Stingy PQ bosses since Tuesday's patch?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rarkevan, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Sadus Member

Thank you for the feedback. However, would it be possible for you to explain to me why an adjustment of the droprates was necessary after almost 2 months? Aren't there more important issues in the game? I want to have fun in Everquest. But almost every design decision in the last weeks brings me one step closer to quitting. I can't understand that kind of thinking.
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I agree with Errrorr; I'd like to see the actual projected numbers so I can make an educated decision on whether it's worth my time. This is not a criticism in any fashion. I only have so many hours in the day and I'm disinclined to spend it in activities that don't generate adequate return for my effort.

Put another way, how would DPG employees react to the owners saying, "We're going to be making some payroll adjustments in the future. Some of you will be making a tad more; some of you will be making a tad less." You'd be less than human if you didn't want to know the specifics---especially if you might be in the "tad less" group, haha.
    Breanna, Wulfgyr and Zynt like this.
  3. Moss Well-Known Member

I read in this thread that the drop rate was way too high and need to be adjusted down... and I fell ... almost insulted when I see how many PQs I had to do to drop my first celestial (doing only the one that had a chance to drop them), but I know ... RNG.

+1 to uncessary change after months, a change that will only slow down casual and returning players that are needing the extra resolve and will not be able to run them anymore because of the lack of players

+1 to sell rewards for currencies for the unlucky players, you should also consider to put a pity system in some part of the game
  4. Argent Active Member

IMO, others clearly disagree, the drop rate should not have been as high as it was, and while there should be fair rewards for a large group of people coming together to defeat a mob, it's crazy to me that the "just stand there and press random keys" with little fear of failure PQs are/were rewarding items better and with more frequently than the good items in Vex Thal, which actually requires skill.
  5. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

^This.

I am a casual and I have been the biggest cheerleader for PQs on the forums (2-3 threads on the subject) but Celestial items to fill every slot has not felt right.

I liked PQs because of the limited chase loot: Brilliant Earring of Alliance (CD), Dragonsoul items (Dragon Attack), and Horseman's Hallow (HH 2020).

We ought to have a few BiS all/all chase loot with a low drop rate (but, perhaps, tradable) to bring the community together but not the saturation that would upset raiders and contribute to mud-flation. Also, CD's Wind/Water PQs were able to maintain relevance because of 'Celestial Doctrine'; perhaps, linking a major quest to each expansion's PQs (mount or spell upgrades) could help keep up interest.
  6. Incendia New Member

This concept of raids should be the only way to get the best gear is so dated and counterproductive. Most MMOs today have multiple ways to achieve BiS gear; raid, solo, casual, group, etc. It creates a way more cohesive player community and game interaction ability.

The biggest problem with this game is, by the time a non-raider can actually group or do anything aside from running solos, the content is dead and/or worthless because the gear is handed out for free from the panda. If your going to give it out for free to everyone in June, why not let everyone earn it now?

There were hundreds of people running PQ and playing the game before all this happened. It’s been dead all week, this should tell you something. Your customers want a casual path.
  7. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I think it's too late now, the horse has bolted. I can't see the interest in PQ's returning. I hope I'm wrong.
    Schortt likes this.
  8. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

From my understanding, MMOs that let you attain BiS gear as a casual (solo) rely on RNG (fractions of a percent global chase drop). If you want to guarantee yourself raid-level or BiS gear, you have to raid.

The issue is everyone was "spoiled" by the Celestial gear from RoS PQs (some people were probably outfitting their alts by now) so that the mistaken drop rate has generated this outcry. If people gain Celestial items for all slots, then PQs will inevitably die off (shorter term gains) and the raid game is undermined. On the other hand, if they "fix it" now (adjust the drop rate to a sweet spot), they can still generate long term interest in PQs and not undermine the raid game.

Longer term, there should be a more standardized and solid T2/T3 solo gear to more easily meet Heroic requirements. But, PQs should allow for a few or handful of very rare BiS chase rewards.
  9. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

The only issue is that once again they reduced the chances and ways to get gear to allow people to catch up. They've been doing that for awhile now. This is not new. Remember when they switched the achievement rune from red to blue last year?

It's always the same, tired line. "This was unintended" <------- That's a lie. Although I need to remember to not attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance.

Lag isn't going to get better either. Y'all are in an abusive relationship.
    Wulfgyr, Tkia and Argosunited like this.
  10. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Ok the drop rate (which is basically zero atm) is going up a tad. Fine. How about giving some variety to the loot tables? No I don't expect raid gear to drop but how about the recipes that only can be had from heroic/raid? Also patterns maybe? Maybe the rare odd mat? A bigger variety of rewards would make doing PQ's more attractive.
    Argosunited likes this.
  11. Schortt Active Member

You know the PQ that had it right was the one that happened in Fens like 4-5 years ago. Can't remember the item anymore, but it wasnt super common to get. Think it was a belt or a cloak. Probably were they have now set the loot drop for the current pq's. The problem isnt the current drop rate, its the rug being pulled out from under you after 1/6 th of the life of the expac.

I agree the damage is done. You could put it back to were it wasn't suppose to be and you have seriously damaged your brand already. No change will fix that now.

