SF Monk changes - such as they are at the moment.

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-mr23sgte, Feb 5, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-EQ2Luv Guest

Couching@Crushbone wrote:
    Well it can't just be that block is block, because block chance for plate tanks is a function of their shield protection, not their deflection skill, and vice versa for brawlers. This raises the question of what exactly the function is for deflection-based block and whether weapon skill of the attacker affects the chance for the brawler to block.
  2. ARCHIVED-couching Guest

It really doesn't matter. Block is block and it's uncontested avoidance. The only difference is that plate tanks get block from shield and we get block from deflection skills.
  3. ARCHIVED-EQ2Luv Guest

Couching@Crushbone wrote:
    It's only uncontested if it doesnt depend on weapon skill of the attacker. People seem to be assuming that since it is called 'block' it doesnt check against weapon skill. Since its called 'block' does it only work from the front? I wouldnt think so, and if not, why should we assume that brawler block behaves exactly the same way as shield-based block. I just want to know if its confirmed to be uncontested, we cant assume it to be true just because its called 'block'.
  4. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

EQ2Luv wrote:
    It is 360 degrees.
  5. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Why are we being given 4.0 delay weapons? i'm just not seeing how slower = better. Does it have something to do with the haste caps or something to maximize full potential of the weapon or something? You'd think that if you have already hit as fast as the weapon can possibly attack, then you'd be doing more damage with more attacks, right?
  6. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Here are the positives Cusa.
    Currently we cap at 1.5 delay on a 2.5 weapon with haste which means about 50 haste gets wasted. With 2 4.0 delay weapons our swings with be 2.2ish delay so we lose .7 secs but gain a whole lot of damage.
    4.0 delay weapons proc more procs for us per swing as well as the fact we aren't swinging as much we won't see detrimental effects hit us as much.
    Negatives
    The only negative I see if that this does hurt the feel of a monk a bit, currently most of us are ca then auto attack timing, however now with 4.0 delays it will be 2 ca's between every auto attack. For someone like you who just spams and doesn't bother timing it wouldn't really matter.
  7. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I didn't know that a weapon proced more the slower it was, but it does make sense that we'd get hit less by repostes and stuff.
  8. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Yes when you see procs they are normalized to a 3.0 delay. So at 2.5 delay we actually proc less then what is displayed. This is to keep someone from say finding the lowest delay weapon and just dpsing like crazy by loading up on proc gear. At 4.0 you will see a nice increase in the amount of procs per swing.
  9. ARCHIVED-Siatfallen Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Normalised proc chances - if a proc i supposed to go off 1.8 times per minute, then that means it'll have to proc off a higher percentage of a weapon that hits less often. That's the basic logic.
  10. ARCHIVED-EQ2Luv Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    A real negative is you will have less procs of CoB and other temp buffs that proc on every attack.
  11. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

EQ2Luv wrote:
    True we lose 11 swings per minute, but we also gain the ability to get in a few more CA's per minute so that kind of evens things out.
    EDIT 13 swings a minute math in my head fails.
  12. ARCHIVED-jrolla777 Guest

i'd like this 4.0 delay weapon, from the shard vender
    [IMG]

edit: hmm, uploaded pic again
  13. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Mancy@Unrest wrote:
    The other one is better.
  14. ARCHIVED-Cylmore Guest

Any ideas yet on AA paths or is it too early yet?
  15. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Cylmore wrote:
    There really isn't a bad choice anymore except altruism which has become a joke with every tank having their own death save.
  16. ARCHIVED-Cylmore Guest

How important is the AA tactical precision? 5 points into that adds +5% to melee and spell to hit raid wide. It seems to me that would make at least one monk a must in a raid? Or does other classes have better?
  17. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Cylmore wrote:
    Bruiser have the same thing, but no AA build should be without it.
  18. ARCHIVED-scalzo Guest

Hey BChizzle what's your personal opion on the Monk in SF? Your in beta right?
  19. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I know it's not popular but I hope there are some short delays as well. That way if I run out of power(It's Happened!) or I am clearing trash (Non-CA intensive) I'm not hitting in slow motion. That and sometimes bluring weapons just look cool
    I think I one time I accidently outparsed some scouts with the Void Gear Katana's (autoattack) in a KoS raid one time hehe.
  20. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

scalzo wrote:
    I don't really want to comment yet. I want to wait until BETA is done. I don't know if they are going to make anymore changes but we still need a little.