Silent Infusing Changes with GU109

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Beee, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I really wish they wouldn't make these changes *after* they've already been in my pocket.

I'm glad the community keeps an eye on stats like this - I knew my toon felt funny, and it wasn't his diet of clowns that caused it.

I'm excited to see what's going to happen with the summer ethereal event... lol Maybe they'll give priests a damage proc based on HPS....
    Soara2, Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Nah, they'll give priests another buff abilty that affects everybody in the group EXCEPT healers...
    Soara2, Breanna and Zeddicious like this.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

It's just for new infused items - allready infused items in your bag are were not changed.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Bump!
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Darchon6 Member

I have a feeling that it was an intentional change--premium infuser packs were reintroduced as part of the same update. Coincidence? It's very unlikely, and double stacking premium infusers is probably the core reason for their temporary removal from the marketplace. They might have considered it to be an exploit, hence the silent treatment.

In the long term, I feel that it's going to be a positive change since you no longer have to rely on RNG when infusing beyond the former soft caps (not to mention that you'll receive more mileage from a premium infuser pack as you're only utilizing a single infuser per upgrade).
    Soara2 and Zeddicious like this.
  6. Tomshindo Active Member

I don't understand their intention to fix silently but it seems that they didn't think that it's worked like that.
    We can still crit-infuse on every item but absolutely they ruined our fun that won't make this game unbalanced.
    What's more unbalanced is so clear that we don't have to tell, isn't it.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I call BS -- Plat and Loyalty infusers work on the Deity Layer. Crafted and looted infusers work on the Physical Layer. Marketplace, Beta Reward etc. infusers work on the Bonus Layer.

[IMG]

If the small amount of over-infusing we used to get somehow makes or breaks your character, you have worse problems than infusers.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

/bug has been worthless for years, and who has time to sit for hours in discord scrolling through trolls postings only receiving selective responses from the Dev team.
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

62 Potency difference per second bonus infuser per item makes a huge difference

At the moment it's not usefull to invest the DBC for a second bonus infuser if you get only 100 instead of 160-200 as before GU109

Every player should be aware of this big difference without any notice in a patchnote

And the small amount … physical and deity in the posted above example 20 Potency difference multiplied by 21 items .. are over 400 potency difference only from "free" infusing
    Soara2 and Dude like this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Fervor > Crit Bonus > Potency

I think you're worrying about the wrong thing.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Potency is the only stat that players can/could get a reasonable amount of via infusing. It is NOT unreasonable to worry about a significant (and stealth) change to how much can be acquired.
    Soara2, Dude, Hiza and 2 others like this.
  12. Ripp Savage New Member

So, we have to spend real cash for this system? Am I reading this right.

I'm really starting to regret my re-sub.
    Soara2 and Hiza like this.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

You do not need to spend real money to infuse. You need to spend real money to 'max' infuse. Only a small percentage of the players spend money for the purchased infusers.
    Soara2, Dude, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  14. Beee Well-Known Member

I'm worried about reaching my fervor cap from 452,2 in raid ;)
    Comparing the items the new infused items have much lower CB too, but as Mermut wrote:
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Dilon Active Member

Not necessarily. Any of these three stats can be a bottleneck. For much of this expansion it has actually been crit bonus that was the bottleneck.
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

it's very veryvery very sad Daybreak rouined the ability of infusing new items as old ones

BTW: changing the way to infuse items should revert the old items too to be compareable :mad:
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. Dolgrin Active Member

I have an item with 654 Stamina on physical layer.
    I tried to apply an Reconstructed Celestial Stamina Infuser (789 stamina max). Deity-Window says 0%.

Conclusion:
    Things are even more worse.
    The infuser should work on the item.

Otherwise crafted infusers are also worthless now.

Any failures in my observations?
    Did I miss some important stuff?
    Soara2 likes this.
  18. Twisty Well-Known Member

i'm assuming you're failing the 1/3 of base rule. breaking of which was the sole iota of fun and allowed you to flex your intelligence in the otherwise dull infusing system. no more, down with fun. oh, but keep the p2w bullcrap tho
    Soara2 and Dude like this.
  19. Beee Well-Known Member

I will never ever buy one of the 25% 150 potency infusers for 2 mio Status.

It needed 11 pcs to upgrade an item from 112,5 to 150 physical potency.
    Bevore the cap an item with a lot of infusers went up to 235 physical potency where it's worth thinking about spending 22 mio status for this but now.. No - never ever!
    Soara2, Dude and Hiza like this.
  20. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Dev silence concerning this only shows it was intended. Sadly this is another one of those non advertised benefits we must all have wanted and just didn't know we did... o_O