Server Mergers

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Jrox, Apr 14, 2023.

1. Feara Well-Known Member

o_O I've been reading these Forums for very long time and I'm here to say if you think Bentenn deserves this title, you really don't know what your talking about. There are so many more of us who do.
    Jrox likes this.
  2. Priority Well-Known Member

Opposed to hating soloing when they first started the game, had no friends or idea what they were doing?

At what point in this game was Soloing ever more than the initial step in the adventuring hierarchy of simplicity?

1 person
    2 people
    6 people
    12 people
    24 people

seems pretty cut and dry that SOLOing comes first in the way the game is experienced.
  3. Feara Well-Known Member

I should of used the word they realized instead of they learned.
    I wasn't speaking of one of the many aspects of playing EQII but an actual play style.

This is compressed because I'm a woman of few words. So read between the lines and fill years in as necessary.

Soloist = A player and their play style is to solo all possible content alone. (this can include duo).
    In the beginning there had to be only a handful of us because that is not how this game is intended to be played.
    I am a Soloist because of time restraints and always have been.

But something has happened over the years and here is the dog chasing its own tail.

Every year there is a gap between Raiding and the guy trying to play catch up. It may be alleviated by money and grind.
    But many players grow weary of this never-ending chasing of catching up.
    Some leave for good, some stay and may change their play style for good.

I'm no longer in the 2 - 5% (I'm only guessing here because they have never released actual numbers).
    This percentage (whatever it is) I believe has really grown.

Years ago, in the last great exodus (as I call it) when most of our guild members left the game completely, they were super peed about something they called Gatekeeping. They always grouped 6-12. Many blamed everything on the Elite Raiders and how the Devs have always catered to them (as they put it).

All this I believe has created what I call the modern Soloist who don't need or want to join Raiding Guilds.
    They will want more Solo content. This is what I was implying to about Kael Drakkel.
    You give these modern Soloist a taste and they're only going to want more.
    Twyla and Priority like this.
  4. Jrox Well-Known Member

Yea, guess I'm still new here. ;)
    Igochan likes this.
  5. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Still no merg announcement?
  6. Smashey Well-Known Member

The silence from Daybreak is hearthbreaking.

Like can we at least just get a no so so we can move on? :confused:
  7. Taled Well-Known Member

I mean, if I was DB I probably wouldn't ackowledge this either. This is just a topic that's so touchy that I wouldn't want to comment one way or the other unless we had plans set in stone to do it or never do it.

If they haven't already decided to merge the servers (Which I'd bet it's fair to say they haven't, but I don't have any inside info) then they wouldn't say they are discussing it if they are; If they haven't decided they definitively won't ever do it then they wouldn't say a flat out no or even 'not at this time' because then people will take that as gospel.

It's a 'damned if you do, damned if you dont' situation, but the negatives of not replying are better than any potential issues from responding I would think.
    Twyla, Dude, Jrox and 1 other person like this.
  8. Jrox Well-Known Member

Definitely wasn't trying to bully you and sorry you took it that way. Was only trying to illustrate a point. No harm meant.