Spell Reuse

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by slippery, Nov 15, 2012.

1. slippery Well-Known Member

Can we please just merge Spell Reuse and Ability Reuse? Spell Reuse doesn't even work on everything mages do, let alone priests. It really needs to go and should just be Ability Reuse. It really stinks to see stuff that might have been good but then you have that stat that is half wasted. Mages and Priests both get get CA's and Abilities that don't gain any benefit from Spell Reuse, please putting it on things
    Rael, Glassjaw, Phia and 3 others like this.
  2. Vinyard Active Member

How about just less blue stats overall? It's exceedingly annoying the amount of inflation on items
    Mycenia likes this.
  3. Liav Well-Known Member

Idk why this thread hasn't been responded to more.

Having these two separate stats feels archaic with the current system.
  4. slippery Well-Known Member

Because only having General gameplay to talk about 90% of the game means everything gets completely buried.
  5. Liav Well-Known Member

Oh ya, forgot about that.
  6. slippery Well-Known Member

Sooooooo. Please?
  7. Kwikdeath Active Member

+1, they are both overwhelmingly easy to cap (for mages and priests) at this point and spell reuse is redundant when you have ability reuse capped. Would be nice to give scouts some ability reuse on their items tho, as we're the only ones with incredibly low reuse... Either way spell reuse is not needed anymore with the crazy amount of ability reuse on most items.
  8. Liav Well-Known Member

Bump.

Please for the love of god add some more sub-forums, so that threads like this don't get buried under mounds of idiocy.
  9. Luhai Active Member

I agree, merge spell reuse with ability reuse. (Although it's funny to see a monk running around with spell reuse adornments). And add those subforums already.
  10. Erszebeth Active Member

+1000000000
    and put some ability reuse on scout/fighter gear PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF THE GODS OF NORRATH...even mages and priests can cap out their meelee stats, why can't fighters/priests cap out their reuse too? makes no sense.
    Kisy likes this.
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

probably because that would skew damage on scouts. Though not too sure on Fighters I already breach 100% reuse speed but that's because i still use Perpetual Flow. For the love of GOD we need subforums I am trying to keep active on topics but it is really hard to track them down with only the "whats new" menu to help me.
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

Yes please, we need freaking subforums.

Also I agree these stats should be consolidated, its too confusing to clearly see which abilities are affected by what reuse.

I'm not saying I can't figure it out, I'm saying its exceedingly difficult for me to explain it to other players. It shouldn't be this difficult.

Where is Rothgar, he championed removing unnecessary obsufication!
  13. Foretold Well-Known Member

As a melee priest, I find spell reuse particularly handy... for reforging into other stats I can use...
    Kraeref and Tylia like this.
  14. Phia Member

/signed
  15. slippery Well-Known Member

This is also the main problem with the spell auto attack stats. They reforge too well while doing too little for your dps. Their main purpose is to reforge in to pretty much anything else at all. They really should be merged with the melee stats (and spell auto hit rate should be determined by Disruption, not Focus)
  16. Buffrat Well-Known Member

No it wouldn't. Scouts already cap reuse in raids, we just need to rely on buffs to do it (roa, jcap, berserker rw, etc). Fighters stack spell reuse via adorning/reforging for their defensive temps since they don't get these temps.
  17. Mae- Well-Known Member

/signed....

Having spell stats that mirror exactly melee stats is silly. Just itemize appropriately and apply it to both ranged and melee dmg, just like you did ... oh i dunno, 3 years ago when you merged ranged bow stats into melee stats.
    Atan likes this.
  18. Estred Well-Known Member

Thanks for the verification there buff, I don't play scouts myself so their difficulties are unfamiliar to me.
  19. Ebofu Active Member

20. Twyxx Well-Known Member

It would help even out the disparity between the haves and have-nots for buffs a bit if scouts are able to get their own reuse. Buffs, including roa/jcap, are increasingly important to the point where a t1 with the buffs can double the dps of a similarly skilled t1 without them. I know this is getting off-topic a but but the more you can do to even out the buffs and level the playing field the more fun raiding is for more than just the one or two players that soak up all the buffs. Less importance on single-target buffs like bolster/jcap/roa please.