So a new TLE server is announced just before DoV.. Again..

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Fistpower, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Castekin New Member

Nilyana I totally agree with you. I honestly think a more casual server would attract more people in the long run and maintain a much more stable population.

However, as you pointed out I think the TLE servers are more about selling exp potion to hardcore gamers to make them think they have achieved something in their life by burning though all the content in a few days:( .
  2. Elskidorr Active Member

Faster xp does look more appealing to players looking to sink their teeth into a server for awhile without feeling like having a second job as an xp grinder. I think it would have a healthier launch and maintain a decent population longer. More subs is money in their pocket too. P2W mechanics are a major turnoff.
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

These two post seem to be both asking for a more "casual server". But one wants faster leveling and the other is opposed to faster leveling. Seems like the "casual" players can't even agree on what makes them "casual".
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Imo older zones should get XP boosts each time an expac unlocks. That way when the content is relevant, it is a bit of effort. As the content becomes emptier and emptier, and people want to try catch up, its quicker to do so due to XP bonuses.

DoF unlocks - Level 1-40 zones get XP boost.
    KoS unlocks - 1-50 Boosted
    EoF Unlocks - 1-60 Boosted

etc. etc.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

Stop trying to provide logical, well thought out feedback. That is not how things get fixed :p
    Errrorr likes this.
  6. Nilyana Active Member

Which one of them is asking for slower leveling? They both seem to be saying that a faster exp rate would help maintain server population, and allow new people to join in on later expansions without having a huge grind ahead of them. Something which was an issue on both SH and now FG, among other issues. (I see in an earlier post that Castekin asked for slower expansion unlocks, which is not the same thing...)

This was suggested by quite a few people, myself included, when FG launched. It would be nice if they added something like this.
  7. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Thats how Caith tried to make it after KoS so that XP gained in previous expansions would be higher and higher for each expansion, but something broke after they disabled the last 100% xp bonus and it does not seem like a fix is coming any time soon.
  8. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I disagree with the "bonus experience for previous/lower lvl content method" as that will only make ppl mentor the same zones over and over until cap as we saw on FG. Grinding one rock wasn't exactly fun but it was more fun then grinding higher lvl areas for much less exp. It makes zero sense to keep it that way. A progressive and well balanced exp rate throughout all the zones with harder encounters rewarding more is the best way to do it imo. Also quests need to feel rewarding in xp gain.
    The biggest griefs I've had with TLE are the itemization and the xp rate issues.
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Hopefully it wouldnt be too hard for them to put the XP boosts on level caps. IE unless you are under level 50, no XP boost. Just apply it as a buff to everyone;
    "If player is under level 50, increase XP Modifier by 50%". Each expac release, tweak the level accordingly.
  10. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yeah that doesn't sound too bad.
  11. Artaryl New Member

They could also disable mentoring. Or they could simply negate the zone xp bonus when mentoring or being mentored.
  12. Kalika Well-Known Member

Feeling the same, i was about to come back after 3 monthes off (due ro Rlife commitment) we cleared a good chunk of TSO and while i was away the did decent progress in SF ...

But I have 3 healer, 1 tank and 2 mage, all lvl 80 and the XP is too slow to catch back playing reasonnably.

On top player population is way down, this is weird because DoV whch i coming was one of the best expansion, it seems mostly due to the total lack of balance in the content which make heroic a joke.

Currently i don't think that FG will survice long and so I m likely to be off, unless the quickly change the XP rate and announce that DoV will be released.
  13. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

Just come play the new event server!!!
    Zenji likes this.
  14. Linus Member

I know it won't be, since the whole thing is set up to sell XP potions and familiars and whatnot, but I'd love to see something geared toward actual play time. Maybe something that catered to the (more) casual crowd. If they thought they had the population, no combat xp, only quest xp, bumped up significantly, with new repeatable quests set up for all heroic zones and nearly instantaneous creation of new instances so it was almost as if you had true instances of even contested zones.

(this is one of a lot of ideas, and a completely random one at that. I'm not looking for critique, especially as I know it won't happen)

I'll be interested to see the rewards and ruleset of the new TLE, but no way in hell I'll be "gathering my guild" till I have some inkling of what's going down. Both of them so far have been "rawr, group up or fail".