So Few Fabled 4 second Pierce Weapons in AoM

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Glassjaw, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Vasco Active Member

We need some weapon varieties like HKC. This is redonkilous.
  2. Glassjaw Active Member

Here is a recently discovered fabled 4 sec pierce scout weapon again with recovery and reuse =(

\aITEM -1200190193 1794840090:Disease Quicksilver Dirk of Madness\/a

These are dark times in Norrath.
  3. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Itemization remains terrible, even two months later. All this copy and paste items make me sad.
  4. Gorion Member

I think the biggest issue is the class restrictions on all these weapons. Plate fighter only swords with dps and attack speed, scout only weapons with block chance, ect. All swords, daggers, ect. should be usable by fighters and scouts. If scouts want to build a tanky set, they can get the fighter weapons. If fighters want to build a dps set (without using a two hander I guess), they can use the scout weapons. Right now, there's tons and tons of variations but, most of them are restricted to the classes that are least likely to use them. Actually finding a weapon that has ideal delay/stats and is usable by your class is like winning the lottery.
    Quillyne and Glassjaw like this.
  5. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Seems like all of the Scout armor also has casting speed, reuse, recovery, &/or ability modifier. Same thing with handcrafted jewelry. I suspect that something glitched in the cut-&-paste software they seem to be using for gear design.

Hint: for a 100th level Bard, casting speed, reuse, & recovery are all worthless; if you don't have those three stats soft-capped by then, you're doing something wrong & "helping" such players by screwing over the rest of us is a bad idea. Putting those three stats on items that can't be reforged is rage-inducing. Please stop it.
  6. Glassjaw Active Member

Here is an example of the goofy "Fist" weapons I found.

\aITEM -1320054532 1946960068:Frost Virulent Blade of Malice\/a
  7. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I liked weapon reward that we got during in the recent past. The one where you could click an item to make the weapon a 2.0, 4.0, or 6.0. Right now, I find myself using a fast delay weapon for VC, then using 4.0s for a single target fight, and 6.0s for AoE fights...and fights where the raid zone is super laggy. I don't have lag issues in overland or heroic/solo instances...just raid zones (especially ones with lava/water).
  8. Margaritas Active Member

Oh a blade... that is... a fist. Uhhh.... ohhhh kaaay....
    Feldon likes this.
  9. Glassjaw Active Member

Makes perfect sense. About as much sense as a soup sandwich really.
    Feldon likes this.
  10. Prrasha Well-Known Member

As long as they fix them in the correct direction (change the appearance/name to match the wield style).

My warden currently uses a graphical/named "axe" that's typed "sword". If it becomes a sword-graphic-sword-type weapon, no problem, it'll remain warden-wieldable. If it becomes an axe-graphic-axe-type, he won't be able to wield it...
  11. Jrel Well-Known Member

Okay. I have seen ZERO 4s Fabled weapon drops from the heroic zones besides the Mythical Rod of Vengeance. Please fix.
  12. Glassjaw Active Member

Another raid 4 sec pierce fabled scout weapon showed up on eq2u and it is copy past of the other 3 in existence with the reuse and recover stats...

I'm sad at this point.
  13. Nindakin Member

There actually isn't a single fabled 4s scout weapon from heroic content currently.

Part of the problem is that a number of weapons from contested ossuary are likely unintentionally flagged legendary and have lower stats than the fabled weapons from the same zone. Specifically, this bug affects \aITEM 174542516 1788464074:Malignant Fetid Sword\/a, but there are over a dozen other similarly affected items from the zone (all of the "malignant," "hostile," and "rancorous" weapons) that should be improved to fabled quality.

Even if this specific item were fixed, there would still only be a single 4s scout weapon at this progression level. One possible solution to this problem is adding agility and making some existing weapons scout useable. Some possible suggestions include \aITEM -595607998 1248123907:Kladnog's Armorbuster\/a and \aITEM -338958431 -1306964743:Virulent Grisly Blade\/a.

Overall the current weapon selection from heroic content seems very odd, with numerous fighter weapons and even multiple options for esoteric weapons like shaman/channeler spears, but very few scout weapons of any delay, so hopefully this issue will be addressed.
    Quillyne likes this.
  14. Glassjaw Active Member

That first weapon with a 4 sec delay is also slashing damage. Call me old fashioned but 4 sec should be pierce. A pierce attack is a quick jab where a slash attack would take a bit longer to execute.
  15. Jrel Well-Known Member

Well.... this issue was officially noticed 5 weeks ago. Still no bueno.
  16. Silzin Active Member

So this is a 4.0 Fist weapon that is 1 hand Slash, does Cold damage and is not useable by Brawlers.... can some one explain this weapon to me again?
    Ajjantis likes this.
  17. Vasco Active Member

Someone drank too much spiked coolaid during development?
  18. Glassjaw Active Member

Some one light the Dev Signal!
  19. Prrasha Well-Known Member

It's a perfectly good tanking sword mislabeled as a "Fist" weapon. That's the only error.

I've found the "fist/axe/great axe/etc" distinctions to be entirely randomly assigned this xpac (especially between spears and daggers). Which doesn't matter, since those aren't used for anything mechanics-wise. And it won't matter until they try to fix them all and wind up swapping classes on half the weapons in the game, so I'm letting them all slide and not complaining. (If they make this an actual fist item with the matching stats, nobody currently using it will be able to wield it anymore... they have to change it to be a sword. And they'll take my warden's "sword" away from him if it really becomes an "axe" like it thinks it is.)

The "cold damage" is player-induced via one of those change-my-weapon's-damage-type essences. This + this = this.
  20. Kander Developer

We have an update coming in February that will be adding a large amount of weapons. Should be quite a few 4 second piercing weapons. I won't give away the details quite yet, but help is coming.
    Quillyne, Jrel, konofo and 2 others like this.