[Suggestion] Clarification of classes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Radi, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Melt Actually plays the game

The penultimate illy player has a prismatic chaos cloak and can click prismatic chaos. Don't try to pretend there's any more to it than that.
  2. Revanu Well-Known Member

Idk if I play. I can’t distort reality from fantasy. The prismatic chaos is too much.
    Breanna and Snikkety like this.
  3. CSP84 Well-Known Member

This is a good example of the problem for the Ranger Community ! All the time we hear Asssaasin T1 and Wizard T1 and then Warlocks, But where is the Ranger Class in your post ?
    Up till today i have not understand why Rangers are not suppose T1 and not have any meaningful Utility.
  4. Jrox Well-Known Member

?? I am not sure if that is a question or a statement. I am unfamiliar with you or your in game name as I wear mine on my forum tag with nothing to hide. But you don't know me or how I play my toon, so how could you possibly just jump to that conclusion without ever having grouped or raided with me? Not that I am great, but you are assuming no one can play an Illy and compete. Which in guilds below the top 5 it happens a lot. So either you are in one of those guilds or you just haven't come across any good Illy's imho.

Just sayin...
  5. Jrox Well-Known Member

I just don't see you log in anymore. Did you swap servers? I think they ninja tweaked the cloak though.
  6. Jrox Well-Known Member

I have played around other Illy's with the cloak. I will assume by your statement, they don't know how to clicky clicky...

In all fairness, in Challenge mode I can put on my Normal cloak and do maybe 1-2bil less per second. So while in regular raids it is a windfall of DPS, in challenge it is not. Then I would again state I believe Illy's and all enchanters in cluding the coercer played and balanced correctly should sit 7-10 on the parse in a raid setting.

Disagree?

Just sayin...
  7. Jrox Well-Known Member

I have always put Rangers in T2 spot with most other scouts. The only T1 right now is Beastlord. Wizzy's are trying that's it though. Swash, Sins and Rangers are all a T2 as far as scouts go. Again, it's just an opinion I was sharing. It may not fit all, but it's how I see it from my perspective.

Just sayin...
  8. Jrox Well-Known Member

I should note, There is one ranger who tends to stay T1 DPS every time I come back to game.
  9. Revanu Well-Known Member

Sins aren’t t1 huh? Yikes
  10. CSP84 Well-Known Member

You have pretty much confirmed what i said. I have heard now reasoning as to why Assasins are suppose to be T1 and better utility and Ranger are T2 with no meaningful utility.
  11. Shadowfoot New Member

Rangers were T1+ 2 years ago with massive passive DPS, Beastlords now have that passive damage and maybe in a few months, BL pets will be reduced back to something else comparative to other pet classes forcing a well played P2W BL back to "T2" and a non P2W BL to T3-4. Its a never ending cycle and part of EQ2 that has never changed which is quite tiresome for most that been around trying to stay competitive.
  12. Revanu Well-Known Member

Oh the nuance of eq2 and how a proposed dps class is entitled to supremacy. These threads are quite the read. Do continue.
  13. Melt Actually plays the game

Without the cloak, they do. I play a troubadour, and I'm the highest parsing non-dps class in my raid (because I have the highest stats. Simple formula,) followed by our 4 chanters and guardian, toss up there. While our utility is below T1 DPS, it's by at the very minimum double, most of them quadruple the dps. When they have their cloaks on, they sit above me, but still below T1.

The statement stands that if you're 3rd on the parse in your raid, you either have 2 DPS classes, or a lot of terrible players. End of story.
    Priority likes this.
  14. Jrox Well-Known Member

I personally have not seen any Sin's that can keep up with Beastlords and Wizards lately. Wizards only since the "Balancing" that was done ha.

Just sayin...
  15. Jrox Well-Known Member

Who do you raid with Snikk? I have a feeling you are in a top tier raiding guild. Not on a level playing field with us mortals... Yea if I walk into one of the P2W top 5 raid guilds I would imagine you are right. But in an average raid guild there are not a ton of P2W players. Typically only a handful and some of those are not DPS players. And if you are not factoring in P2W in this conversation your not doing anyone, or yourself justice.

Just sayin...
  16. Jrox Well-Known Member

I don't think Assassin's or any other Scout/Mage should be equal to the Beastlord. I look at the additional grind the Beastlord gets seated with and feel like they kind of earned the extra boost they get. Again, just my opinion.

Just sayin...
  17. Melt Actually plays the game

I am not in a top 5 guild, nor even a very high end guild. I'm around 190k potency in raids and am the second highest statted, behind one of our dps classes, so pay to win is kinda out of the equation for us. All of our illies have the cloaks and the spots remain consistent.
    The problem that comes in with that is that a stock beastlord can outparse anyone, without any primals. Seriously. They're balanced just terribly at the moment.
  18. Jrox Well-Known Member

Just a thought, maybe its thee Illy's you play with and not my DPS classes then? I mean I think Im pretty decent and have always competed. Something to consider, no?
  19. Jrox Well-Known Member

This is false. Or the scout they are up against is sub par...
  20. Melt Actually plays the game

Feel free to post some of your parses. You'd have to be doing 6 times what my illies are to compete with our dps classes, so if you think you're there...

Then you get onto *me* about making blanket statements...

J U S T S A Y I N