Cannot Reproduce Smart loot not smart

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Arclite, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Bentenn Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it is going that way. It sucks, because if you've already gotten most the armor pieces, then they didn't get flagged and you will get them again.

I would say this, keep track of what you've opened since tuesday and then report back on it as a bug. Unless they are able to throw in code to see what we're currently wearing, which they won't because you could've obtained it from an alt toon, this it is a fresh start from Tuesday.
  2. mR_vAiN New Member

After completing the Raid weeklys I didn't get crates (with 2 chars). I only received coins.
  3. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Are you suppose to receive a crate ?I did my first weekly and only Coins were given
  4. Melkior Well-Known Member

No. You go to the currency merchant and buy the crate.
  5. manashock New Member

Occami, Skyfire, used 400 coins, 2 sets of duplicates from crate Gear Crate VI. 2 legs 2 feet and I already had feet and legs equipped and in inventory.
  6. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Did you have them on before the patch Tuesday.. because if you did.. then the probably weren't flagged. Read the posts, I've said this about 10 times and believe that's the way it is. I don't think they will fix it either, so if you already have a bunch of 480 gear then i would save coins for later, but I'm pretty sure it only starts flagging what you open starting Tuesday after the patch. They just haven't confirmed it, nor will they probably.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

Mint did ask for the information. He also mentioned the fact that if you had one of each item you would receive a duplicate. I'm holding out hope that means stuff that was looted before the check should count. If it didn't there is no way anyone would have all the items two days after the patch since there is an 18 hour timeout between purchases. Not a bright hope, but hope nonetheless. I'd much rather people post, and let the devs sort out the answer.
    Beee likes this.
  8. mR_vAiN New Member

Oops. Somehow I thought there would be a box at the end of the weekly :) Sorry!
  9. Mint Loot Meddler

The crates do see what you have equipped and what you have in your inventory. It will not give you the exact same item twice unless you already have every possible usable item the crate awards your class or you had removed the item from your character. For the purposes of the code this means if two items have the same stats but different names they are not the exact same item.
    I have not yet been able to verify a log of a player receiving an item they already have from the crate, so if you believe this is an ongoing issue please provide the name of the item you received a duplicate of, your character name, server name, and the date that it happened
    Jinksie, Melkior and Taled like this.
  10. manashock New Member

Hello Mint, thanks for the response.
  11. Ratalthor Developer

I will resolve this thread based on this post from Mint. If you encounter a duplicate item reward, please create a new thread and provide specific information (char, server, item name). Thanks!