stat inflation - leaving orbit

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Berg, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Berg Member

Hi everyone,

Now all guessing has an end with the new DMP items!

774 sta 380 str/agi/int - that's a complete new universe!

What does everyone think of it? Kind of frustrating that 90℅(for most of us 100℅) of the previous gear is for appearance only (I know I know it has always been like that... still major frustration).

Berg
    Everdog likes this.
  2. Mae- Well-Known Member

Some of those items just seem... broken. I don't know how reliable they can possibly be. Look at the robe options for example.
  3. Wolen New Member

They aren't broken. This is supposed to be inline with ToV gear.
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

not really a stat inflation, more like just an HP inflation. welcome to this expac where people will now probably have like 150-200k hp
  5. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Omg! That much of increase in stats? Is it some sort of a joke?
  6. Mae- Well-Known Member

Since we have no idea what TOV gear looks like, why are you in the assumption that it's correct? It could very well be bugged, but you wouldn't know as you have nothing to truly compare it to. Just looking at some of the pieces, some fall much more in line with coming upgrades, but some are so completely out of left field, I just don't think they're correct.
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

EQ2U Item links would be appreciated. ;)
    Avianna likes this.
  8. Chronus Active Member

I believe they are currently Unknown Item#xxxxxxx or something, because they aren't showing up.

A robe with 380int/sta and 38.8% crit bonus and potency is just like... dudes. Avatar robe going in the appearance slot time it is, /sigh.
  9. Wolen New Member

Mae-, because they told use the DMP items were supposed to be inline with ToV. I don't see the numbers being changed at all.
  10. Xelgad Developer

Correct, Health will be increasing by an extraordinary amount in ToV. There are a lot of good reasons for this, but I don't want to get into it too much here. We can discuss it more and get your feedback in ToV Beta.

Aside from Health, these breastplates really aren't off the charts. Our old itemization system spread power gains across a lot of stats as well as procs and special effects. You might get 0.6% more CB/potency/etc and a generic crit bonus proc on an upgrade. Not exactly anything to get excited about, but it all added up to make your character a lot more powerful. The power gap grew very quickly, but at the same time, individual upgrades rarely felt very significant.

With the new system, we're trying to focus the upgrades in specific areas on each slot so that you can more easily see how much power you are gaining. The gap between someone in average ToV gear and top-end ToV gear will be no bigger than it is now (it should actually be smaller), but the individual upgrades will hopefully feel much more significant.

Lastly, you cannot really extrapolate the gains in these BPs to other slots. In ToV, different slots will provide different amounts of power. For example, forearm armor provides less than half as much power as BP armor. This allows us to tailor the rewards better to the content - a greater accomplishment can drop a more powerful slot, not just a higher tier. Additionally, it will allow you some granularity when mixing and matching your armor. For example, if you want to add just a little bit of health to your set of armor, you can use a forearm slot.
    Gash, Larsenex, Ucala and 2 others like this.
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

Tanks already have 100-120K So they probably will be tickling the 200K range more than likely, as you listed with your upper limiter. It would make sense since the easiest way to increase difficulty is to pump damage into enemies, which require more HP/Mit/Resist.
  12. Feldon Well-Known Member

13. Ucala Well-Known Member

some weapons will break the mold? I guess I missed that
    either way I am all ready for the expac, did the channeler quest (short). checked out the new djinn loot, like I said the stats itself wasn't a big boost (as it should be), but the HP is huge, but with the change of how heals works I feel that HP should change too, just the way it goes
  14. Kray New Member

Well, if we are doubling HP's and incoming damage, doesn't that just mean we are halving the effectiveness of existing heals? Will healing see the same boost somehow, or are we changing the dynamic of game? I kind of like the idea actually. Right now, a HOT tick is a full heal or close enough ... and ward's are about keeping the tank at 100%. If we inflate the health pool and adjust damage, I could see fights where healers are struggling to top off the tank. Right now, MT is at 100% .. bang, some event happens .... if you all survive, MT is back to %100 in a tick. Imagine a fight where healers are struggling to top off the tank, where the tank is slowly going down in health ... 90% .... 70% .... 50% .... <stone skin> healers get a break to top the tank off.

I'm rambling, probably sounds stupid.
    Gash likes this.
  15. Kray New Member

...... and I assume Lifeburn is getting tweaked as well.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Here's an example. I think the itemization is insanely too high.

[IMG]
  17. Kalika Well-Known Member

It would have been rather a good idea to enforce a gear reset, there are many ways to do that.
    Stat inflation broke almost every aspect on the game (AAs, buf, class balance ....).
  18. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I'm sure if you wait till Beta opens, you'll see a lot of changes have probably been thought out.
    Quabi likes this.
  19. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Very smart, this will entice people to buy ToV. of course only about 250 people world wide will ever see those I'm guessing.
  20. Griffinhart Member

Has any thought been put to how this will affect abilities like Lifeburn vs Manaburn?