Sony needs to get with the times If this game is going to make it the next 2~5yrs+

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Blissa, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

What about those of us who keep replying that aren't in hard core raid guilds, don't raid in alliance with hard core raid guilds, haven't cleared HM Drunder let alone PoW?
  2. Gaealiege Active Member

Well that wouldn't be very convenient for his absurd arguments then.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Na just sick of people holding flawed statistical systems as though they are impossible to make a mistake. Guildprogress is chartered by a person and kills are submitted by players. Players who can:

- Fake Screenshots.
    - Achievemtns aren't working 100% of the time so they are not accurate.
    - Dispute legitimate kills just by sheer numbers and remove them.
    - Submit Fake kills for opposing guilds thus getting them disputed.
    - If you have enough you can dispute a guild out of existence.

Guildprogress is only as accurate as the players and moderators make it. Thus far it has been quite inaccurate. I also have yet to see this statistical chart in which you speak of how much time every guild raids. I see ONE post of ONE guild's raid times, not all guilds raid these times even in the top 20 guilds. I will sum up what I read here in a few sentences.

- Top 20 guilds are only clearing because of how much they play, their skills at playing this game matter not.
    - HC-Raiders want the content made harder which will hurt the majority. When in truth Raiders are asking for a full set of HM-Content not just 4 Bosses.
    - Guildprogress is infallible and must be regarded as the one true ranking system in the world of Everquest 2 when it is not even an official website.

I personally see logical fallacies and inconsistencies riddled within these points. This thread also was about one person giving five suggestions as to what they thought would be positive changes. They were .

I see not in here anything that has subject to Raiders wanting harder content, nor do I see anything speaking of Guildprogress. Thus this tangent is off-topic, irrelevant to this thread and disruptive. All of which are grounds for a thread to be locked.

To address these five points though.

#1 I don't see an issue with having most old dungones to have solo versions. Grouping is not dead but Solo is indeed a way to play the game. Not one I agree with but it IS a part of the game and as such should have it's own type of "progression" that Soloers can use to see how they are doing overall. Solo Gear should help you do Solo Content with rare-drops that help you do Heroic Content.

#2 Mercs do not need a boost a further increase to them would kill whatever grouping is left imo. It is NOT a good idea because all 3 main ways of Adventuring must be kept in tact.
    - Soloing
    - Grouping (if you so desire)
    - Raiding (if you so desire)
    It should never be made (Mercs do this) that 1 person does not need other players or accounts (multiboxing) to run Current Heroic Content. You are free to play your way (solo) just as long as your playstyle doesn't overwrite mine (Raid/Heroic).

#3 There is real Solo Gear, it helps you do Solo zones. Advanced Solo are NOT true Solo zones they are Duo-Zones in disguise and that is a bad naming convention. Chains of Eternity brought us Solo-Zones BUT it forgot to have multiple over-zone quest series. There were 2-3 separate Quest Lines in SF and DoV whereas there is ONE in Chains of Eternity.

#4 Only Broker Restriction currently on F2P Silver ($5) accounts is you cannot buy from other players without purchasing a $0.50 token to do so. You can carry as much Plat as you want so you can easily get the full sell-price of a Krono.

#5 I agree with you here, if you want to go farm old zones for plat... that is your choice but I (a player) should be able to run CoE zones and get money. A breakdown I would recommend would be as follows.

- Advanced Solo Chest contains 50g-1p
    * HM Solo Chests contain 1-5p
    - Heroic Zone Chests contain 6-12p (Key Mobs, should be back to prevent Solo Farming these chests)
    - Raid Zone Chests contain 12-24p
    *HM-Raid Chests containt 24-48p

This allows all levels of CURRENT play to get some measure of platinum, without going and farming which to many is boring. Please keep this thread on topic.
  4. Regolas Well-Known Member

You can buy off the broker for free on silver membership, just not sell without tokens.

Any f2p player that has bought a krono for $18 will be able to stump up 10c to put it on the broker, and any f2p silver member can buy it if they have the plat.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

Yep that is what I was getting at with the bit about Krono and Platinum restrictions on F2P which were removed recently. As seen on http://www.everquest2.com/free the limitations are well defined. Krono are accessible for F2P accounts who wish to get them.
  6. Archaical Active Member

Oh are there more guilds clearing all the content than what Guildprogress says? If so, go ahead and list them all out. Yeah, didn't think so.
  7. Kalderon Well-Known Member

But, puting in more solo content does make that any better? o_O
  8. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

My only problem with going back and making solo versions of old content is that it takes away from the development time to make new content, which I feel is more important.
    Onorem likes this.
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

Level 20-80 dungeons/raids are solo content.
  10. Taysa Well-Known Member

I'll even go as far as some of the 90 content is solo content at this point.
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

Only if you are SS or higher Raid-Gear in many cases. SF zones are not a joke by damage incoming.
  12. GabenBison Active Member

All depends what class you are. You'll have a far better off chance soloing more 90 raid stuff as an SK or Brawler then you would as a Guardian or Zerk.
  13. Murfalad Member

There is plenty to do in this game that is solo already.

