Stuck on some ship

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Shanarias, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Shanarias New Member

So last night, I downloaded the game, and made a new character, an Inquisitor I think it was called. Now I have a fast machine and a fat pipe internet connection, and it took 22 minutes just to get to the character "in world". I am on some ship where I can talk to a few people, look at a few treasure chests, and watch a rat walking around, and I can't even hit the rat, as it says the rat is not an enemy.

There is also what looks to be a goblin in a cage on the upper deck, who is a loudmouth, but not targetable. I can find no way off this ship, no way to make any money, and no way to improve my character. Could someone perhaps tell me what I am doing wrong? I am at a loss here, and I hope to hear something that will steer me the right way. I haven't found anything about it in the wikia or the forum.
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I think you need to start talking to the npcs, one will give you a quest. But not sure beyond that, sorry.
    Shanarias likes this.
  3. Shanarias New Member

Thanks for your response. I talked to everyone, and they just said their initial thing, and except for the lady who had her husband thrown overboard, I couldn't get anything about the situation at all. But I will try it. Hopefully it won't take as long to log in this time.
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

5. Blazen Active Member

Talk to the dwarf, open a chest and it should tell you what to do next... You may have to sell something to get a coin from the vendor by the goblin.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  6. Deceidon New Member

Talk to the captain to the start the quest, he's on the upper deck under the sail.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  7. Shanarias New Member

For some reason, the character turned out to be bugged. No quests forthcoming from anyone. I was advised to delete the character. Thanks to those who tried. :)
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  8. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Sorry! Don't lose hope and try again, please!
    Shanarias likes this.
  9. Shanarias New Member

So I made a new Character, and made it to lvl 7 and it was a rather enjoyable experience. I am now in Qeynos and doing quests and exploring. My gathering skill is maxed for the time being, but lag is just horrible. Hopefully when I exchange my modem at Comcast today, it will eliminate the lag. If I don't get better results after that, I will try something else. It is not the computer (I am a retired tech) and this is the last thing I can do on my end.

On the whole, I LOVE the graphics!
    Blazen, Katz and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

welcome to everquest 2!! sounds like you started on the original start up for that first character, sorry it was bugged for you . but now that you are in, sounds like you may have chosen to stream as opposed to a full download , the streaming function has always been a bit laggy , I suggest you bite the bullet and do the full download which will take a few hours to complete but will cut your lag for all future play , there are some check boxes .. somewhere for this but I've run on full download for so long I don't remember where to find them , but I bet daybreak or some other player does 8) .
    good luck, have fun and once again welcome to the world of norrath
    Shanarias and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Carynn Well-Known Member

Download is on launcher > little tool button under load/progress line. This takes you to the options.
    Shanarias and Rosyposy like this.
  12. yuiop Member

It's probably the streaming thing but...
    If its the type of lag from low FPS (hit F11 this will bring that window up) and try switching from windowed-mode to full-mode and then back again (Alt+Enter does this)...or vice versa.
    This will often double or triple my FPS.
    If this doesn't improve anything you lose nothing, so it's worth a shot.

Also try to remember this is an older game; it doesn't necessarily matter if your comp is over qualified for it.
    Most people's computers and internet should burn this thing up by now, but sadly a lot still have problems. :(
    Shanarias likes this.
  13. yuiop Member

OH...And Welcome to EQ2!
    Shanarias likes this.
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Welcome to Norrath!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  15. Meneltel Well-Known Member

*waves*
  16. Shanarias New Member

Well, sadly, I did all that, and the first time I zoned back into Qeynos, I received a fatal error that ended up being unrecoverable. I ended up uninstalling the game, and playing EQ1, which I came back to about 6 weeks ago. I would like to thank everyone who tried to help...seriously, you guys here rock. And wherever she is, I want to thank Softtouch for trying to help as well.

Peace.
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

[quote="Shanarias, post: 6498113, member: 726207" I ended up uninstalling the game, and playing EQ1, which I came back to about 6 weeks ago.[/quote]

Well,Welcome Back to Norrath 500 years in the past!
    Meneltel likes this.
  18. Iglu Active Member

The art/graphic team in EQ2 do really deliver a magically world. I hope you can keep playing as you are in for a treat in some of the higher level zones.
  19. Shanarias New Member

OK, so I uninstalled the game. Then I dug out my old Discs that I bought in 2003, and ran those, and it couldn't work the launchpad. But, without uninstalling that version, in downloaded from the current installer. From the time I clicked install, to the Character Select screen was something like five minutes. Then I ate dinner, and let the rest of it download. Went from 7 to 12 on the new guy. Awesome!
  20. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Woohoo! I hope you love the game and stay and play with us!