Sony needs to get with the times If this game is going to make it the next 2~5yrs+

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Blissa, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Blissa Active Member

Sony needs to get with the times If this game is going to make it the next 2~5yrs+ . Here are a few suggestions!

1# convert every dungeon to have its own solo version like the new heroic zones. Because lets face it grouping is all but dead. Depending on the time of day and the day I see some groups looking for people 1+hrs

2# Mercs need a major boost, as I said grouping is pretty much dead and these mercs suck and are no fun! Also they need to take away the exp reduction from using a merc.

3# Add some real solo gear that is obtainable with in reason and good enough to make you useful in a group that has people in raid gear

4# if you want to sell lots of krono then remove the broker restriction so people can make enough plat to buy them from other players

5# what good is level 95 if I have to mentor and go farm lower level zones for plat. Make it meaning full for people to kill high level mobs.

These are just a few suggestions that are probably going to fall on deaf ears and we are going to continue to bleed players!
    Catbriar likes this.
  2. Does it matter? New Member

#1 No, find a more populated guild / server, and learn how to form a group.

#2 No, enough people cannot play thier classes as it is because mercs are leveling them. Mercs are not there to help you solo current group content either, that would be stupid. The exp reduction is there to keep people from just AFK leveling.

#3 No, lean how to use adornments, and reforging. Run the solo versions to get enough gear to not suck in normal group runs. Get enough group drops to not suck and kill things on hardmode. Get enough of that + some Obol stuff to not suck in a raid.

#4 Yes, the fact they had this at all for F2P accounts was stupid to begin with, just another way to bleed SC off people. Remove broker restrictions, or make it a one time buy to unlock.

#5 I have never once ran old content to make plat, I am insanely rich in game. Try thinking outside the box, it is not hard....for most.

-Good luck with your sugestions, they are probaly going to fall apon trolls and flamers, and end up on page 2+ in a few days...
    Seliri and Ridolain like this.
  3. Kalderon Well-Known Member

I don´t get 1-3, make all the content soloable will push groups? Or will atract players? Or will it get some lost, cause of it´s getting to easy to do everything?
    5# you only get more, cause of the content where designed for more then just one player, don´t bother if they remove or gave out more penaltys doing so.
    I don´t think i will stay more then 10 yers with one game, so lets look forward and wait what eqnext will be.
    Murfalad likes this.
  4. Jolemai Active Member

So the OP wants a solo game with no other content basically.

For the MMORPGs of today people grind up to max level, realise there's nothing for them there and then move on to the next over-hyped game. Is this what you want really for EQ2?
    Ridolain likes this.
  5. Blissa Active Member

Incase you guys fail to realize all mmorpgs are moving more to solo play. We can either choose to ignore it and let eq2 die out or embrace it and get some new players. Nothing of what I said will hurt the group content that is already there and will give the solo players what they want. Like it or not forced grouping is dead!
    Catbriar likes this.
  6. Pauly Well-Known Member

I can find groups easy and I'm in a two person guild. Making plat isn't hard at all. All dungeons below 80 and a few above are soloable already.
  7. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Adding to this, all CoE instances are advanced solo (duo) versions.
  8. Epixz Member

Yeah sure. in case you didnt realize go check TOR and tell us how it all worked out for them... the all solo content.
    WoW is losing subscription like crazy cause solo content > group content.

1/10 troll you got an answer from me.
    Ridolain likes this.
  9. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Good exampel, those over hyped games that where optimized for solocontend are what? ^^ Almost dead and EQ2 is here since? ^^
    Ridolain likes this.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

Have you actually played Chains of Eternity or Skyshrine? Every group zone has a Solo version. And every level 1-80 zone in the game, even the Raid zones, are all soloable. So I'm not sure you even play this game since what you are asking for already exists.

So... you want to completely kill grouping in EQ2 and make it a solo game with a chatroom bolted on. There are already plenty of solo games on Steam. Mercs are adequate especially if you get the Elite ones, but they're not supposed to be as good as another person.

Never in the history of EQ2 have solo players had access to such astonishingly powerful gear. I got a pair of Raid level shoes with yellow and red slot from Wurmbone's End Solo zone last night.

Your suggestions would kill the game.
    Ridolain likes this.
  11. Gilasil Active Member

1. Top level dungeons pretty much do have solo instances. At lower levels if you're any good at all you should be able to molo (solo with a merc) just about any dungeon you're likely to find. As for the few top level dungeons where you can't do this I very much doubt the solo-haters will sit by quietly for that. The fact of the matter is there are some players who would ban all solo play if they could and they are quite vocal. If you're having trouble moloing a dungeon below 85 or so with a same level character you really need to reexamine how you're doing it.

2. Mercs aren't THAT bad. As I said, with a merc my lower level toons can handle most same level dungeons they're likely to find. Mercs have also done wonders for filling out crucial spots in groups.

3. They're somewhat doing that in the current expansion. It has the solo-haters quite up in arms if you peruse some of the threads on this board.

