Suggestion: Could be bump priest DPS a bit

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Vunder, Mar 31, 2019.

1. MazeEQ New Member

I have no issues soloing.
    Granted, as an Inquisitor, it's mind-numbingly slow, as to be expected in vanilla EQ2.

My best friend runs a Necromancer and can run through content solo that takes 3-4 people, but what can he not do? Solo heal Icy Digs, keep raid tanks alive, increase the entire groups DPS exponentially, save a raid at a moments notice, generally keep anyone who isn't him alive....

If you want to solo the world, go summoner and box your healer. It's not the end of the world.
    If you want to clear content, make friends.

Everquest is a group oriented game.
    Saints and Zenji like this.
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

some fighters are quite slow too. Or lack mana/heal to farm non stop.

On bruiser I can kill 1 target fast but with the long reuse (especially at lower levels) it took time too .. and time to regen mana/health.

on paladin or guard it must be slow too.

no wonder why there are always so little heals/tanks ... coz it's a pain to level them. now it's also easier to get groups, coz people need u :)
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Vunder Well-Known Member

I don’t want to solo the world.

But there are nights I have an hour to play where I want to play alone.

But the typical mentality of dps players IQ can not comprehend the entire topic so I’ll just end it here.

When you have no healers. I’ll jist say I told you so. Do not punish a class because it heals. It has never ended well for any games.

This one included. Shame to healer players that roll over like dogs and accept the subpar trearment.

I’m not saying T1,2,3. But this 10% of dps class crap we are seeing is simply idiotic.
    Kalika likes this.
  4. Gazorpjp New Member

Priests are probably the better balanced classes compared to sks and necros.

Soloing on my mystic sucked till i got the appropriate hq items like Screaming Mace, Stein of moggok, and efreeti boots. Originally the problem was id go oom due to how damn long it takes to kill everything, however, with those items it still takes a while but at least you wont go oom anymore.

Plus it was easy getting the items because everyone needs a priest in their groups.
  5. Kalika Well-Known Member

So i suggest to introduce a dps stance for priest, usable only solo or in a duo. This won t hurt dps classes and priest won t be used as dps with back up heal and curein group or raid because the stance will be available only solo/duo.

There is ZERO argument against that. Ten years ago i left WoW because my huntress had to pay for my holy priest mount, WoW was worst than Eq2 since to respec from holy to shadow she had to gon in town and to pay lot of money and to select again the abilities. Give me a reason why a priest would farm recipes or run solo quests 3 time slower than a necro ?

I must add too that now she is 32 and with starnova and her new swarm things are quite better.

If you want a server in which 80% of the player are either summoners or Sks you must make other casses fun too.

MMOs in which some classes had to group or stay home have been complete failures, Eq1 in a good example who would ever pla a cleric there , even in group or raid they totally boring to play. Eq1 died (the zombie still roam with 1000 player worldwide, wow has millions) the day WoW came out simply because it was solo friendly.
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

Well said ... and yes predator, summoners, sks, wizzlocks will complain cause they lack healers or guardians or bards or classes that suck at soloing.

Have to say that my fury is doing also better due to some HQ items she got too (as mentionned above).
  7. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yes " farting in the general direction of a ^^^" is what my conjurer do and it works ;-) She got ganged in Qeynos by 3 bloodsaber and they were dead in less than 15 seconds, earlier i saw an inquisitor fighting a similar pack for like 2minutes; he finally won with 15% mana left.
  8. Saints Member

Wait wait wait... is this about TLE servers?

With TLE I prefer the original experiences, struggles and all. Balance is a tricky monster and if you go for too much you end up having homogenized classes without any flavor.

We don't need me to name games. Do we? Nah. Let's not do that. These mmos exist. We all know they do. Let's not do that.
    Breanna and Pixistik like this.
  9. docsam Member

this
    i see it from both ends
    one end i have conjuror who is amazing at soloing at other end a templar who can solo but so slow its not worth even trying
    but i agree any changes made now will break the classes when AA points come out and this would sort a short term problem and break things
    leave thins alone and focus on the itemization problem of the game instead
  10. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

TLE Forums - We want vanilla! Why are things not like vanilla!
    Also TLE Forums - Vanilla is too slow, we want new abilities for our classes!

