Cannot Reproduce Smart loot not smart

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Arclite, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Arclite Well-Known Member

Just opened the raid box and got the same gloves I am wearing.

Can someone please look into this.
    Crown, Kuulei, Aethos and 16 others like this.
  2. Arclite Well-Known Member

Surprised people are not upvoting, we have a lot in our guild who have got duplicates since yesterday's patch.
    Kuulei and manashock like this.
  3. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I suspect people have not run into yet since update as the weeklies are on Thursday. After Thursday - I think there will be more seeing the problem.
    manashock and Drona like this.
  4. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Because I'm sure they didn't code it to check what you already have, but what gets opened after the change is implemented. Sure it's an oversight, but we won't know for at least a few days of trying and see if you get duplicate loot of loot that you got from crate starting on tuesday
    manashock likes this.
  5. Drona Well-Known Member

Many people have used up their coins and waiting to get more before they can "test" this feature.
    manashock likes this.
  6. manashock New Member

Yes duplicates everywhere again. Wasted coins thinking this was working correctly.
  7. Mint Loot Meddler

Which crate are you purchasing and opening specifically?

If you are having trouble please provide your character, server, and the specific crate purchased.

Also please keep in mind if you have already received all possible items equippable for your class from that specific crate you will begin to receive duplicates
    Beee and Twyla like this.
  8. Loric Member

OP said the raid box. There's only one that can be bought for Stratos Solidus raid coins, so it must be Zimaran Gear Crate VI.
  9. Arclite Well-Known Member

As i mentioned in my first post, this is the only raid box you can buy at the moment. This was an alt which has 2 raid items before and upon opening the box after the patch i got the same glove again.

Not an isolated event, I believe many people are seeing this right now.
  10. Taled Well-Known Member

It's the Gear Crate VI, for Stratos Solidus, that folks are complaining about still getting duplicates from - SOME of it is likely folks not realizing there are multiple of most slots, but there are still folks getting dupes.
  11. Melkior Well-Known Member

Yes, Gear Crate VI. No one in my guild has enough coins or rewards to exhaust all the options. Many have gotten like 2 unique items and duplicates of them. So very broken.
  12. Beee Well-Known Member

Items can be found very easy: just search for Shifting in your character window

Since beginning I opend 16 raid crates, transmuted 8 items (without getting any mana), wearing every item which was not duplicated - and guess what number i got: 4 items for a not duplicated slot .. So 12 Items were slot duplicated.

The problem seems to be the looted raid gear - same stats - different name, so for a player it's the same gear, but it's different.
  13. Melkior Well-Known Member

Negative Beee. I'm not talking slot duplication. I get there are multiple pieces with slightly different stats (and similar names) for each slot. I'm talking identical named item duplication. My Guildmate posted about this in the General forum. He got the identical cloak he was wearing. Not just a cloak, but the exact same one. In this case it was the Shifting Future Tempest Cloak. He believes it is because the code checked his inventory and not what he had equipped, but we have no way to be sure.
  14. Melkior Well-Known Member

Mint,
    I do appreciate that you are looking into this. I have yet to try because I had several guildmates who got duplicates before I logged in. One example was Darwiin on the Skyfire server. He was wearing the Shifting Future Tempest Cloak and got a duplicate when he purchased his next Zimaran Gear Crate VI loot box. As I mentioned above, his theory is perhaps it was because the check looks in inventory but not actual equipment slots, but no real way to confirm that.

I hate to waste coins on something that was supposed to be fixed, but if it will help get the issue fixed I guess I will start doing that. I will post further results as they occur.

Thanks again.
    Beee likes this.
  15. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Ded we really expect this to work. I am tired of the lack luster loot options and "smart loot" that has never worked consistently. Just make it a bauble or coins and let the players pick what they want for a reward. It is stupidly frustrating dealing with mechanics that 20 years of existence should be working.
  16. Arclite Well-Known Member

Just opened another raid crate to test again and got another duplicate, this time name is different but stats identical. May be the "smart" part only applies to the name of the item?
  17. Taled Well-Known Member

Yes, if the item has a different name it is not the same item. There are a number of items with the exact same stats.
  18. Bentenn Well-Known Member

so its different with same stats.... that's not a duplicate
  19. Bentenn Well-Known Member

did they have the cloak prior to the update on tuesday?
  20. Melkior Well-Known Member

Yes. So your theory could certainly be correct.