SF Monk changes - such as they are at the moment.

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-mr23sgte, Feb 5, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Any idea if they plan to make 2hb a viable weapons choice, possibly with some double attack?
  2. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    There will be some 2 handers but currently they are putting making an actual good 2 hander on hold until a later date due to it being to complicated for the devs.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Ok then, we look forward to your opinions come July.
  4. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Tuesday my friend.
  5. ARCHIVED-PrimusPilus Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    The last time we had a level increase type and major changes expansion we also had a major update to beta on the last day of that beta, one day before expansion hit (or very close anyway, maybe couple days max), so this is about right, and there will almost certainly be fixes for this found right after the expansion goes live, cuz there always is, mostly bug fixes though. Plus, with tons of peeps doing tons of stuff, there will be a lot more data to base our opinions on after it goes live, for us and the Devs, so we will both know wether the Devs current vision is working as intended then, and what work needs to be done after it all goes live.
  6. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Grading SOE on thier monk work.
    Heading into SF monks had the following concerns:
    AE agro generation
    Survivability
    Utility
    AE agro generation has improved with the increase of craneflock duration and decrease in recast, the positional portion added to mantis leap and hate added to dragonfire. We actually shouldn't have any problems with ae agro if we ae spec, however, we are still not as good as other tank classes on agro in defensive and this is going to be a problem especially single target which should be our specialty. Crane twirl still needs to be buffed devs reluctance to do so makes me so sad as for some reason they can't understand how plate tanks will be swinging 10k+x4 auto attacks to our crappy 1.5k crane twirl.
    We saw some increases in survivability with some mit increases as well as the huge strikethrough immunity on our defensive stance. However, we are still getting screwed here, why is it just in defensive stance its not like plates have the same sort of huge restriction on their stances. We now have some great saves, however, our death save isn't a maintained buff and its pretty much useless for raiding unless you are Ms Cleo.
    Utility wise we are worse, our raidwide continues to become devalued as characters progress and get more casting speed gear. The +hitrate is really the strongest part of our raid buff now not the casting speed and bruisers get the same thing, add onto that bruisers got some killer changes on their intercede aa line and we fall so far behind them here.
    So basically my grade for monks is we will be better, but we will still be dead last in the tanking ranks and SOE failed to deliver on effective changes to make us a good choice.
    Last, here is what I feel needs to be done to help monks, it is a direct copy from the last thread I created in the BETA forums.
    -------------------------------
    For one our agro situation needs to be fixed as a single target tank I shouldn't be out taunted by an AE target tank on a single target ever.
    Superior Riposte needs the CA use restriction dropped.
    Cranetwirl needs to be buffed some it doesn't need to do AE auto attack type damage but it should at least be able to hang with other tanks, I suggest popping it up to 25% proc rate and doubling the damage this is going to become more and more of an issue again this tier as weapons get stronger and our proc doesn't.
    As many have suggested the brawler tree is horribly restrictive, make the INT endline available without having to get eagle shriek.
    Increase the heal % of meditative heal and make it work on hits that are warded, If I am hit for 12k and 6k of that is warded (6k dmg) it doesn't go off which makes the double attack of that hit more likely to finish me.
    Our death save needs to be a constant buff, right now it is great solo but in raids it is impossible to know when you are going to be one shotted.
    Make combination easier to cast, sorry but your game lags like hell even with the top systems out there you need to give us some leeway on this AA.
    Last thing, monks need something, we are currently dead last on the tank list yet again. You were good to hook up the bruisers with some utility on their avoidance buff and with thier close mind so what do we get? I'd love for you to look at our hate transfer and deagro stance as they are useless and the worst part about it is I have to go through one of them to get the faster recast on dragonfire aa.
  7. ARCHIVED-Xanrn Guest

Yeah so much for a last day beta patch, some fool decided to schedule the last day of beta/day before live launch on a freakin Holiday...
    Then they will probably take their usual holiday after the expansion launches.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cylmore Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Does the monk and the bruiser skill stack?
  9. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    I was joking how many expansions in the past weren't actually ready when they launched them.. pretty much putting the entire expansion through an extended beta that lasted half a year... -_-
  10. ARCHIVED-Cylmore Guest

I didn't see the combining of skills like deflection and block in the patch notes. Did I just miss it? Or did it not happen?
  11. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

There is SO much they didn’t say at all in the patch notes its ridicules, there is also a lot more that was just valley hinted at.
  12. ARCHIVED-Xanrn Guest

Well our Raid buff.
    Gained going from T8 Master to T9 master.
    2 Haste and 0.8% casting speed...
  13. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

I'm just gonna say, Monks are pretty damn good tanks for instance tanking. Ran several Sentinel's Fate instances with this group: Monk (Tanking in Offensive), Defiler, Dirge, Coercer, Necro, Conjuror. Our monk held VERY rock solid AE aggro, even with me going balls to the wall Ae DPS on my Conjuror, and his HP barely moved except when the Monk got overzealous with his pulls.
    The Monk's parses were pretty insane too.
  14. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

I'm pretty happy so far, but this is my first expansion starting out in avvy gear so I don't know that my experience is because of the gear or because of the class changes.
    I do find it very frustrating that we now have several AAs that are still broken/useless. They really need to change Enhance: Tranquil Vision, Mongoose Stance, and the one deflection AA in the TSO line that isn't adding anything to our stances (or wasn't, last I checked).
  15. ARCHIVED-couching Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    Any tank should be able to hold aoe aggro with dirge and coercer in the group.
    Give him a try without dirge, it may be a total different story.
  16. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Did you mean Combination perhaps? If so, I agree wholeheartedly!
    BChizzle wrote:
    As temp buff, Crane twirl should ABSOLUTELY have it's damage increased.... at least double if not triple. Added to that, crane flock should just be a flat passive 40% AE autoattack. Then they should change the new wis endline to either increase the proc chance of Crane twirl or maybe make it give us the effects that crane flock currently gives with the duration increasing with number of ranks added.
    BChizzle wrote:
    Yes please!
    BChizzle wrote:
    QFMFT! 1st rank makes it constant with one save, 2nd rank makes it constant and then when the first save goes off you have 10-20 secs more where it can go off again. Brings it more in line with Bloodletter et al.
    BChizzle wrote:
    Not to mention the new aggro from dragonfire/dragonrage only occurs if you are in defensive stance, almost making the new dragon rage worthless. At least remove the defensive stance requirement and please consider connecting this ability to our other AE combat art (crescent strike) instead.
  17. ARCHIVED-Xanrn Guest

SF instances are mostly a joke.
    I have been tanking Orange/Red mid 90 mobs while I am mid 80s.
    Only one I failed on was the last mob in Abadoned Labs, which is nuts even if you kill 2 of the dead mobs.