Stingy PQ bosses since Tuesday's patch?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rarkevan, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Rarkevan Active Member

Ever since Tuesday's patch, over 60 PQ's done in Echo, Weald and Thicket, and no more good loot drops.
    What gives, did you dial down the drop percentage?

We have been discussing this in general chat on the servers, no one I have talked to or heard from has had anything but the standard average loot drop since Tuesday.

Really sad for those of us who finished RoS timeline just a week ago and had been looking forward to these pq's too.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Random is random, alas. It doesn't keep track of what you have or have not gotten before. Randomness means that sometimes you will get streaks of getting essentially bupkus, and then some other dude will get three Celestials in a row.

I still believe that sacrificing a chicken on the keyboard is the best bet. I've killed this same rubber chicken so many times I can't even count (because killing a live chicken and having to clean the result out of the keys... just eewww!).
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  3. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I've also heard the PQ's are not giving up the goodies right now. Tbh though, the loot is far too good for something you can get a reward for just hitting auto attack and going afk. Kill it with fire as far as I'm concerned.
  4. Smashey Well-Known Member

I have noticed both a longer respawn timer for PQs and zero good rewards from the actual PQs and I have been doing nothing but PQs for 15 hours since Tuesday.

I did notice they added celestial gear to the status merchant crate now though, so I wonder if they changed it.
    WhysperWynde and Rarkevan like this.
  5. Noxnoctis New Member

I have a sneaking suspicion they killed it across the board because vocal minority couldn't handle casuals getting decent gear without signing their lives away or whaling it up. Been asking all over about the stuff in the crates/advance solo and heroics and nothing is dropping. Just put the damn things on the vendor for coins.
  6. Argosunited Well-Known Member

RIP PQ's. I guess they had to put a stop to the fun somehow.
  7. Rarkevan Active Member

Man, that's just sad.
    Can a dev confirm any of this please, and just be honest with us?
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  8. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Also today has been ridiculous. Adds out the wazoo and with a full raid killing them as fast as they could, they could NOT keep up. This went on all day in several zones and mobs. I don't know what changed but IT changed and not for the good.
    Rarkevan likes this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'd expect that not as many people were helping burn the adds as you think there were. Some people just haven't caught the clue that in all of the PQs, the adds have to be burned.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  10. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Usually there's enough aoe dps that the adds are inconsequential so I don't think many people realize.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  11. Rarkevan Active Member

On Maj'Dul tonight, the Turtle PQ tonight, instead of giving Bazaar crowns and 215 Resolve loot, gave 4 copper and 205 resolve loot, despite full participation in raid from the start of the PQ, to several of us. It did give full status exp.

Sigh.
    AOE1 likes this.
  12. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Tanto said"I've also heard the PQ's are not giving up the goodies right now. Tbh though, the loot is far too good for something you can get a reward for just hitting auto attack and going afk. Kill it with fire as far as I'm concerned". Celestial is somewhat worse than Fabled at least as far as resolve is concerned. Hardly getting raid level drops from PQ's
  13. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Did notice the Fabled that is now in the Currency NPC in Bizarre now does have worst stats than Celestial. So disregard my original post
  14. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Resolve becomes irrelevant very quickly. The increased potency and crit bonus on the infusable PQ items makes them superior to higher resolve raid drops in a lot of cases.
  15. Smashey Well-Known Member

Dreamweaver is this something you can have a look at? I Now spent 22 hours since the latest update, buying crates every 5th hour and doing nothing but PQs and I gotten nada on my alt wizard.
  16. Anfis Member

im glad some of you get rewards from the pqs but ive done them since launch and got 1 pair of shoulders...and then the merchant that allways give me a tank wrist think im at 9-10 of the same items in a row!~
  17. AOE1 Well-Known Member

You suspect wrong. We were ALL burning the adds, they multiplied faster than usual. This happened on various mobs in different zones. Several full raids evac'd because the adds spawned so often and so many it was not controllable. The raid was full of raiders and everyone was aware and working on this so don't 'suspect' so fast please. We are NOT all new at this game.
  18. AOE1 Well-Known Member

That happened on two different mobs. One the turtle and forgot what the other was. I was THERE. It was a strange night in Maj'Dul for pq's
  19. Niptuck New Member

Since celestials are no longer dropping from PQs, can we have a vendor to trade the shoulders to the type we can use?
    Breezie likes this.
  20. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Is this going to be fixed? Is anyone from DBG going to comment on it?
    Players have pretty much stopped doing the PQ's, and the game has returned to single player mode.
    Sheriane and Zynt like this.