Spectral Residue

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Gnomad_Madgon, Jan 1, 2014.

1. ElectricPotato Active Member

I was under the impression that each of the specific space capsule characters had a fixed drop. IE, you kill the coldain guy, you get the same drop as every past time you killed the coldain guy, every Confessor Yonbry drops the same thing, and so forth.

1. Are you unhappy with the distribution of bosses you spawn?
    2. Do you want the bosses to have a common loot table with a roll instead of fixed drops for specific bosses?
  2. Caith Developer

Correct, each of the Ancestral Champion's has a specific drop, and the likelihood to get a specific champion is controlled by what zone you are in.
    ElectricPotato and Koko like this.
  3. Rainmare Well-Known Member

personally I would rather have the loot table be spread among the bosses. in all the kills we've had, we've gotten pretty much NOTHING but those globes. I'd much prefer blade fragments to those globes, adn no, those temp adorns I don't find very useful. 5 critbonus and a slew of recover/casting/reuse that are worthless. I'd rather have the arrows, thanks. we've almost gotten to a point that if it's a master chest, we'd just leave it to rot since we know what's in it is pointless to have.

as to broker costs on Oasis:

Orb = 30p
    residue = 150p
    fragment = 300p+

we're flooded in orbs..which obviously very few if any people are using...while everyone is jumping on the arrows/food/drinks
  4. Sylke Well-Known Member

I love the temp adorns. That's an extra 15% Reuse/Cast/Recover you can reforge. I'm not saying I wouldn't love more of the other drops, just that the adorns are very nice too.
  5. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

I was not aware of that, it always seemed so random to me. I guess I did not pay enough attention. I rushed to the conclusion that they shared a loot table. Its odd that the one material that is fabled is much more common, I was sure that had to be some sort of mistake. Thank you for clearing that up.
  6. ElectricPotato Active Member

Ah, so maybe the ones that drop the valued "Undead Peptobismals" could be better found in another castle. If you find a space capsule that has a high chance of the precious pink goo, posty, whether it be in ToFS, CoE, Kael, etc. We eat that zone alive until we've got pink goo dripping from all our orifices.

Now, I had a group fighting the coldain champion, he went immune to fighters/scouts and then memwiped. Bleeash! Itted be super nice if the immunites were only to mages instead of mage/priest and just scouts instead of fighter/scouts.
  7. Spira Member

I fail to see how that even remotely addresses the drop-rate and yield which is our main concern in this thread.
    90% of the time (not an accurate number, but you get the idea) we get the fabled drop anyway, regardless of champion.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

That's actually part of the problem with the temp adorns.. if you use them so you don't have to reforge/adorn, then you HAVE to use them 100% of the time or be low on vital stats. If you do reforge/adorn to meet the stats alll the time, the temp adorn are mostly useless.
  9. Sylke Well-Known Member

I just use them when I need to be at maximum effectiveness (ie harder heroic content and raids), but that's somewhat semantic. So, I agree. If you reforge with them in mind, then you have to use them to be at 100% effectiveness. I also reforge based on the normal group/raid buffs I have during raid. Outside of raids, I'm quite often not at the caps for many of my stats, and that's ok (for me). I choose to take advantage of these adorns to allow myself to further boost other stats.

I do agree that it would be nice to see the other drops more often. Maybe allow the nameds a chance to drop a second TS item, but prevent it from being identical to the initial drop?
  10. Caith Developer

You get a fabled drop off of that Champion because that specific Champion will always drop that same item. Certain zones have a higher chance to get certain Champions, and that goes for all of the zones that an Ancestral Champion can spawn in.

Top end consumables are not going to enter the world at a rate that allows them to be gained without extra effort. If you want the absolute best, you may be required to do a little bit more, or in the case of items that can be placed on the broker, spend a little more, for them.
    ElectricPotato and Dulcenia like this.
  11. Koko Well-Known Member

This is interesting! Would it be possible to share the zones for which champions (which drop Spectral Residue) spawn more frequently?

I don't believe anyone is disagreeing with your point Caith. We acknowledge that these items are meant to be rare, and are something to strive for. However, items which are seen as equal rarity are plentiful (e.g. the adornments). Because they are used at relatively equal rates, the community is upset that there is an overabundance of "rare material A" and a severe lack of "rare material B".