If you don't want slow soloing, play a class better suited to soloing. If you want a class that is a necessity for any group/heroic/raid content, play a healer.

Chances are if you've ever played a healer for more than 5 mins in the past, you'd understand soloing without AA is slow. Either wait for your AA or roll another class.
    Rhodris likes this.
  11. Earar Well-Known Member

If u want the stance, come back in TSO

Idk how it was in FG but doesn’t seem daybreak is twiking classes much.
    And adding a stance is even more work than just boosting damage.

It’s minimal effort. Which is sad coz tle could be a great way to change and make game better.

Like changing some now useless debuffs and so on.
    But they don’t do that.
    They don’t do anything.

So play with what u have
    Zenji likes this.
  12. Zenji Well-Known Member

This is a TLE server for a 15 year old game, they are not going to make new abilities. Sorry.

Not all classes are designed to do the same amount of DPS, not all classes are meant to be the fastest solo'ers, not all classes hit their "power spike" at the same time. If a healer can do close to the same DPS as a DPS class, but hit a button to lower DPS and up healing, all while offering better utility. Why would anyone bring a DPS class? As others have said, they tried this with tanks, they gave them reckless stance and it broke the game.

You're not at level cap yet, but speaking about balance changes.....

You obviously did not play WoW the day it came out, soloing in WoW Vanilla, was exponentially harder and slower than at any point in EQ2.
    Saints likes this.
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

soloing in EQ2 vanilla was also slower ... they changed a lot of stuff ... I remember needing to do runnyeye a few time to be able to go somewhere else. XP was a lot slower

the pace was slower
  14. Synistra Active Member

No, we understand the topic quite fine. It's Vanilla and healers suck at soloing in t5. Just so you know, healers are still gonna suck at soloing for a while, like you probably should go ahead and play another class if you want to be self sufficient. Healers heal, it's what we do and we can solo quest content that's supposed to be soloed; it just takes us longer.

Defilers are the worst for this. Druids are a bit better. If you wanna solo fast, play a summoner. My warden solos fine, she does pretty good for a Warden actually and I get stuff done on her. I also knew what to expect. Surely you're not new to EQ2, you've been an "uber Norrathian" since 99 per your signature. You sure about that?

I get that you only have an hour to play. I get that you don't always want to have to depend on a group to get things done. I'm telling you that your obvious choice is to box a DPS or to just main one because Defiler life is brutal for quite some time without a group. The game isn't going to be changed just because you got issues playing a class that's WELL KNOWN for not soloing well for years...I mean seriously a defiler? And you're complaining? Like you should have known better. This is like eating potato salad when it's been kept at room temp, then complaining you're throwing your guts up 2 hours later. You did this to yourself man. 2 box a Necro with that Defiler and start enjoying the game. Be the change and all that.

Also Zenji, I'd let you die for a shiny, stop playin :)
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

I will FD the healer and let the group wipe for a Shiny, so no qualms from me. :p
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Redlight Well-Known Member

If you play a healer and deal 10% of the dps of a dps class, you are doing something extremely wrong. If focused on healing, a healer should do 20% the total dps of a t1. If focused on dps, this can be around 50%, which is extremely acceptable given the crazy amount of buffs and heals/wards healers have. Perhaps do not roll a healer if you are a lone wolf. And you might want to see how easily you die as a non-pet having dps. Every class has, and should have, their strong and weak points, if you disagree you should create a thread about allowing beastlords on your server and then buff them by times 10 since you are giving the impression that this game is too difficult.
  17. Vunder Well-Known Member

I'm content now.

Damage has scaled on a 1:1 ration with the increase of wisdom and i can now kill pretty fast as as defiler. I did switch to inqy and decided to box him with a brig. Debuffing scout tank + inqy worked better than I had thought.