Spectral Residue

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Gnomad_Madgon, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

Spectral Residue drop rates and yields seem a little low to be used as a replacement for Draconic food and drink. Perhaps the yield can be increased, or the drop rate can be more on par with the Ancestral Globe of Manifestation.
    konofo, Xillean, Spira and 5 others like this.
  2. Bouncing Skull Active Member

Its actually kinda funny that we are rooting for the ornate chest to drop versus the exquisite. Additionally, the yield of food/drink created from the residue is downright dismal.
    Xillean, Spira, Avahlynn and 4 others like this.
  3. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

One more change I would like to see made to the current food and drink, add all five stats to all of it so a player can pick and chose and still receive the benefit of their primary stat. Oh and up the yield, did I say that already?
  4. Malchore Active Member

Agree strongly the yield of food/drink needs to increase from 5 to 20. The drop rate of the residue is too low to support anything short of 20 yield.* I do not think the drop rate needs to increase, only the crafting yield.

*NOTE: I have only crafted the Garum Steak recipe (for the 3% flurry.) I am not sure if ALL spectral residue recipes produce a yield of 5.
    Anghammarad and Kuulei like this.
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

5 just isn't enough, considering its such a short duration. A quantity of 10 at minimum and prefer 20!
  6. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

Still on the fence about making food/drink, I would like to see the yield go up. If I may make a suggestion fix it so the ornate chest has a better chance to drop. Place the Ancestral Blade Fragment in the fabled chest since only 50% of the classes can use that material. The yield has already been improved on this material, I think it will keep the people interested in this item satisfied, primarily rangers. This change should keep a steady flow of the Ancestral Globe of Manifestation, and the Shard of Spectral Light available for the consumables all players can use. An easier change would be to give all 3 an equal chance to drop, but I think the supply on the Ancestral Blade Fragment will outpace the need for them, much like the Ancestral Globe of Manifestation currently.

*I would still like to see all primary stats added to all food/drink so we have more flexibility in what we would like to consume.
  7. Froakie Member

I agree the drop rate and yield is too low. Please up the drop rate or increase the yield to make a stack of 20.
  8. Ranga Active Member

Yield is too low and duration is too long. I can't remember which but the ones that I looked at the other day were 8 hours. I would prefer them to be 4 hours (the common length of a raid) so that I can use one per raid and not waste half of each. That means that the useful yield currently is really half what it says on the can!
  9. Spira Member

The drop rate should be made more common as several have said already. Also, the yield should be on par with draconic food/drink.. so 25-100 per combine.
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

Hehe, yeah not like FIVE jesus I save my Calda on my Mage now for progression focused nights only and use other drink elsewhere.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  11. Amphlify New Member

They're averaging 250p each on the broker usually, making 5 at a time that adds up to 50p per raid. Double that if you're using food and drink both. They don't drop in raid zones at all and you can't farm arena for them like motes last xpac.

Plat split from chests during raid isn't anywhere near that even if you're factoring in the sales of masters and dropped brokerable items. The only way to afford these is to buy/sell kronos on the broker or run a full time bot team to harvest them.
  12. Spira Member

Can we please have a response to this? in its current state the Spectral Residue is rather useless.
  13. Spira Member

Another week and no response..
    Pretty please with sugar on top?

I'll even use my Danak Wishbone!

[IMG]
    Kraeref likes this.
  14. Soph New Member

please? :)

this is getting increasingly frustrating as the mats for draconic food/drink become more and more rare because no-one is running any of the zones that drop the horns anymore..
  15. Ucala Well-Known Member

what you need is a lucky rabbit foot.
    \aITEM -1174931509 528706602:lucky rabbit foot\/a
    I always have one in my bags
    Spira likes this.
  16. Celrath Member

I too would like to see this addressed, I would prefer increased conversion rates but increased drop rates would go a long way.
  17. Ayumu Member

I fully and completely agree with Gnomad. I would also like to see more Spectral Residues or a highly increased yield. At the moment, the pricing for spectral residue is far out of proportion with the chest quality.
  18. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Would love to see these changes... additional yield per combine and increased drop rate. It is really sad at the moment, and for the most part makes them worthless.
  19. Spira Member

About time to bumb this again! can we please at least have a response to as why they are so rare and the yield so low?
  20. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

Found this on a thread titled Pillar material spread.

On the crushbone server the spectral residue supply on the broker is just about depleted as a result of the recent tweaks food and drink received. Ancestral Blade Fragments supply is fair, but that is partly due to pricing I would think, all but 5 of them are 600plat and up. There is still a fair amount of Ancestral Globe of Manifestation available on the broker but pricing is up as I think more people are realizing how nice they are.

Why is the Fabled chest the most common, containing the Ancestral Globe of Manifestation rewarded close to 90% of the time, and the legendary chest uncommon to rare containing the other two materials rewarded about 10% of the time? Is this working as intended?

Thank you!
    Spira likes this.