Its obvious but people only group up if the content needs a group.

So for the game to offer content for solo, group and raid level players it has to have a level of frustration in that we have to spend time getting a group together. The epic weapon quests were a classic example, that motivated me to spend quite a bit of effort getting groups together and it make the reward only that much sweeter.

While I do like the idea of solo versions of the instance (although I'd like to see the solo ones have a story as to why you are going in alone) I'd hate for this game to become something mindless like some of those other MMO's. While there might have been a game in there I remember playing the STO beta for about 2 hours without discovering any real challenge, so I never returned back again even though I was getting upgrades etc.

We always need something just out of our reach to make the upgrades we play for mean something, and we need group content to get the social side of it going.
  14. Davngr Well-Known Member

if you don't want to play an MMO then buy yourself a PS2, most all that content can be done solo.

solo instance gear is way too powerful as it is and that is in FACT what is killing grouping. bad move by the game devs no clue what's being smoked but it's not the good stuff!
  15. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

That's how it's always been. EoF contested and instanced heroic gear was better than KoS raid gear, even from DT because of set bonuses. RoK solo gear blew away EoF gear with blue stats. etc...
  16. mouser Well-Known Member

Estred and I agreeing again - Frostfell must have frozen something over :confused:

What are you trying to do? Your posts make no sense, serve no purpose, and aren't even good trolls (go to /. and practice).

So far you've pointed out one guild that has a heavy raiding schedule. That's cool for them - I'm happy people who want to devote that much time to something (and most of us have "something" we devote a lot of time to) can do it together and enjoy the experience.

Guildprogress is self-reporting. I've pointed out general problems with that type of system. Estred has gone farther and named specific problems with this particular system.

List all the guilds? What are you smoking? Do you know the name of my guild? How about the crafting guild I was a member of? Did you know there are decorator guilds that raid from time to time - and some of them are pretty good at it from what I gather.I'd be willing to be there are thousands of active guilds currently, even with the population issues we're having.

But you know who does know all the guilds and what they're doing? SOE. And they're putting out content based on what they're seeing. I'm sure there will be adjustments coming. I think we're due for a GU soon. I think everyone agrees Heroic zones can use some love.

I don't know if this thread has run its course, but I think you have. The same 'arguments' reworded ever so slightly over and over again. A word of advice: Quit while you're behind.
  17. Shastra New Member

Some great suggestions and i agree with a lot of it but i think first step would be to make a better LFD tool. Soloing is great and all but for those who enjoy playing with others why not improve LFD tool as priority? since we are taking about keeping up with modern times, a well made and reliable LFD tool is a must.
  18. Archaical Active Member

He claimed Guildprogress.com was not accurate. I challenged him to list the guilds that have cleared all the content that are not listed. He could not because there are none. You can't either. Why you would chose to troll my response and then accuse me of the same is beyond me.
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

Actually the list containts 150ish guilds who are right up at Drinal 1 Well who well... is removed from game again because of bugs. If it must be postedm this is NOT counting the top 50 guilds who are above the mark I am posting.
    [IMG]

There you are Arch, 100 Guilds who have cleared:
    - Altar of Abhorrence to HM-Baelon of Thule.
    - Sleepers Tomb minus 1 Edilon and HM-Amalgamon.
    - Harrows End minus Oligar of the Dead (Challenge), Bastion the Immovable, Drinal 2-4 Well.

Of those fights only the 4th Edilon and Drinal 2 Well can be moderately considered still within EM-Content. These are the 50-100 top guilds meaning there are 50 more guilds above these that have cleared content. It also till till the 150th guild page to find ones who had 4/6 in Altar of Abhorrence and 5/12 in Harrows End. Like it or not it isn't just the "Hard Core's play to much" crowd who has cleared EM content. 150-175 guilds through EM-Content or extremely close is not a good thing 2-3 months into an expansion.

With Expansions coming 8-12 months apart we have a fair amount of time as players to somehow amuse ourselves.

Edit: You will also notice one of these guilds even has an Avatar. HM-Content sure it remains to be cleared, but many do not like the difficulty of HM-Raiding... what do those players have left?
  20. Regolas Well-Known Member

Dungeon finder needs some work I agree but there's technically nothing wrong with the LFG tool. People just don't seem to use it and I've no idea why.

It used to get used then I was AFK for 3 months for personal reasons, came back and no one used it.

If everyone who was LFG turned it on, and everyone LFM did the same, as well as advertising on chat channel, it would work. But because no one does, it doesn't get used ever.