Signet Of Pure Terror 100 mill status?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Heck62, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Imo it should have an effect on it that drastically reduces it's potency value if not in a raid.

I can't see it being really hard for people to get now if they raid, as everyones going to get a massive stat/dps boost over next week or so.
  2. Mrmacky Active Member

I dont see the issue.. when you consider if everyone wears this ring vs if everyone wears a raid proc ring.. the raid proc ring is still better.. it gives dps more options since everyone but dps can wear them.. or if you are lacking healing healers wear it and dps use the raid ring /shrug
    Monstuhr likes this.
  3. Xper Well-Known Member

Well, a static effect of X statA is significantly better than a proc'd effect with X statA. Plus the optionality this provides makes it extremely useful as well.

Still, I agree that once you get past the sticker shock of 890 potency on an item, it's not as insane a value as it seems initially. Will be crazy OP for heroic content though.
  4. Arieste Well-Known Member

So Gninja said there is another way to get this item other than 100m status... maybe I'm slow, but what is it?
  5. Faelen Active Member

I can only asume it's a drop from Kraletus, since we have yet to see it from any other mob.
    Liou_Unrest likes this.
  6. Estarion Active Member

It would be better if this ring was part of the set because there is no rings from thalumbra terrors set at all, as I remember. And values are just mad, why?
    Liou_Unrest likes this.
  7. Liou_Unrest Active Member

It seems to logically follow that it be part of the ToT set bonus; I would not be surprised if this is added soon.
  8. Vasco Active Member

I like it. Please add to shiny meta reward.
    Sylke likes this.
  9. Airros Active Member

Why wouldn't you just stack this with the Sig Ring? I would gladly give up the 42 WDB for it, since there is no Potency cap... Wouldn't the stacked Pot and CB likely outweigh the loss of 42 WDB?
  10. Minxs New Member

As it's a 100M status item without the RELIC tag, shouldn't you remove also the tag from other items that you buy outside Maldura?
    Beee likes this.
  11. Kioske Well-Known Member

Will this ring be retroactively updated? Or am I going to have to earn 100 million status again?
  12. Marq Member

Now that the merchant was put back in and the ring cost 'fixed'... Have to say that it is a massive slap to every raider who didnt get to be lucky enough to get to buy it from the broken merchant before it.

Seems like the whole trend of raiding is changing things so ppl need to redo stuff more for it.

Also after 3 runs of Maldura with multiple flawlesses on each, no golem at all, was it just removed for being broken?
    Crocodile likes this.
  13. Rondo9 Active Member

How can you make it require both tokens when so many people got it while it only needed one? and some got it for there alts too while it was broken!!! Really what a kick in the guts and such a disadvantage to the people that did not get one before the so called "fix". Really disappointing.
    Crocodile and jasonx like this.
  14. Faelen Active Member

The spawning mechanic is broken, but will be fixed in the next patch. I'm guessing that means that currently nothing guarantees spawning the golem.
  15. Crocodile New Member

Yup this is just a bit sh*t I'm sorry .... just got the faction on most of the raid force to discover nope we'll be doing this zone again a butt-load more times to get it now while others have alts running around with it.

Why change the cost to both tokens is what I'm wondering?
  16. Liou_Unrest Active Member

Sir Croc, this was always the case. It always required both the charm relic (which takes a sigil from each captain) as well as an additional sigil with the relic charm for a ring. It just so happened there was an oopsie on the different ways you can purchase from a merchant, one of them slipped by half the requirements. But it was always intended to need all those components, so that is no change; it is just a fix.
  17. Marq Member

It's always heartwarming to see the ppl who got to 'abuse' the woopsie, and got to keep their rings, tell everyone else to suck it up cause it was always intended to be this way =P

Just saying, if you were in a guild that got to benefit from this, i'd really just shut up about it.
    Errrorr and Rondo9 like this.
  18. Liou_Unrest Active Member

I wasn't saying suck it up, just saying the requirements for the item were fixed and not changed. Just wanted to try to clear the air for people who think it just got harder to get for no reason, rather than it just being fixed to reflect the original intended requirements.
    Faelen likes this.
  19. sycla Active Member

just to be fair this "fix"should have deleted the item from those who got it using a exploit
    Rondo9 likes this.
  20. Vasco Active Member

Reduce price and faction required by half.
    duckster likes this.