stat inflation - leaving orbit

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Berg, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Ucala Well-Known Member

one of the devs already mentioned that bristlebanes cloaks should still be one of the best dps cloaks in the game after expac (he did mention that new cloaks will have more CC, so if you need the CC, you need a new cloak, but if not, then BB cloak wins)
  2. Wurm Well-Known Member

How long did it take? How many times did you die? Soloing current Heroics is something we've had people complaining about for a long time (remember the SF Library nerf). I'd hate to see yet another nerf regardless that Chelsith is one of the easiest heroic instances in current content ATM.

*edit* A lot easier than DC for sure.
  3. Quabi Active Member

It took maybe 3 hours the first time through merc-less. I was a tad short on DPS for the Taskmaster encounter (one of them heals...who knew?!), but I kept trying to beat it anyway before finally giving in and reforging for Strikethrough. After that, it was pretty easy, but it still took me another hour or so to finish the zone from that point.

I did it again with the Paladin CE merc, and it was surprisingly quick and easy. I had never bothered with mercs at level 95 before because I thought they sucked...It took 75 minutes, but that was with bad reforging and a couple breaks.

I "molo'd" DC just for comparison after seeing your post. It only took about 50 minutes, and that was with some struggles figuring out how to not pull the entire zone (and a wipe on Captain Goldclaw because I didn't move when he glared at my merc, heh). I could honestly handle 2-3 trash encounters pretty easily, but things got dicey at 4+.

After these little experiments, I really don't see how anyone can argue that the rewards for this content should not become obsolete very early in ToV.
  4. Regolas Well-Known Member

Geez I don't know how to say it differently but most have missed my point.

CoE loot should be weaker than ToV. No questions or else the main reason of an xpac is not there.

But, by doing a stat overhaul at L95 gear, and not backdating all L95 gear so they're in line with this stat change, will result in completely ignored content.

Some people think that's fine. But I think that if content is designed for max level, even if it's a year old, it shouldn't be worthless.

I don't know how many of the 8 dungeons in ToV will have raid versions, but I hope it's most of them because there will be no point going back to an old CoE HM mob that you just couldn't kill consistently, because the gear that drops will be worse than your ToV solo questline stuff.

Someone who has just dinged 95 in skyshrine. There's tons of 95 content to gear up, but don't bother even looking at the xpac content from a year ago, its loot is crappy. Your only choice is ToV
  5. Kalika Well-Known Member

Wondering what is your equipment, mine is rather initial and i cannot kill one of the boss solo since he self heal.
    I cannot intereput either (warden don't have any).I evaluate the dps needed around 200-300k.

I was there with level 92 friends (i did half of the damage) and we had around 250K, it was not really fast.

On the hps side it's rather trivial, at tome point we probably got 4+ encounters + a boss and I could heal through that.

I tried rujark upstair, but vitia could not keep agro off me. I will try the paladin, with amend he may hold agro.