Stuck on some ship

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Shanarias, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Shanarias New Member

Well, I don't think I care too much for this game. There is a great deal that seems like I am assumed to know, and I actually do not. I spent half a day reading FAQs and Tutorials, and I am no closer to being able to stay alive and progressing than I was Thursday. For those who do the Tradeskills, or Crafting, or whatever they call it, this is probably great.

But, I have steadily ground my way to level 12, and have very little to show for it. The paucity of useful drops is amazing, and I have maybe received about 1 silver in loot in all those levels. I like games which reward you for playing them I am not getting that in this one. EQ! is rewarding, as is WOW, but this is less fun without some rewards. It pretty much seems pointless to me.
  2. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Oh well, stuff happens. FYI - my personal favorite spot to start is New Halas / Frostfang Sea, the quests go by real fast and the rewards get incrementally better.

Darklight Wood/Neriak is good too, well, it's evil, but it's good to start there if you're evil too. :D
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Katz Well-Known Member

You need to find a questing buddy! It really makes things better. If you can find a guild that is active, with people in it that are happy to answer questions, you will have a ton more fun.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I LOVE this game, but the learning curve is pretty steep. Hope you find what you are looking for!
  5. Blazen Active Member

Interested to know if OP completed the Queen's Colony series and then on to the areas within Qeynos. Frostfang sea is an excellent area for those already familiar with the game.