Spell Reuse

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by slippery, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Toran Member

Then why would you comment on something you don't know about or have a vague understanding of? I don't understand why people do that...

I agree Consolidate and create sub-forums. Why didn't you guys at the very least mirror the old forums in forum structure?

Don't get me started on JC/RoA; Just think how I feel when I see these going to the MT or OT all the time!
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Two edged sword there... what are you going to give the toons that now have useless buffs?
  3. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Well, if we're just talking reuse you can merge spell reuse into ability reuse then restrict all Mage/priest gear so scouts can't use it while making roa/jcap group target buffs instead of single target buffs like was done with the Druid buffs.
  4. Erszebeth Active Member

Jcapp would still be useful provided the troub specs for the proc on it, which is a healthy damage proc boosted by pot/cb with a 50% proc rate. UT still useful because the biggest reason anyone wants it is for the 2 extra tics to all HoTs/DoTs/etc.; as for RoA...just gives shaman's something else to spend that AA on.
  5. slippery Well-Known Member

RoA can get a damage/heal proc via prestige
  6. Erszebeth Active Member

Well...see...slippery with the win....consolidate this crap, give everyone the cast/reuse cap equally available. It just makes sense at this point.
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

Truncated the post a bit to address this. I have played scouts specifically Assassin and Dirge up to level 60. I know a little about them and that yes reuse is important to them as it is to everyone. My implication or preconception was that scouts were at lower Reuse Speeds compared to tanks/mages due to the ratio of the damage they deal. If my idea of this was false then I thank you for correcting me. Posting about things you know only a bit about can be a great method to learn new things for yourself to later provide more accurate thoughts on classes.

Edit: By the time I remembered I had not mentioned my two scout alts the "edit post" timer had expired so I decided to let mistakes rest.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

I suspect the primary reason this hasn't happened is the level of effort, and the resulting need to re-run the itemizer on all loot again.

That does not mean that it isn't the right idea, and the right thing to do, it just means I doubt it could happen Soon(tm).

All in all, it would be super keen if SoE actually commented with their thoughts on the issue, though I'm sure they will not.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Your probably right Atan, a number of things that would be great changes by today's mechanical expectations are probably extremely hard given EQ2's 7 year old base-code.
  10. The-Plethora Active Member

I agree this needs to be merged, I play a defiler on a second account and whilst I have a couple of combat arts that would be better served by ability reuse I randomly had much more spell reuse so it made sense to reforge everything into that to get to 100%. Problem is if something already has something like 5% ability reuse already on it then you don't seem to be able to add any more.
  11. Kisy Active Member

Reuse is reuse... why should it be split between ability and spell...

Also as a side note... why is it when you reforge something you still keep a small amount of the original stat.... for instance. If I reforge spell double attack for multi attack, then why is that I still keep some % of the spell double attack with the bar slide all the way over? I obviously don't want that stat, which is why I'm getting rid of it, so why do I still have some of it? Why can't it just go to 0?
  12. Estred Well-Known Member

Possibly to make sure the original stat table of the gear is maintained so when you unreforge the conversion is easier to undo. I am just speculating based on limited knowledge of coding.
  13. Kisy Active Member

Well that sounds as good as anything. I know JACK DITTLEY SQUAT about coding, so this sounds as good of a reason as any.

Its just one of those things that kind of bug me, unless I have a why reason. /shrug go figure.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

Ironically enough, Odus came out, the got rid of spell reuse on gear and made everything ability reuse... but when DoV came out, the ressurrected spell reuse.
    Personally, I think spell reuse and ability reuse should be merged.. I also thing all the spell weapon auto attack <stuff> should be merged into regular auto attack stuff as well. Fighters and scouts use the same stats for their ranged and melee auto attack.. priests and mages are SoL, having to load up on both. And, yes, I realize that in it's current state spell auto attack is nearly useless.. but on the fights where I'm force to range, I'd like to at least get something resembling dps out of the stupid ranged spell auto attack.. instead I go from 40-55% of my damage from melee auto attack to being lucky to hit 5% of my dps.. and that's WITH losing all my melee procs since I have to stay ranged.
  15. Harzel New Member

Two things that would take very little effort are to change the (white) Recovery adorns to be Ability Reuse instead of Spell Reuse and allow reforging to produce Ability Reuse.
    Silzin likes this.
  16. Malachi New Member

this. bump.

Any comment from SOE, please? Is this even on your radar?
  17. Estred Well-Known Member

Amazing how the original topic can get off topic. Even I was guilty of that this time. Spell Reuse should only be merged if you can't reforge for it. iirc you can currently reforge Spell Reuse (not on atm so I can't check).
  18. Twyxx Well-Known Member

You realize you have 5% of the total posts on Everquest 2 forums? If you don't know what you're talking about on the subject you don't have to post.
  19. Dinwiz Active Member

lol 1600+ posts already god damn Estred
  20. Estred Well-Known Member

I will admit I sometimes forget what the OP as about. We are all flawed at times. I do try to offer constructive points to topics or pages discussions. Frequently a topic lives past the point the question has been answered and it just continues onto other topics. I also tend to not post on Mage/Priest/Scout threads because the are outside of my knowledge base.

Most of my posts are in Look and Feel, General Discussion, the new players thread and a bit on PvP. Least last time I checked. The frequency of posts simply depends on how often I feel I may offer something to a thread. Many times I am simply responding to someone who quoted me, just as you have. On days like today where I have nothing to do, I take breaks from my work to just read some threads.

Edit: As to that last post, that was my more trying to restate the OP for those who read this page. Nothing more really other than a conception that since I do not have EQ2 open, I could not verify. Would you rather I post false information? Well back to work.