Server Mergers

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Jrox, Apr 14, 2023.

1. Feara Well-Known Member

I agree.

You know, I have been known to say...The grind is real.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I see people putting together PUGs in LFG channel all the time. No idea about how successful those groups were.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Faev New Member

Don’t listen to the fudds who hate change. Please merge servers, your game needs more users and they aint coming naturally.
    Smashey and Jrox like this.
  4. Pink Poodle Maid of the Evening Storm

Yeah I made a thread like this and it's going the exact same way.
    Feara likes this.
  5. Feara Well-Known Member

If they did merge servers here's a pickle. What about Guild Heraldry? They would have to add more.
  6. Pink Poodle Maid of the Evening Storm

I would actually like more guild icons!
    Feara and Jrox like this.
  7. Arclite Well-Known Member

Thurgadin is a ghost town and has been for a while.

No idea who they can merge us with but its pretty bad.
    Feara, Smashey and Jrox like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That would be a simple blessing. It's just a matter of adding some icon files in .DDS format, more or less. And if they plan to, please, ask me about actual heraldry! There's so much truly cool heraldry out there!
    Feara likes this.
  9. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Well we did that with potentcy last expac.. reach this magic number lol and fervor. Cloak comes out with FOC on it and no one want's it. Now with contested (yea I know, middle of expansion, there is more than enough CBOC items) to get places. The lock box is cool for returning players, but no so much for those high end peeps whose gear should roll them into next expansion to at least h1's.. Lock box gear shoud've been 400 resolve and maybe,, maybe one or two items CBOC, as solo's dont' matter from resolve, they got it wrong on their numbers is all and really need to take feedback from players. I shouldn't run solos and thats it and be 40 resolve above the next go around as it simply doesn't create content even worthwhile as it will just get plowed through.

I laugh at your second paragraph because since BOL with PQs being put in, solo peeps had complained so hard about not having "good" gear they they gave in and made a mess by giving bis gear from a PQ and continued into ROS. If you're a solo player, you should get Solo gear and work your way up, not top end gear and BIS because you showed up lol.. but that's not the mindset anymore and we just have to deal with it. Casuals who simply just log in for 2 hrs expect to have some of the best gear in the game, thus crates in VOV lol, which made a mess of raids..

Now contested is making a mess again of Gninja's raids, because resolve has already been obtained by quite a few and really the only reason to kill the T4's is to say you did it and kill the t5. Better gear drops in the contested.. think about that... I heard rumor they are looking at making the t4 and above raid gear better, but I bet it gets scuttled.
    Feara likes this.
  10. Praetorian Well-Known Member

I see no issue with offering a chance at a BIS gear item to players who participate in an event like a PQ. There are over 20 gear slot items and giving players some candy items here and there even if it was somewhat easily accessible is fine. Its gives casual players something shiny and worthwhile. There is no reason to completely lock off really good items only to the hardest of hardcore. Collection Meta rewards were usually top tier pieces as well that upgraded automatically usually at a Status Merchant if you met certain criteria. Saying just because some players are casual and mainly solo doesnt mean they dont participate and shouldnt be rewarded for said participation in certain server events. That's what the game needs, and thats what people are arguing for here. PLayer participation to get server populations healthy. WIthout participation population grows stagnant and bored and leaves. Not rewarding paricipation just because of arbitrary play time against another player style is elitist thinking that needs to change or nothing in game will.
    Dude, Twyla and Pixistik like this.
  11. Bentenn Well-Known Member

LOL.. you said it in your paragraph.. gear with progression... PQ's was not anything progression.. it was mind-numbing.. lagging the server out and so glad they did away with it.
    BIS gear for those people that solo. should come from the signature line, and maybe one or two hard quests that they can still complete.

Look at contested, which is a mistake on gear, but only your top level toons will be in there clearing out the zones and getting more gear, whereas you're soloers will never touch that area. It's contested and I guess it serves it's purpose, but it's not a mind-numbing PQ at least and you are rewarded for kills.

Lets use ROS PQ's as an example. 4 BIS slot items from jus standing around auto-attacking lol... guess that's a good payoff..
  12. Praetorian Well-Known Member

PQ's were gear and game progression. PQ's were a huge part of Early BOL gameplay and they were actually FUN to do because everyone was doing them. They were fun events because they had a low chance of getting a great item. So people WANTED to do them. There were multiple instances of zones with tons of people doing the PQ's. It was actually FUN seeing other people in game than my guildmates. Early in VOV PQ's were awesome as well... what happened? The devs adjusted them and nerfed item drops causing participation to drop and populations of active players in zones to fall off a cliff. Progression isnt always found in the same old cookie cutter places. There needs to be reasons to bring players together and Im sorry to remind everyone here, the reward is loot. This is an MMO remember.

Some BIS slot gear should be found everywhere where players can participate. Does that mean 20 BIS gear pieces from solo? Dont be rediculous. But should a BIS slot gear piece or damn near BIS gear piece drop possibly from other aspects of Gameplay BESIDES raids.. Yes. 100%.
    Igochan and Twyla like this.
  13. Igochan Active Member

Bentenn is like the Titanic's orchestra. The ship is sinking, but all is fine.
    Smashey likes this.
  14. Priority Well-Known Member

Ok, hold on a second. There are PQs in VoV? What have i missed?
  15. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

There were PQs in VoV, the boneghoule thingy in Grumblugtin village on the bridge, the dinosaur in Karuupa jungle, and one up in the end of Forlorn Gist.
    Havent seen anyone get a group for them in a while tho, barely anyone ever in those zones anymore.
    So much wasted space
  16. Priority Well-Known Member

I keep forgetting this is RoR. I remember those now
    Taled likes this.
  17. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Na.. you're part of the my feelings has been hurt because no one, not just me agrees with you... for someone who doesn't like or says the ships sinking.. you're going down with it and haven't gotten off yet. There are things that need fixed but most of what you say are complaints due to your playstyle apparently..
    They didn't change the ROS ones and what happened the moment those big guilds got their items from each mob... couldn't even find 12 people to try them, let alone spawn the third one lol..
  18. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Yet here you still are posting about hurt feelings, I mean what you feel is problematic...most people jump off a sinking ship no? Guess you're riding it down as well...
    Feara likes this.
  19. Jrox Well-Known Member

Make your own thread Bentenn, You derail more topics than trains actually have derailed in the last century. Seriously.

#mergeliveservers PLEASE!

And it's not for more PUGS...
    Aggy, Igochan and Cerameth like this.
  20. Feara Well-Known Member

I am for merging servers to see if it will help Raiding Guilds but it may only be a temporary solution.
    I think the Devs already know this.

I do not think this game is dying as some players post, I think the play style is changing enough to be noticeable.

The direction the Company took and the decisions they made has forced this on a large player base imo.
    And when many players were forced into soloing because they couldn't keep up with the demand they learned along the way they really liked it. There is no getting those players back.
    Aggy likes this.