Sorry devs, but Charme's Way is ugly!

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf, Mar 19, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Sylphier Guest

Well, I don't see my little halfling as a pirate. I think if you look at the racial choices the halflings have the best stats and abilities for the swashbuckling class, but if you read the in game book History of the Halflings it tells you that halflings are scared to death of sailing and don't go anywhere near the ocean. Kind of interesting that a good aligned race, known for it's roguish qualities, would also be afraid of water.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ujina Guest

kimopo wrote:
    And what about the class hat ? It doesn't look like a pirate hat ?

[IMG]

This musketeer looks more like an EQ2 swash in my opinion...
  3. ARCHIVED-NiteWolfe Guest

Mitch@Everfrost wrote:
    Explain that please?
    The only stat that matters to a swashy IE a melee class is str and at end game with diminished returns 15 or so str from race one way or the other doesnt matter. That leaves racial abilities. and dark elfs have the best melee racial. SO for min maxing dark elfs would make the best swashy.
  4. ARCHIVED-AegisCrown Guest

NiteWolfe wrote:
    you have to consider that certain races have increased poison trigger counts, double attack, melee crit nobus, or have awesome short term buffs that impact our class. dark elves, ratongas, halflings, and maybe froglocks are the best races for our class
  5. ARCHIVED-Ocello Guest

I'd have to agree that the swashy Epic is ugly.

I see my swashy (Qylos) as more of a Musketeer than a pirate. However I would also consider Drizzt Do'Urden a swashbuckler as well Jarlaxle (my toon is a DE; call me cookie-cutter).

But at lvl 47 I have always used the MC Karabela weapon because it's graphic best suits what I am looking for. The scimitar is too fat and not agile-looking, as is the falchion. And as much as I see myself as a musketeer, I do not like the graphic of the Vulian Foil of the Deep as no sane person would ever dual-wield foils. Mainly because it is lame.

I do like the idea of weapon app slots tho...but could my monk use a bo staff graphic when he is DWing his epic and RFK?
  6. ARCHIVED-Sylphier Guest

NiteWolfe wrote:
    our racial attack is a piercing offensive debuff just like lung puncture. We also have increased poison proc counts. Halflings are qeynos, swash is qeynos... ya DE would work the best but they are FP. Halflings were meant to be good aligned rogues, and the good aligned rogue is a swash. I don't think this really takes much explanation.
  7. ARCHIVED-OutcastBlade Guest

But then, I have never seen a halfling swashy.

Halflings suck and are ugly.

Dark Elf f..t..w..

Our racial buff, increases attack speed, DA, MC, etc for 30 seconds. I use that with Insight, and it rocks for dps.
  8. ARCHIVED-Sylphier Guest

Kanolth@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    you are ugly
  9. ARCHIVED-alexisxo Guest

m0ya wrote:
    Yeah, that was most disappointing IMO :(
  10. ARCHIVED-ZachSpastic Guest

Coel@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I tried playing a dark elf, but there is a problem at character creation where I click on Male, but all I get is a female girly man model and the best I can make of him, or her, or whatever, is a blue skinned Boy George. Ratongas are dirty rats, and make good Brigands, but don't cut it as Swashbucklers. Halflings make good pie. Froglocks? Let's not go there, okay?
    The best race for Swashbuckler is Half Elf. After all, if you're not a sexy Half Elf, what's the point?
  11. ARCHIVED-Dreadpatch Guest

Umm... Gnomes... Gnomes is the correct answer. There is not better race for just about any class in the game, but especially the swashbuckler. I don't really care about abilities, they just rule.
  12. ARCHIVED-OutcastBlade Guest

Mitch@Everfrost wrote:
    No... You are ugly.

ZachSpastic: Dark Elves with the old models look like Michael Jackson, and they have hairstyles that rival the females of any species. I will give you that. SOGA Dark Elves tho, they are the most manly looking models out there. They make my heart flutter.... ahem.

Charm's Way by the way is an awesome looking weapon. I don't mind the bottle opener effect the slightest... There I kinda kept this thread on topic.
  13. ARCHIVED-Mr. Dawkins Guest

Trade with the assassin grafic. We'll take the "OMGZ IT SPINS" and you can have the "Strawberry Jelly Knife"
  14. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

ZachSpastic wrote:
    Knowing what I know now, if I could change my Swashy's race & keep him at level 80, I'd switch to Ratonga in less than half a heartbeat.
    I don't care what their bonuses are. Put them in a cloak & feathered, floppy hat, & they are the uber-awesome looking Swashies. & seriously, if you can't look uber-awesome as a Swashy ... /wrists.
  15. ARCHIVED-ZachSpastic Guest

Kanolth@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Please seek the professional services of a licensed optometrist. You are very obviously in desperate need of vision correcting lenses.

On topic: I suggest that anyone who is unhappy with the graphic for Charm's Way take a look at the poo-on-a-stick graphic the Mystics got. You will then feel so much better.
  16. ARCHIVED-ZachSpastic Guest

Flaye@Mistmoore wrote:
    I'll agree that Rats did get some very nice racials in the racial screwup revamp. But, sexeh they are not. The most important thing that a Swashbuckler brings to any group or raid is teh sexeh buff. Raids with insufficient sexeh wipe.