class can use.

But then i dont agree with the runes being at all rare or difficult to obtain. If they're somewhat rare, as they have been up til this event, they harm class balance. If they are a huge grind, the harm alts and class switching, which is bad for the longevity of the game.

Again, as I've said in other threads, they ought to be no harder to obtain than bolstered attributes or split second salvation. But if they insist on making balance shattering items that are a huge pain/luck to get, at least make them heirloom so you dont cripple peoples ability to switch classes as their guild needs.
  15. Hardwell Member

But if you make them heirloom let's say you have 2 Fighter Ethereal Runes. They are the same, but you want the fervor rune on a alt scout. If the runes where Heirloom all you need to do is put it on that alt, right click and exchange BAM coins with no effort. If they they that they might as well change the coins to Heirloom cause that's all your doing. Leave the runes No-Trade but allow them to be exchangeable for Ethereal Coins!
  16. Montag Well-Known Member

17. Hardwell Member

So please explain how the Ethereal Runesbeing Heriloom would actually solve the situation of people not getting the runes they desire or getting double runes on their main? Besides if your switch classes your still gaining on that class. Also stated in several threads of you make the runes Heirloom now they would really have to make coins Heirloom prolly making the cost 3-4x what the cost is now for jewelry or runes. There is really no gain by making the runes Heirloom now with the token system. If you want to argue the fact "I can't get groups on the toon I need coins on" case either get the toon capable for those zones or make a group to do them and don't rely on the carry process of super casuals wanting every items from rare runes, armor, weapons to just be given to them. It's called hard work. Doesn't matter if it's a game nothing is given for free. Just make it easy and make the runes traceable for coins like the jewelry or even the playing field and make the jewelry non traceable for coins.
  18. Maldek Active Member

They just need to be exchange-able for 30 coins, just like the Jewelry is exchange-able for 15 coins. Bam. Thread over
    Terrius and Montag like this.
  19. Montag Well-Known Member

Ya thats okay but ideally its like, things being so rare make em a pattern, but whatever. It's all so much better than precious years I feel bad being critical at all.
    Terrius likes this.
  20. Hardwell Member

Should we just accept the worst that nothing is changing with the runes? No chance for currency or at least as some suggested Heirloom? Current state of getting awarded double runes is sad, then nothing being done is just insult to injury.