Whereas most players voice that the residue should make more/combine, what is truly desired is equality between the resources. [e.g. a player who kills champions frequently can outfit all of his/her characters with adornments, but barely any with food/drink currently]
    Kraeref likes this.
  12. Rainmare Well-Known Member

then your list is obviously either a LOT bigger then I've ever seen, or your hoping that people will go back to DoV and CoE zones for them.

so I'll put this out here. Leep Deeppockets is an arrow dropper. we do just ToV stuff. we've seen Leep 2 times. spectral residue I beleive was the DE one. we seen him like 4-5 times.

Coldain/Giant/Droag/non-x2 Ragefire, human woman who's name I forget, woodelf who's name I forget, Iksar who's name I forget..all drop globes.

if that's the case I think you need to go back into your list of ancestral champions, look at the odds for ToV on getting ones besides the arrow/spectral droppers, and then turn some of those globe droppers into arrow/food droppers.
  13. Sylke Well-Known Member

Just ran through my gigs of logs and here's the data I have so far:

Spectral Residue - Hierophant Granix
    Spectral Residue - Ulraz S'lon
    Spectral Residue - Baddi Waca
    Spectral Residue - Reba Garus
    Spectral Residue - Ranjor

Ancestral Globe - Grand Armsmith Korin
    Ancestral Globe - Challenger Aknos
    Ancestral Globe - Zordakalicus Ragefire
    Ancestral Globe - Commander Ruinclaw
    Ancestral Globe - Sentinel Anderin
    Ancestral Globe - Arch Confessor Yonbry

Blade Fragment - Lendel Deeppockets
    Blade Fragment - Dill Fireshine
    Blade Fragment - Suuspa Clanim
    Blade Fragment - Seta Bakindo
    Blade Fragment - Datur Nightseer

Total Drops: 145
    Ancestral Globe: 99
    Spectral Residue: 28
    Blade Fragment: 18

...more coming soon
    ElectricPotato, Le Clown and Koko like this.
  14. Sylke Well-Known Member

Percents are to be taken with a grain of salt; accuracy is not guaranteed as none of the sample sizes are really large enough to be certain.

Zone...............Item....................Drops...Percentage
    Chamber.........Ancestral Globe.........7.......87.50%
    Chamber.........Spectral Residue........1.......12.50%
    -
    Dominion.........Ancestral Globe.........13......56.52%
    Dominion.........Blade Fragment..........4.......17.39%
    Dominion.........Spectral Residue........6.......26.09%
    -
    Halls...............Ancestral Globe.........26......74.29%
    Halls...............Blade Fragment..........5.......14.29%
    Halls...............Spectral Residue........4.......11.43%
    -
    High Keep.......Ancestral Globe.........7.......70.00%
    High Keep.......Blade Fragment..........2.......20.00%
    High Keep.......Spectral Residue........1.......10.00%
    -
    Hive................Ancestral Globe.........7.......87.50%
    Hive................Spectral Residue........1.......12.50%
    -
    Labs...............Ancestral Globe.........22......68.75%
    Labs...............Blade Fragment..........3.......9.38%
    Labs...............Spectral Residue........7.......21.88%
    -
    Nexus.............Ancestral Globe.........3.......37.50%
    Nexus.............Spectral Residue........5.......62.50%
    -
    Pickclaw.........Ancestral Globe.........5.......71.43%
    Pickclaw.........Blade Fragment..........1.......14.29%
    Pickclaw.........Spectral Residue........1.......14.29%
    -
    Stratum...........Ancestral Globe.........9.......64.29%
    Stratum...........Blade Fragment..........3.......21.43%
    Stratum...........Spectral Residue........2.......14.29%

Total runs of each zone
    Chamber: 8
    Dominion: 23
    Halls: 35
    High Keep: 10
    Hive: 8
    Labs: 32
    Nexus: 8
    Pickclaw: 7
    Stratum: 14
    Spira, ElectricPotato and Koko like this.
  15. Koko Well-Known Member

You sir are awesome.
    +10 internet points
  16. Le Clown Active Member

ALL HAIL THE GREAT PROPHET!

and get spectralr residues