5. Well, my level 95 currently has around 1000 plat and I NEVER farm lower level zones for plat. Most of that I got from selling crap on the broker. I know many have far more then that, but I don't need more plat anyway.\

In summary, this game will NEVER give as consistently good gear for solo as for raid or even heroic. Ain't going to happen. Currnetly you can get a few really good pieces but I think they have it rigged so you can't get yourself fully geared up that way. However, you can get fairly close and you SHOULD be able to get geared up enough so you won't be a drag on a group. If you want to get geared up beyond that then find some friends who also like to group. Yes I know it's hard, but that's all you can do.

As for the mercs and such. While they have some odd behavior which needs to be fixed, overall they do perform the role intended. I've had a lot of fun the last year very slowly leveling characters while doing lots of dungeons. I currently have a level 41 beastlord with which I'm trying to do as many heritage quests as I can and am having a lot of fun with it. I wouldn't be able to do that without mercs.
  12. Skwor Active Member

This above reads like a suicide note for EQ2. Everything you have suggested would kill a game franchise which has been successful since 1999. You have NO CLUE what makes a game fun let alone create longevity. SOE is doing very well, EQ2 is 8 years old and still going strong and did this without your "help" and would do well to continue to ignore such "help" going forward.

There are plenty of solo games on the market, go find one you like instead of trying to ruin a quality MMORPG that many others enjoy.
    Ridolain and Kalderon like this.
  13. Salty21db Active Member

First off to start from the bottom. Bleed players? Numbers are on the rise, stated in a interview with Smed and also shown with 8 High population servers every night during peak time.

Secondly, YOUR type is the type that shouldn't be in an MMO as I keep stating. THIS IS A MULTIPLAYER GAME. You obviously don't understand that and neither does SoE anymore. Your type of people and SoE listening to your type have destroyed the MMO genre for the most part. In fact it's making an old dinosaur like me move on, again, to yet another MMO in hopes I can actually do some grouping there.

Until this young generation gets it through their heads that MMORPG stands for MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE ROLE PLAYING GAME, then the genre is going to keep dieing off entirely. The reason numbers are rising is because people are flocking from the monster they call WoW for...the exact same reason, nothing to do.

Somehow SoE got the MMOFPS on PS2 right but can't get their flagship MMORPG right lol.

MULTIPLAYER GAME...MULTIPLAYER MEANING PLAY AND INTERACT WITH OTHERS TO ACCOMPLISH GOALS.
    Ridolain likes this.
  14. Archaical Active Member

Just, wow. You call taking the name Everquest, which was the most popular MMO at one point, and turning into a niche game that is not even in the top 20 most popular MMO's successful?
    Catbriar and Rathadin like this.
  15. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I call making a game that defined the genre and is still going 13(almost 14) years later with regular expansions successful.
  16. Archaical Active Member

And that is how we ended up with the game in its current condition. Grats on false praise!!!!
    Catbriar likes this.
  17. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

People have been saying this game is dying since level 50 was the level cap. Although the devs sometimes make me think of violent ends for them, and they are overly arrogant most of the time - the game is still here. And we are still playing it. I don't think that's because we are hopeless and desperate people, I think that's because it's basically a good game.

If the OP is not getting the pixel 'things' they want from the way they are currently playing, it doesn't take much to re-examine your play style and figure out how to get them. If you don't want to change your playstyle or time spent in-game, then lower your expectations.

Don't advocate lowering the whole game for everybody because it's not suiting your needs right now.

Edit: Kalderon, I quoted you cause you said it in a way I agree with - not cause I disagree!
    Ridolain likes this.
  18. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

We ended up with the game in its current condition how? For managing to stay viable for over a decade with regular expansions? Your comment makes no sense at all. You said Everquest, but do you really mean EQ2?
  19. Gilasil Active Member

I'd love to see the data which says EQ2 isn't even in the top 20. Although I define top 20 as top 20 number of subscribers. It could also be defined as top 20 in revenue. Others could define it in other ways, ultimately coming down to what somebody personally likes. Got a link?

The original EQ was VERY solo unfriendly. If the OP has a problem with EQ2 he'd NEVER have managed EQ. Especially during it's heyday of the first few years. The reason it was so wildly successful wasn't because it was a fundamentally great game. It was because it didn't have much competition. In the first year of EQ the only alternatives if you didn't want to go to text MUDs were Ultima Online and Asheron's Call.. UO was a PK fest and AC was just a very minimal game. I think initially AC had like one good item you could quest for. EQ ruled because players had no choice.

Brad McQuaid was hard core about not allowing solo play. Sort of like some of the posters on this board and in this thread. This caused EQ2 to bleed big time to WoW which was the reason it did it's big switch to more solo friendly play a few years after release.

Basically I think there's two reasons people are attracted to MMOs. One is of course the multiplayer aspect. The other is that it's PERSISTENT. Accomplishments mean more then in your typical single player game, and things like items are treated so consistently that they start to feel like real things.

It isn't all about mulitplayer.
    Rathadin likes this.
  20. Deago Well-Known Member

Tldr version:

I want to play Elder Scrolls with a chat room.
    Ridolain likes this.