So a new TLE server is announced just before DoV.. Again..

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Fistpower, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Is it because they cant make content after SF relevant and exiting? (its an issue in SF too currently)

Was it an entire other team that worked on the expansions after SF and thats why they cant or wont make adjustments or why do they kill TLE after TLE just after SF?
  2. Dimek Member

Easy... It means fresh start at getting more money from potions, and familiars and stuff on a new server, basically another cash grab. It was bound to happen for them to start a new TLE, EQ1 seems to start a new one or two every other year, June will mark two years for fallengate so was bound to happen sooner or later .
  3. Captain Obvious Member

I will give it a try. Maybe by the third time, they will have fixed most problems of Stormhold.
  4. Atan Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that its another special rules server of some sort. Will have to see what kind of gimick it is
  5. Dimek Member

Most likely, and not only a new tle but an new event server as well. See how it hits FG population
  6. Fangrim Active Member

FG killed SH, this new TLE will see people leave in droves and FG will be dead too, not like people weren't told not to get comfortable on FG since day one.
  7. Malachy Well-Known Member

FG has been going through it's death throes since mid-October. It's worse than AB, which is about as bad as it gets without being officially dead.
    • Will expansions continue to release on FG?
    • When will transfer tokens be offered?
    • When will it be merged?
  8. tbroark New Member

It's fine that they announced a new progression server, FG is dead but people are just unwilling to admit it to themselves. I'm curious if this server will work differently than the others in terms of expansion releases/timing, but I'm guessing it'll mostly just be SH/FG 3.0.
  9. Castekin New Member

I am hoping the new TLP will have longer server lockouts, I do not really understand why people want to rush through expansions. As soon as it the server gets to SF people start leaving in droves.
    michael baker likes this.
  10. tbroark New Member

Castekin, the game has too many no-lifers who burn through the content and then complain that there is nothing to do. Personally, I'd like to see the content tuned to be a little more difficult and the expansions kept on a longer time-frame than 3 months.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  11. Season Active Member

RIP when "no lifers" raid the same amount of time as every other guild but still kill more somehow.
    Zenji likes this.
  12. Elskidorr Active Member

If it's another basic TLE like the last two then hopefully xp can be turned a notch up. That seemed to be one of the biggest turn offs from last launch. Curious if they have everything planned or are waiting for player feedback before they launch it. Anyway, I'll return to EQ2 to give it a shot, but blast it, why do they have to launch it dead smack in the middle of everything that's already going to be happening in EverQuest 1? I'm going to have a loaded plate in March = b
    Siren likes this.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

When did raiding 6-9 hours a week become a "no-lifer"? Because that is the average raid schedule for just about every guild.
  14. Nilyana Active Member

Yeah, it would be nice to have a more casual/laid back TLE server with less of a grind. I know the idea is to keep a slow pace to people don't just burn through content, but there will always be people doing that, anyway. (And well, to sell potions and whatnot, I'm sure...) Would be nice to see a TLE with a different pace than the last two.
    Kalika likes this.
  15. tbroark New Member

I never said raiding 6-9 hours a week qualifies for being a no-lifer. I think you're making some assumptions here. I said that there are people who burn through content and then complain about it, that content isn't restricted to raiding. My point is that there are many people who would be content with a slower pacing of expansion releases and having slightly more difficult content (whether that's dungeons or raiding or whatever else).
    ConcealFate likes this.
  16. Zenji Well-Known Member

In both SH and FG, very few guilds "cleared" all the content. Those people who "burned" through the content, did it while raiding 6-9 hours a week on average.

I would not disagree that some would like slower paced releases, but those are not the same people who could have any chance at clearing slightly more difficult content. So you are asking for contradictory things.

Most of the "complaints" are not because people burned through the content available. It is because the content that is available either is not tuned appropriately and/or dropping items that are not upgrades. I think most of the remaining raiding community is on board with some if not most of the content to be able to be cleared with by a less than optimal raid team, as long as there are some mobs/encounters that are challenging.

However, it comes down to needing a reason to do those challenging encounters. If the itemization is not up to par then you lose those type of players. Having an expansion last 4-6 months (instead of the ~3-4 months FG has) doesn't keep people logging in if they have nothing to work towards.

Now if you are just not wanting to talk about raid content, then there just isn't enough stuff to do in EQ2 to merit staying on an expansion for more than 3 months. Because if you are not raiding, then that eliminates most of the signature quest lines. So if you are not raiding, and not doing most Sig quests, what do you need more than 3 months for?
  17. Krov Active Member

Take the current itemization and raid difficulty and do the new TLP. Then start on balancing the content now for when this server gets to Avatar / Hard mode encounters and DOV.
  18. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I mean lots of fights in SF are as "challenging" as they were before, it's just now that things like crit mit aren't keeping us from killing it we can pull it right away.

The main problem I have is just how long it takes to tune things properly and how mob tuning is decided.

We are having that issue in wing 3 right now, where mobs are going to be hour + long fights and the developers think that is an "fine" amount of time to pull a mob. We also only raid six-nine hours a week, and 1/2 hour of that nine hours is spent on breaks and what not.

This is realistically half the time weekly and a fourth of the amount of time people had to clear things back in the original timeline (itemization also still reflects the old schedule...)

Sure, we could raid more in theory, but good luck finding players willing to raid four-five nights a week on a TLE server, and raid on launch days in the mornings. Sure Neustart did this, but they were 24-28 players out of the entire raiding population willing to devote that much time to the game.

Zenji's post hit it right on the nose. I'd have no issue with content releasing at a slower pace if it meant that itemization would make sense and you didn't have things like EoF being cleared in under 15 hours of raid time.

If I actually had to pull mayong for a few hours to kill it, and rumbler wasn't killable with three groups in full KoS gear and I actually had to farm AA's, and heroic gear, the longer server would make sense.

You honestly could of given us six months of TSO, and I highly doubt anyone else would of killed munzok, the next closest guild had nearly half our raid wide, and we had trouble with the massive amounts of HP the adds had at times.
    Zenji likes this.
  19. MichaelBB New Member

So, essentially, DBG will have three tle servers potentially opened after March 15th (or close to that date). Where are these magical resources coming from in order to maintain three tle servers? DBG is not equipped to handle one and this is obvious.

They shut down the xp on FG and have chosen not to make necessary adjustments to current content so basically they have pulled the plug on this bathtub and are draining it. FG will be shut down.

PVP server. Why is there only a BETA version of this server and not the 'new' PVE TLE? Regardless of how many people join the PVP Beta they'll inform us that there was an insufficient player population to sustain such a server and thus the pvp server will not go live.

The ONLY TLE server that will be left is a cash grabbing P2W server that will have the same bells and whistles (code words for 'bugs and issues') that previous tle servers have experienced.

One to two years later, this 'new' server will be pulled for another; and so on and so on and so on.
  20. kitleez Member

It is sad, because right when the 100 percent xp was taken away, we knew that a new tle server was coming. I will admit that starting fresh is fun, but personally I won't be supporting this blatent middle finger to all the Fallen Gate players.
    Kalika likes this.