I personally already stopped doing PQs maybe 2 weeks ago. The Lag has been so horrible and I am a raider and have already passed the need for those items. But the shear number of people doing PQs until this week, tells you something, since they cant sell or trade the Celestials. They need that drop rate to be where it was at in order to manage the difficulties of heroic zones. Also, lets not forget the Alts. Because the population is where its at, people need alts to fill heroics, so this decision also effected that.

If anything needed to be fixed it was that time sink of shadow harvesting for those dang rares. Every 2 hours you get 30 second to harvest for something that is horrible unlikely to get. I already want to give up, havent even seen one drop. And done over 20 harvests. Which is now where near what some people have put in. But i dont want to hijink this thread.

The damage is done, good luck fixing that PR team. No sarcasm, because i really hope you can. I want people to love this game and play with me..
    Amybelle, Argosunited and Zynt like this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Au contraire. People move them over to IoR and sell them Just Fine.
  13. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Pretty much all the Celestials on IoR broker are from IoR residents. Prices have skyrocketed now the drop rate is near zero.
    Participation in PQ's on IoR is also now zero and there's a lot less players logging in.

Reducing the drop rate now is nothing short of stupid. Players that still need them are now crap out of luck.

And yes it's exactly like them swapping the Rage rune last expansion from red to blue. I don't know why they take so much pleasure in infuriating players. RoS seems to be getting rid of more players than BoL did, and that's saying something.

Also they obviously decreased the PQ Celestial drop rate last update, so why wasn't it in update notes? Again I'll ask, where is the transparency?
    Sigrdrifa, Randalph and Zynt like this.
  14. Randalph EQ2Wire Ambassador

Can we get some numbers on the drop rate in the hotfix please? If its not gonna be like what it used to be, which was pretty insane to begin with are we talking half of what it used to or 75%?

Celestials in RoS was the only way people could get enough potency and resolve as returning players without having to level familiars, mounts to insane levels and changing this after 16% of an expansions life span has already gone is just absolutely unfair to anyone that just got on board after the holidays or didnt rush to get their alts decked out.

With this change you are forcing people into getting carried by friends if they want to do any group content and I think the damage has already been done. Hardly anyone is looking for PQs anymore on HoF and you are lucky to see a single heroic PUG that is looking for a healer DAILY.

When can we expect the hotfix to hit the servers?
    Argosunited and Zynt like this.
  15. Noxnoctis New Member

Drop rate needs to go back to what it was period. Someone decided that a minority of try-hards complaining pq loot was unbalance after im sure they geared up was more important than 99% of the player base. The arrogance of this reply is an insult to the playerbase. It was not a mistake, it was intended as an attempt to hook people on something to keep them focused away from obviously broken heroic content. You must think we are a bunch of morons.

How about you post exact percentages because pqs are DEAD right now and we have 100s of other games and things we can spend our awesome locked in house pandemic time doing.
    Amybelle likes this.
  16. Virtuosity Active Member

I finished the sig line on my 6th toon around Christmas. Since the beginning of January I ran PQs whenever I was online in game and not raiding, challenge heroic or heroics ... across my toons somewhere between 10 and 70 each day with most days being around the 50 mark; depending on my real world commitments that day (working from home, home schooling the kids, etc, etc) and I categorically guarantee that the drop rate was nowhere near that for me. I got 2 x charms, 1 x neck and 4 x 1 hander. For an entire month averaging around 50 times a day (although this did drop towards the end of January), 7 drops does not equal a high rate. RNG has always been something I dislike but accept, but having read your post, I now dislike it even more.

I am an eternal optimist and always look for the silver lining ... so on the plus side, I now know there is no point whatsoever in me doing PQs any more so I have some time back for other stuff.
  17. Luciano Member

All this issue is missing concept in ROS.
    I would like ti suggest how it should look:
    Solo stuff gear should be good for PQs and smooth solos
    Solos should have chance for 220-225 rare drop from last boss to be option for pq grind.
    PQ should drop mainly 220 gear patterns and recipes (experimentables) with rare chance for T10+ recipe (to atract geared players)
    Heroics should be doable with 220 pattern gear (and they are) and drop 230-235 gear with rare chance for celestial or other unique item from last boss (to be attractive even for raiders)

This call RPG, ppl shall think that devs know that.....
    Is it really that hard to invent 20 more unique items for last bosses? some extra fervor or CB proc will be just fine, but even AOE prevent proc, accuracy/strikethrouh proc will be fine... there are no limits for invention.....
    Cmon, do something to save this game....
  18. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I don't know how I missed this before but thanks for the laughs.
    They claim Celestials dropped at the same rate as commons? Really? We're the ones playing this game, obviously not the devs, so why must they insult our intelligence.

I have to admit my luck is pretty crap, but I can honestly say a celestial for me was the 1%, it may of even been less.
    And let's face it, it lacking from the patch notes was them hoping no one would notice.
    Amybelle, Wulfgyr and Zynt like this.
  19. Gelenor Well-Known Member

OMG Benito.. PIck a fight you are actually involved in. What do you mean non-vis with face and shoulder? There is no face slot in EQ2, that's EQ1 and shoulders are visible in Eq2. You comment about raiders makes no sense. . Your attempt to remain relevant in EQ2 after a dev posts is embarrassing . You are dog with no fight in this matter, yet you try to maintain the loudest bark., Give it up please!
    Argosunited, Wulfgyr and Zynt like this.
  20. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Shoulders and face? All/all?

Bro, do you even EQ2?
    Wulfgyr likes this.