Suggestion: Could be bump priest DPS a bit

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Vunder, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Vunder Well-Known Member

Regardless of how you want the game to be played. The same old story comes back that many of the quests and players prefer to do somethings solo. We don't always want a group for EVERYTHING we do.

Priest dps makes nearly all content impossible to do with the dps this low. Level 20 defiler and have expert spells and unless it's green, I don't even bother trying to kill it solo.

I love grouping, don't get me wrong, somethings shouldn't require a group and shouldn't force healers to only level in groups.
    Rosyposy and Kalika like this.
  2. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I agree, some classes are much harder than others simply solo questing. Seems like re-balancing classes is an iterative never ending quest.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

So you're saying it's an ever ... wait for it ... quest! :p
    Pixistik, Breanna and Sixgauge like this.
  4. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Some classes have their strenghts and other classes have their weaknesses until certain AA points unlock. Thats just how it is. Suck it up and play another class if u want to do more dps.
  5. Quest Noremac New Member

I dont really think their dps should be higher. There are a lot of classes that I feel soloing is hard. But luckily you can always group and if you feel like soloing you can always play a different character.
    Redlight and Dude like this.
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

Not only priests one, but off course.

Whenever i switch from my fury to my conjurer i feel i m not playing the same game. Off course you can and should group, but there are a lot of things that you do solo : city time-line, harvesting, farming plats etc .....

The solution for priests is super simple : add a real dps stance who would increase dps by 50% but half the heals ...

Bard could too get a solo stance, usuable only if solo and increasing their dps.

I already made a post about that ... and of course my fury is way better solo than a defiler, but it still take her twice or three time longer to kill something than my conjurer.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  7. Kleit New Member

Yea, safe to say its pretty frustrating if not just plain boring being a healer class at end game. Regular t5 quests that dps/tank classes are doing take x3 times as long, if not just impossible. Everything is just tedious.

Being level high level means you can finally chill off from the grind and gear up and do quests and what not. Its a huge part of the game and what we work towards. Unfortunately its just difficult for healers to enjoy it. Random quests make grouping hard. I cant just get a few DPS to group with me to help grind quests, or kill level 30 grey ^^^ mobs because they kill me, meanwhile a necro just farts in the general direction of said mob and clears a whole pack.

I feel like AA's really helped out priests and let the devs polish these rough edges out of the class.
    Rosyposy and Sixgauge like this.
  8. Ghorast Active Member

Oh yes please add dps stance to priests, it would only make my Fury t1 dps in raids
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I'm gonna be the one to remind those/inform those, who are unaware of the stance recklessness and what it did to eq2 and that should be enough to show why healers shouldn't have a dps stance.

If you bring a class, like an inquis, who has good utility and give them a dps stance. There is no reason to now bring a dps class because of what you're gaining from things like tenacity, fanaticism, fanatical devotion, plus the obvious; heals.

Pretty much what happened was I could go in restlessness and become a t1, also tank anything in game in the stance (for awhile) and provide things like combat mastery, brawler avoidance, etc.

It was already pretty close to just bring a fury/inq group instead of another dps class in a mage group towards the end of FG because of how much that inquis/fury combo brought to a group compared to a unbuffed summoner.

Pretty sure a Fury who just dps's by the time the game hits end game will be comparable to a summoner, and bring better buffs to the table. Our fury was outparsing our conj in aoe by the time TSO rolled around, solo healing.
    Zenji likes this.
  10. Kalika Well-Known Member

T
    That was Fallen Gate during which summoners where so broken that there was almost no reason to have them in a raid, unless of course they were good friends or if you wanted Call of the hrero (or may be stoneskins? but utility is not that big)..

That was fallen gate during which my SK could solo yellow ^^^.

That was fallen gate with completely different gear.

When my fury kill even con with no arrow up it takes 2-3 cycle of thunderbolt, wrath, tempest + Heroic opp .. i don t even count the swarm since this level 17 spell does not do much .. On top i sometimes have to heal myself killing non heroic mobs ...

I shoudl check ACT because thunderbolt tooltip says 800-1k damage and it still takes forever to kill anything.

I left live cause it took to my raid warden (using a specific solo dps stamina less-set) 2 to 3 times longer then my necro to run advanced solo ...
  11. Tominator Member

My Warden is 25, and yeah he takes longer to kill stuff than my alts, but, he's a PRIEST! He does fine, I expect a healing class to take longer to kill stuff than other classes. The upside is they can solo much more content because they can HEAL themselves. Yes it takes a bit longer to kill mobs, but, my healer is rarely at risk of dying while soloing just about whatever he wants, while my non-healing alts need to be careful who they pick a fight with.
    Pixistik and Breanna like this.
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

Priests get more DPS when AA unlocks. Doing anything now would 'break them' down the road.

Priest DPS is better than vanilla where the goal of the server is to have things play like it did back in the day.
    Pixistik likes this.
  13. Kleit New Member

And this is why everyone rolls a summoner or a sk. Nobody cares except the priests sitting in town cuz they cant solo.
    Sixgauge likes this.
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

People wanted vanilla feeling, it’s vanilla feeling.
    Priest dps is low.
    That’s also why priests are the less played class.

Maybe duo ? Priests make good duo partnrrs to allow faster pulls with a dps
  15. Kalika Well-Known Member

I don't really see priest becoming broken (more exaclty Over powered), even with more DPS we will not solo Varsoon at 34, in vanilla DoV i could solo some part of The ascent with a mix of best heroic gear/Emode raid gear .. I remember too duoing Giant 2 (was it Velk ?) with my inquisitor friend (shed had HM gear) but i m sure others classes could do it, and like many priests i soloed PR a lot (before they nerfed plat drop) and only priests could do it ... but usually i grabbed my ranger friend to make things faster. Normal Priests have never been OP like crusaders in Fallen gate (solo SKs and paladins could pull 30 normal mobs and win), channeler in FG or Summoners on stormhold.

None of us ask to be able to solo instances or even non named ^^^, we just want to be able to do solo quest at a reasonnable rate.

I just parsed my 30 fury, 167 DPS Zone wide doing Enchanted Land solo quests ..... mob are yellow, no arrow up and some come by 2 (small heroic tag).

Yes we can duo but it's not that practical because people are never on the same step on the quests ..... Note also that i got absolutly nothing running RoV (did 27-30 here as solo healer) so i need the quested armor since it has way more mitigation than my 22 set, and i don t want to pay or to bother our tailor for handcrafted stuff.

Reason to solo are many unless your only goal is raiding, people who rush to 50 and never group outside their guidl are not that many ....
  16. Zenji Well-Known Member

SK's are doing that on Kaladim right now.

A Warden should take 2-3 times longer than a DPS to kill stuff solo.
  17. Zenji Well-Known Member

You can solo as a Priest, it is just slower. As it should be. Classes can not be completely balanced around "how fast can I do a solo quest". This is a MMO, most of the class balancing has/will/should be based around group activities.
    Pixistik likes this.
  18. Vunder Well-Known Member

But it isn't at all. Nobody has the issues priests does when it comes to doing solo quests. We have to depend on groups and groups alone. No other class has to do that. We (core group inguild) rolled all on same day and us priests are the only ones that have not completed town or class quests. I'm stuck myself on my defiler. I don't even want to play at this point as it is group or nothing. Why should we be forced to play another class to do something? We also cannot keep up with dps/tanks during downtime when we are not grouped.

I guess we could tell everyone else if they want heals, roll one and duo with it. That seems to be the advice we get as healers.

I guess if you die we could be like "Oh thats part of the game....deal with it."
    Sixgauge likes this.
  19. Zenji Well-Known Member

Breaking news... some classes solo much faster than others.

Several classes in vanilla solo slowly, it's not that you can't do the solo content, it's just slower. You are not forced to play another class, you are choosing to do so because you want to solo faster. What solo content is there to keep up with? You upset because the Necro or SK does the town quests faster than your Defiler?

If you rolled a healer in vanilla, but want to solo quickly and efficiently. Ya you picked the wrong class.

Except my healers don't let me die because they are salty about soloing slowly compared to a Necro. They were all smart enough to have a decent idea of what to expect from priest soloing in classic.
    Dude likes this.
  20. Breanna Well-Known Member

Even on live the priest kill stuff SO MUCH slower. But hey that is the class, as it should be. I solo with my Mystic all the time and have no issues, except for the 2 minutes it does take to kill things. But I expect it, it has always been that way.
    Pixistik and Zenji like this.